Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 11:51 PM

188 posts, read 597,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
I never understand why those of your mindset somehow think that the "woke" community considered George Floyd as a Saint who did no wrong EVER in life.

Show me where JUST ONE person ever said such a thing.

George Floyd was a petty criminal who was, in fact, engaging in criminal activity the day he was killed. I think that EVERYONE (at least, everyone I know) is aware of that fact, and never denied it. Why would they?

The point is that he didn't deserve to die for passing a fake bill. I'm pretty sure that if someone were to grab your son and kneel on his damn neck for 9 whole minutes, you'd try to grab the nearest solid object and proceed to tear the perpetrator's head off.

But since Floyd was a big guy engaging in criminal activity with some possibly lethal drugs in his system, he "had it coming" eh?
Saint George Floyd got himself killed via cardiac arrest, destroying crime evidence by swallowing drugs then resisted arrest by force, exactly like what he did before

He is no petty criminal, his crime history in one county is as long as this thread... (look up his records in Harris County, TX where he was before moving to MN)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 07:17 AM

15,273 posts, read 35,660,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Are you talking about St George of Floyd?

[...]
Nope.

Old 03-16-2023, 02:05 PM

869 posts, read 320,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND321 View Post
Saint George Floyd got himself killed via cardiac arrest, destroying crime evidence by swallowing drugs then resisted arrest by force, exactly like what he did before

He is no petty criminal, his crime history in one county is as long as this thread... (look up his records in Harris County, TX where he was before moving to MN)

Lol, yea...keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, allow someone to kneel on your neck for almost ten minutes...see if you get up from that.

That'll solve that riddle.

Also, I live in Harris county...even went to the same high school as he did, although I didn't know him personally.

As stated before, everyone is well aware that he had a criminal past. I'm trying to figure out how that warrants having his neck stood on until death?

Old 03-16-2023, 02:55 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 1 day ago)

8,364 posts, read 5,525,023 times
Quote:

As stated before, everyone is well aware that he had a criminal past. I'm trying to figure out how that warrants having his neck stood on until death?
Its a strategy. Dehumanize the person and explain why they deserved it thus feeling better about your own prejudices.

You won't find me at a BLM march or talking about what a great guy George Floyd was, but he was unquestionably MURDERED. Someone put a knee on his neck for 9 minutes. Derek Chauvin is where he belongs: prison.

Now what this has to do with Waco, I'm not sure. A lot of innocent people died in Waco. The government made mistakes a plenty. But the responsibility ultimately was on David Koresh. That was a 51 day standoff. He had TONS of time to end it. He choose not to.

These situations are apples and oranges.

Old 03-16-2023, 03:46 PM

19,855 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Its a strategy. Dehumanize the person and explain why they deserved it thus feeling better about your own prejudices.

You won't find me at a BLM march or talking about what a great guy George Floyd was, but he was unquestionably MURDERED. Someone put a knee on his neck for 9 minutes. Derek Chauvin is where he belongs: prison.

Now what this has to do with Waco, I'm not sure. A lot of innocent people died in Waco. The government made mistakes a plenty. But the responsibility ultimately was on David Koresh. That was a 51 day standoff. He had TONS of time to end it. He choose not to.

I agree with every point.

Old 03-16-2023, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post

Spot on. It's amazing how the dehumanizing factor works so smoothly. "He shouldn't have resisted" is all you'll get from the likes of these though. As you said, they WANT people like Floyd to have "done something to deserve his fate" so that they can feel good about it. Sad.

You won't find me at any BLM marches or protests either, but I'm smart enough to know MURDER when I see it. Whoever the hell thinks that standing on a person's neck isn't severe enough to kill someone has a SEVERE case of the dummies.

I only brought up the Floyd situation because Mr. Know-It-All thought fit to say that people who agree that he was certainly KILLED all think that he was Brother Teresa and never did anything wrong.

Old 03-16-2023, 07:24 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,819,369 times
Murder is a conscious act of the murderer. In determining murder we look to see if the murderer acted intentionally or recklessly (depraved heart murder). In no scenario do we look at what the decreased person did.

When we start looking at things like did he run, that is definitely letting prejudices dehumanize the victim.

As I have been saying through the thread, there were a lot of innocent folks who died through no fault of their own, but actively engaging the police (executing a search warrant) in gunfire is a felony.

Not sure how some on here are defending shooting at cops executing a warrant in one post and in the next they have no sympathy for a man whose life was squeezed out of him by a cop.

The posts would definitely not be supportive if it was a minority cult.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Murder is a conscious act of the murderer. In determining murder we look to see if the murderer acted intentionally or recklessly (depraved heart murder). In no scenario do we look at what the decreased person did.

When we start looking at things like did he run, that is definitely letting prejudices dehumanize the victim.

As I have been saying through the thread, there were a lot of innocent folks who died through no fault of their own, but actively engaging the police (executing a search warrant) in gunfire is a felony.

Not sure how some on here are defending shooting at cops executing a warrant in one post and in the next they have no sympathy for a man whose life was squeezed out of him by a cop.

The posts would definitely not be supportive if it was a minority cult.

There are some who say that those “innocents” weren’t REALLY innocent (except for the children) because they PURPOSELY put themselves in harms way. After all, these were grown people who were able to make up their own minds…yet decided to stay put even after the first shots were fired. They could have walked out at any time.

So who’s REALLY to blame?

Old 03-17-2023, 10:20 PM

188 posts, read 597,342 times
Quote:
There are some who say that those “innocents” weren’t REALLY innocent (except for the children) because they PURPOSELY put themselves in harms way. After all, these were grown people who were able to make up their own minds…yet decided to stay put even after the first shots were fired. They could have walked out at any time.

So who’s REALLY to blame?
Tell that to your Saint Floyd

Old 03-18-2023, 05:18 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,638,626 times
Quote:
I never understand why those of your mindset somehow think that the "woke" community considered George Floyd as a Saint who did no wrong EVER in life.

Show me where JUST ONE person ever said such a thing.
"woke" community? Pulled that out of thin air but I never mentioned that. Maybe some drama because you definitely got into the drama scene as the thread progressed down to here. Drama and woke seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly.

As far as my mindset you don't even have a minute clue of it much less assigning a "mindset" to me. Get a grip !

I also never claimed anything about St. George never doing "anything" wrong. He was in fact in the commission of several crimes and undoubtedly had a hand in his own death but make no mistake that Derek Chauvin strong armed him with brutal force and was rightly convicted for his bad choice. No arguments from me. I ended my one paragraph on Sir George with "let the guilty" be convicted which relayed my sentiments on the man's death.

And let's also be clear that every saint ever was a sinner ! Sainthood does not exclude sinning.

Quote:
George Floyd was a petty criminal who was, in fact, engaging in criminal activity the day he was killed. I think that EVERYONE (at least, everyone I know) is aware of that fact, and never denied it. Why would they?
Since when was home invasion and armed robbery "petty" in any sane person's mind? It was felonious assault and he threatened the life of a pregnant woman by holding a firearm to her protruding stomach. PETTY ...... nice ...... family values ...... might have only killed the "fetus" though and not a living being if he'd pulled that trigger! Between 1997 and 2005, Floyd served eight jail terms on various charges. Generally the gubmint don't jail folks for "petty" stuff because they ain't wanting to pay for your room, board, and medical and such unless one really needs their arse outta the general population for a while. While saying all this he still didn't deserve to be killed for being a scumbag IMO.

Quote:
The point is that he didn't deserve to die for passing a fake bill. I'm pretty sure that if someone were to grab your son and kneel on his damn neck for 9 whole minutes, you'd try to grab the nearest solid object and proceed to tear the perpetrator's head off.

But since Floyd was a big guy engaging in criminal activity with some possibly lethal drugs in his system, he "had it coming" eh?
There are a lot of assumptions and assigning of emotions and motives which are utter lies !

BTW, "passing a fake bill" is stealing. Stealing is not a good thing !

Let me be perfectly clear. My bringing up Sir George of Floyd into this convo was due strictly to Trainwreck 20's comment about a black man being murdered : (quote " Funny, black man resists arrests and is killed, and it is 'he shouldn't have resisted'." ) Because of the immense publicity in that event I (maybe wrongly) brought up that case based on that sparse statement. But as quickly as possible in that post transitioned back into the Branch Davidians. Still don't grasp the applicability to his alluding to "a black man's" deaths because blacks surely died in the Branch Davidian Compound . . . black men, women, and children. And their color seems very unimportant in the case. hmmmmmmm

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas