Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:44 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Vallartas on 54 in Land O Lakes. YUMO!!!!! We've been to numerous here in Denver and others in Tampa and they do not compare. There's 6 locations but the one on 54 is the best with their fajitas!!! Get the one that's big enough for two-$25

Go to Federal...you will find great Mexican food..

Diegos in Pueblo and I heard Lola's is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:12 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
I really have a hard time believing that out of the 20 or more little Mexican joints along Armenia north of tampa bay Blvd all of them are thrash, not one of them is putting out anything better than dog food, I dunno

Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 AM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
The Mexican food here will taste like (expensive) dog food compared to the Mexican food in Texas. Please see suggestion above. The closest thing you will find to Texas Mexican food is (Texas chain) Uncle Julio's in Boca Raton. That's where I go when it's been 6 months since I had a decent taco, and Tampa Bay has no options.
Absolute rubbish. I hope no one takes you seriously.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:17 AM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
It takes a Mexican food snob to understand. Clearly you are not one. And clearly I am not the only one who thinks the Mexican food here is crap.

My next mission is to drive the 50 miles to ponchos villa in dade city.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,009,834 times
Quote:
It takes a Mexican food snob to understand. Clearly you are not one. And clearly I am not the only one who thinks the Mexican food here is crap.

I get that is a very subjective thing, but I drove up Armenia to go to China Yuan yesterday, and there must have been at least 20 or more mexican places, taquerias, tortillerias, regular restaurants. Have you tried them or they are just too dive-ish?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM

792 posts, read 2,292,206 times
Quote:

Well, your opinions do not reflect the quality of food around here as most people would perceive it. I think you say places are bad, just to sound extremist.

I believe your the same person who said Publix bakery sucks. Am I right?

So there you go people. That's your source.

Old 08-28-2013, 04:07 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
the publix bakery is great, if grocery store baked goods is what you are into

i am still waiting to hear from someone who is a baker that they regularly buy and eat publix baked goods

not gonna happen

as for the armenia mexican places, i have yet to hear of one that is good

i will not try a place unless i hear from recommended sources that it is good

i am still waiting to hear from someone who is from texas or california that they love the mexican restaurants in tampa

not gonna happen

Old 08-28-2013, 05:00 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
There used to be a Pancho's Villa in San Antonio. Did they move?
Ahhhh … my bad. It's in San Antonio. I always mess up the two names!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:52 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:

It's actually in San Antonio. I'd be interested in your review, if you do go.

Pancho's Villa Mexican Restaurant - San Antonio, FL

Pancho's Villa Mexican Restaurant - San Antonio, FL - YouTube

The owner has an interesting story, too. I remember reading about it in the paper a couple of years back, but I can't find the article now. Will post if I can locate it.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,452,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
Ahhhh … my bad. It's in San Antonio. I always mess up the two names!
Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard of them, and I heard they were good. I'm actually in New Tampa so it's not too far of a drive (according to google 25 mins)

At least I'm not the only one who has a problem finding good Mexican food here. It's funny I grew up in western Mass, and I had more Mexican restaurants I thought were good up there. LOL. Who would have thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay