Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 9,158 times

Advertisements

We just moved from Jasper, GA...I need to find a CHEAP (but GOOD) vet in the Wesley Chapel area..any suggestions?
Our old vet in GA was an old country vet and I think I will still make the trip once a year to get the teeth cleaned ($75 per dog inc. anesthesia) and $10 per shot..but I need a local vet for emergency purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,764 times
I used to use Quail Hollow Animal clinic years ago. They were reasonably priced and good for emergencies. They were in one of the plazas on the north side of 54 just east of 75.

If you want one of the cheapest places around (excellent vets too!), check out Dade City Animal Clinic.
Its on 301 at the south end of Dade City. Its about a 20-25 minute drive from Wesley chapel but well worth the trip. Prices are really good. Something like $35 for full set of yearly shots and exam.
Basically, they are an "old time" type place where its more about caring for the animals than it is about padding their bottom line. The docs take the time to actually talk to you instead of just the assistants doing all the work. I think my last cleaning was $70 total.

Nav

Old 09-23-2009, 05:40 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav View Post
I used to use Quail Hollow Animal clinic years ago. They were reasonably priced and good for emergencies. They were in one of the plazas on the north side of 54 just east of 75.

If you want one of the cheapest places around (excellent vets too!), check out Dade City Animal Clinic.
Its on 301 at the south end of Dade City. Its about a 20-25 minute drive from Wesley chapel but well worth the trip. Prices are really good. Something like $35 for full set of yearly shots and exam.
Basically, they are an "old time" type place where its more about caring for the animals than it is about padding their bottom line. The docs take the time to actually talk to you instead of just the assistants doing all the work. I think my last cleaning was $70 total.

Nav
I had a completely different price experience (service was great thoug, but that is what you can you expect for that amount...) than you had at Quail Hollow and so had a few of my friends...the over charge you....walking in with your dog $ 40.- + additional for vaccins...

I was quoted $ 345.- for my Yorkie to be fixed...I paid $ 75.- at the Humane Society and I go to Petco for the vaccinations...way cheaper.

Luckily we never had a an emergency...but my 2 of my friends go to one vet on St. Rd 54 close to Land O'Lakes and he seems very reasonable.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,656,806 times
DON'T go to Quail Hollow! They are way too expensive. They did all kinds of unnecessary tests for my young cat and dog with no problems. The bill came out to be over $400 for an annual visit, heart worm preventative and flea/tick medication. I will never go there again. The vet I got, was not too great either. No personality and seemed nervous around my dog. He threatened to put a muzzle on her. I go to somone on MLK, probably too far for you.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,764 times
Wow,
Its been about 7 years since I've been there. They must have changed their pricing !
They used to be really affordable. I guess they must have changed hands.

Nav

Old 09-06-2011, 06:23 AM

1 posts, read 7,688 times
Try wesleychapelvet.com thats Dr. Lucado, he's great and very affordable we take all of our chihuahuas there for anything. He's located on bruce b downs near seven oaks just behind the Dunkin donuts. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:40 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,076 times
I moved to Lutz a few months ago from Dallas. Have not chosen a vet for my cats but someone moved off and left a kitten about 6 months old. She stood outside my lanai in the room and I took her in, of course. I wanted to have her spayed before even considering finding another home. I started calling, first call to the holistic vet. Their spays are $250 - $350. Started looking for some advice from rescue organizations and left messages. Then called a vet near me to say I didn't have hundreds of dollars at this time to take care of this kitten and could they recommend a place. They did. It's called PetLuv and is in Brooksville. The drive from Lutz is 30 minutes, north on 41. Spay is $25. They have a web site and all costs are listed. The kitten had no ill effects from the surgery.

PetLuvHome

Edit: Just noticed that original post is two years old. That's okay. Maybe this info will help someone.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
The Humane Society will neuter or spay for $ 75.-...

Old 09-09-2011, 10:08 PM

817 posts, read 2,251,894 times
We take our pets to Dr. Lucado. Until recently he used to operate out of this old trailer-looking thing but he's upgraded to a real office since they widened SR54 and he had to move. His prices are reasonable and his staff is great with animals, and he's honest. And I don't think he's expensive either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay