Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 02:43 AM

12,032 posts, read 8,333,781 times

Advertisements

As for Austin, I was shocked by how many Biden signs littered the suburban neighborhoods of Leander, there were far more than I was anticipating. I also still feel though this was largely more of a lashback against Trump than it was support for the Democratic Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 08:20 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 23,047,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exult.Q36 View Post
It looks like Joe Biden actually will win Tarrant County. So, all of Texas big cities are blue. The dems will have to invest a lot of money in the future to turn Tarrant County solid blue.

https://mobile.twitter.com/starteleg...64231079104514
Fort Worth itself hasn't been "red" like everyone thinks. That's really been every town outside of it within the county.

If this election has taught me one thing about Fort Worth, whether people live here or not, it's this:

People really don't know much about this city at all...

Old 11-13-2020, 12:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,896,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Fort Worth itself hasn't been "red" like everyone thinks. That's really been every town outside of it within the county.

If this election has taught me one thing about Fort Worth, whether people live here or not, it's this:

People really don't know much about this city at all...
Yeah, that’s true but we do have a Republican mayor that’s holding back progress. Republicans don’t do well at all of running major cities in my opinion. And that image you speak of I think is actually hurting the town when it comes to major corporations looking at Fort Worth for relocation. Dallas has had a leg up on Fort Worth in recent years because it portrays the image of being more inclusive. Look at Plano. It felt like Plano literally took off with large scale developments after they elected a black mayor. Inclusion matters when these companies evaluate a potential area for relocation. There is still too much of a good ole boy image in Fort Worth. Until people actually go out and vote to replace Mayor Betsy Price things will remain the same. We have another chance to replace Mayor Price in 2021. Hopefully, voters actually show up to the polls this time.

Old 11-13-2020, 01:51 PM

6,224 posts, read 3,681,823 times
Quote:
Yeah, that’s true but we do have a Republican mayor that’s holding back progress. Republicans don’t do well at all of running major cities in my opinion. And that image you speak of I think is actually hurting the town when it comes to major corporations looking at Fort Worth for relocation. Dallas has had a leg up on Fort Worth in recent years because it portrays the image of being more inclusive. Look at Plano. It felt like Plano literally took off with large scale developments after they elected a black mayor. Inclusion matters when these companies evaluate a potential area for relocation. There is still too much of a good ole boy image in Fort Worth. Until people actually go out and vote to replace Mayor Betsy Price things will remain the same. We have another chance to replace Mayor Price in 2021. Hopefully, voters actually show up to the polls this time.
Betsy Price is a RINO though. I doubt Fort Worth will ever have a real conservative mayor again, and I bet the next one will be an actual Democrat.

Old 11-13-2020, 05:53 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 23,047,239 times
Quote:
The TWO mayors we had before Betsy were Democrats and they both served 8 terms each... it seems like people forget that.

Old 11-13-2020, 09:27 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,896,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The TWO mayors we had before Betsy were Democrats and they both served 8 terms each... it seems like people forget that.
Yep. People have short term memory. I’m just ready for the Betsy Price era to be over and done with.

Old 11-14-2020, 07:57 PM
bu2

24,364 posts, read 15,214,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkwensky View Post
Anyone read any good article that explains this shift? It's just mindboggling to me. I remember driving to the border ten years ago and having to go through 2 check points in an hour. Lives in the area must have gotten more restrictive after Trump took office.
Trump's policies do very well with the blue collar vote.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:15 PM

6,544 posts, read 7,684,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJac View Post
My hypothesis is Hispanics in Texas have taken on Texas “Individualism.” They want a chance at the American dream and they don’t want politicians stripping them of their 2nd amendment rights. They are likely more socially conservative on religious freedoms than Arizonians or Californians as well.

Maybe just maybe the media will stop treating the Latino and Black communities as some monolithic voting block that does everything in unison. That should be the lesson for Democrats from this election.
I noticed that most of my South Texas Hispanic friends on Facebook who shared their political opinions in favor of Trump were evangelical Christian churchgoers, so yes more socially conservative people that are not just voting for Trump but voting against the Democrats and the direction that party is headed.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:45 PM

10,261 posts, read 6,940,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Largest counties in Texas for Biden ordered by percent with total votes.
  1. Travis (Austin) 71.7% 435K
  2. El Paso 66.4% 169K
  3. Dallas 65.1% 599K
  4. Bexar (San Antonio) 58.3% 441K
  5. Hidalgo (McAllen) 58% 128K
  6. Fort Bend (Sugarland) 54.7% 196K
  7. Willamson (Round Rock/Georgetown) 49.7% 142K
  8. Tarrant (Ft Worth) 49.3 412K
You skipped Harris County and a few others.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:58 PM

6,544 posts, read 7,684,351 times
^^Not sure how I did that, it's only the biggest county in the State. Fixed.

Largest counties in Texas for Biden ordered by percent with total votes. Only counties with 100K votes for Biden or greater.
  1. Travis (Austin) 71.7% 435K
  2. El Paso 66.4% 169K
  3. Dallas 65.1% 599K
  4. Bexar (San Antonio) 58.3% 441K
  5. Hidalgo (McAllen) 58% 128K
  6. Harris (Houston) 56% 918K
  7. Fort Bend (Sugarland) 54.7% 196K
  8. Willamson (Round Rock/Georgetown) 49.7% 142K
  9. Tarrant (Ft Worth) 49.3% 412K

The largest counties for Trump were Collin and Denton counties both North of Dallas.

Other interesting observation is Comal County (New Braunfels) was overwhelmingly for Trump not influenced in the slightest by the counties to the North and the South of it along the I35 corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas