Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 04:22 PM

6,790 posts, read 10,055,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Speak for yourself. Some of us are very fond of nature.
I've never said I didn't like trees. I just don't find trees important enough to argue over. Yes, trees are nice to look at but they shouldn't be the topic of discussion in almost every Dallas vs Houston thread. There's more important things to talk about than trees.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:21 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,409,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
I've never said I didn't like trees. I just don't find trees important enough to argue over. Yes, trees are nice to look at but they shouldn't be the topic of discussion in almost every Dallas vs Houston thread. There's more important things to talk about than trees.
That's your opinion, and I disagree. Be it architecture or trees, none of the stuff we're talking about here is truly important.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:24 PM

6,790 posts, read 10,055,840 times
Quote:
That's your opinion, and I disagree. Be it architecture or trees, none of the stuff we're talking about here is truly important.
Touche!

Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,498,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
They feel like thats a for sure advantage over DFW so of course they're gonna stuff it down our throats. In the real world its far more people in Houston or Dallas who dont give a rat's a** about which city has the tallest trees.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 PM

4,469 posts, read 6,368,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
They feel like thats a for sure advantage over DFW so of course they're gonna stuff it down our throats. In the real world its far more people in Houston or Dallas who dont give a rat's a** about which city has the tallest trees.
The trees are taller in Houston because of no zoning.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
...and just as many folks who couldn't give two sh*ts about who has the better architecture or better needless bridges. It works both ways.

If Dallas was the city with the taller trees, you know good and damn well y'all would be shoving it down our throats. Don't even trip.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
...and just as many folks who couldn't give two sh*ts about who has the better architecture or better needless bridges. It works both ways.

If Dallas was the city with the taller trees, you know good and damn well y'all would be shoving it down our throats. Don't even trip.
I beg to differ.....Houstonians are the ones who brought up the fact that they have taller trees since the creation of the internet.We never challenged them about taller trees,we just want it to be known that we DO have them.If Dallas Had Taller trees it wouldnt even be a discussion because we never cared until Houstonians challenged us.And if Houston had shorter trees,Houstonians wouldnt utter a word about trees.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 PM

350 posts, read 870,897 times
Quote:
I beg to differ.....Houstonians are the ones who brought up the fact that they have taller trees since the creation of the internet.
We invented the integrated circuit, making modern computers possible. They can have the trees.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ.....Houstonians are the ones who brought up the fact that they have taller trees since the creation of the internet.We never challenged them about taller trees,we just want it to be known that we DO have them.If Dallas Had Taller trees it wouldnt even be a discussion because we never cared until Houstonians challenged us.And if Houston had shorter trees,Houstonians wouldnt utter a word about trees.
So you say, but it seems to me that the only reason you all are writing off the discussion of trees as irrelevant is because it's something that Houston is the clear winner in, and you would rather not dwell on it. Dallaz was the first one claiming it wasn't important, yet he sure did take the time to find examples of plenty of trees in DFW.

Dallasites do plenty of boasting about their city, so why can't Houstonians do the same when it comes to our trees or even bragging about how we have better dirt than y'all?

Old 06-29-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
So you say, but it seems to me that the only reason you all are writing off the discussion of trees as irrelevant is because it's something that Houston is the clear winner in, and you would rather not dwell on it. Dallaz was the first one claiming it wasn't important, yet he sure did take the time to find examples of plenty of trees in DFW.

Dallasites do plenty of boasting about their city, so why can't Houstonians do the same when it comes to our trees or even bragging about how we have better dirt than y'all?
Its known that we have a better trasportation system but Houstonians refuse to swallow that so they bring up bus fleet counts to feel better about it.

If you have to result to bragging about Tall trees and dirt then thats a sign of defeat.Its like reaching for something to break your fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas