Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

24,781 posts, read 28,600,856 times

Advertisements

Chattanooga Outpatient Clinic - Tennessee Valley Healthcare System

Also one in Cookeville.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,960 times
Default i live in dunlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeaches View Post
Hi, I am looking at dunlap tn maybe to move my family to from alabama. I am a disabled veteran(can work though, lpn) so need somewhere small, rural that has churches, good schools, accepting of my adopted children(hispanic), where i can see the mountains and not terribly far from a VEterans admin hospital? Could you help me with pics , info about dunlap or another good town/city. Would like it smallish 5000 people or less. My children are in 7th and 8th grades. I like rural, love walmart too. Thanks in advance for any help. Gingerpeaches

Dunlap is great
i have 3 kids 8, 5 and 10 months
the schools are great and walmart is close
we have a bowling alley, pool and great churchs big and small

email me any time
[EMAIL="vandysgibson@yahoo.com"]vandysgibson@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 01-12-2010, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,662 times
my son lived up by Dunlap between there and Decateur. He and his wife could not find work thereand had to drive to Chattanooga or to crossville to have work. They also could not sell their house 5 years ago when they moved to Oregon to be by his wifes parents. We lived in Cannon county, Tn about 15 years ago and owned a 300 acre farm. Everytime we went to town our neighbors would watch and when we came home we had things stolen. My husband got brave and went to the close neighbor and everything that was missing was in his barn. He shurred his shoulders and said he didn't know where it came from. We had our tool sand equipment with our mark and name on them. The sherif did not do anything to stop it. We also found out that you do not go on any roads that people did not know you as they carried a shot gun for people they did not know we were warned. We lived there for 4 years and finally sold our farm. We had planned to retire there. It is beautiful country though. We have moved to the country to the east of Woodbury about 100 miles now. The country between Chattanooga and Knoxville hwy 75 and hwy411 are good people. Mountain people in the smokies are a little bit skeptical, so take care there. North of Knoxville and east of knoxville has quite a bit of bad weather in the winter. The country south of knoxville and east of 75 you have most of the time very tolerant weather. coming from the south of us you would do well to check out anywhere from Madisonville, sweetwater back toward chattanooga, tn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee