Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 07:55 AM

15 posts, read 51,446 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
I currently live in South Florida (Fort Lauderdale) and I'm looking to relocate to Wesley Chapel. I am interested in a new community. I have two girls (5 and 12) and my husband is in managent at Home Depot. Are there any in that area? I'm a legal assistant and want to know how is the commute to downtown Tampa for work. Also, does anyone know what the pay range is for a legal assistant and if they are in demand in Tampa. I also heard from one of these threads to try to stay away from the old Wesley Chapel area. Can you tell me which are the best zip codes to look into to avoid the old area. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I also want to be in an area where there are things to do for the kids. Help!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 AM

68 posts, read 288,918 times
I don't know anything about "old" or "new" Wesley Chapel, but I love the whole area. On the northern part of WC near Zephyrhills there's a Home Depot on the corner of Morris Bridge (or maybe it becomes Eiland there) and SR 54. There are lots of nice subdivisions around there including the brand new Watergrass community (very nice), Country Walk, and Meadow Pointe. There are a million kids in the area, and a brand new multipurpose recration park just opened nearby.

Good luck!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:33 PM

15 posts, read 51,446 times
Thanks WC_ dad for your response. I'll be sure to check out those communities when I go visit in a few weeks.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:00 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Lived in Meadow Pointe for 6 years. It's a bus-ling area that is growing. Many sub-divisions, some older and some new. There are three new malls going up at this presence. It can be quite crowded at times, they haven't built the roads to keep up with the growth. Taxes are lower but home insurance is higher. It's close to I-75. Just a old but newer area made from pastures. Seven Oaks is one of the nicer sub-divisions..

Old 08-16-2007, 07:56 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
There's another Home Depot on Bruce B Downs, just north of I-75 that's close to WC. The 3rd closest one would be the one N Dale Mabry Hwy, around the 19000 block or so.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:55 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
I moved here almost a year ago. It's a good place to accomodate families and kids from what I can see. I commute from WS yo Tampa everyday and I gotta tell you... it's not that fun! It's long and the traffic in the morning is ridiculous! Not enough roads yet to accomodate the expanding population. There is a Home Depot very close... actually TWO! So that shouldn"t be a problem for your husband. Once this area gets more developed it will be a great place to live I assure you. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Forgot one, the one over in New Port Richey is on Hwy 19, just past St Hwy 54. It's about 25-30 miles, but it's 4-lane highway the whole way, very few lights, usually only takes me about 30 minutes to drive it (from Hwy 56/bruce b downs to the NPR store). So you'd have two very close stores, one reasonably close and one far away but fast drive. Not bad. And of course, your husband's competition has stores near the HD's too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay