Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 9,043 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a graduate student and I am 23. I just signed a lease to live in an apartment comple in Wesley Chapel b/c I liked that they were new communities.

I've been reading about the area and it seems like it is more for families. I am getting kind of scared that I might not have anything to do nearby.

What kinds of places are there to go like bar, lounges within a decent driving range?

how about shopping?

I am just so confused! HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 02:34 PM

15 posts, read 53,282 times
Hey well Wesley Chapel is a nice place. You wanna know a good place to go hang out would be Peabody's 15333 Amberly Drive, Tampa, FL 33647
Its a good chill place. Shopping wise Wesley Chapel had JC Penny's Outlet on Bruce B Downs, There really isn't to many shopping places yet, But the New Mall there building that I believe should be done mid 2008 will be the biggest mall in Florida and that will be a new hot stop everyone in New Tampa and Wesley Chapel can't wait for that to happen. There building it now on the corner of I75 and 56.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:57 PM

31 posts, read 100,056 times
Depends on the type of shopping you are looking for....

For bargains Marshalls, Target, Walmart, Bealls, Steinmart, Sam's Club (I only include Sam's for t-shirts and stuff for guys!)

There is a new HUGE mall going in at Cypress Creek - don't know the time frame, however.

OR do like the rest of us -- hop on I-75 to go to your favorite shopping center. Just don't plan to "hop" anywhere during rush hours - aside from the interstates, BBDowns is a real BEAR during those times!

There are some specialty shops around, and I am sure more will arrive. There's a Lowe's and a Home Depot, too. Forgot to mention BJ's - but I don't see where the 'deals' there are the same as Sam's.

Night life? Peabody's is probably the most reasonable, but there is a Bennigans, Macaroni Grill and Chilli's. There are also 2 cigar bars.

But- hey - USF area is only 11 miles away! (without the crime factor at your back door!)

At 23 - you need to be thinking about one foot in the party door and one foot heading toward embracing adulthood, anyway!

Old 08-08-2007, 03:02 PM

75 posts, read 404,492 times
Check out www.10best.com/tampa (broken link). Call me if you need real estate help. I have a team over in Tampa on Dale Mabry.

Good luck!
Terry

Old 11-29-2007, 05:44 PM

1 posts, read 8,616 times
Default Bennigan's New Tampa is awsome

Did you know that Bennigan's in New Tampa has live music four nights a week. I like to go sit out on the patio and listen to the music. It's a great place to just chill out. They also got heaters this winter. I was there the other night sitting outside next to the heater and it was great. I am from up North originally and I love the weather change. It's nice to have a place to go and enjoy it.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:56 AM

5 posts, read 16,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptocruz84 View Post
Hi,

I am a graduate student and I am 23. I just signed a lease to live in an apartment comple in Wesley Chapel b/c I liked that they were new communities.

I've been reading about the area and it seems like it is more for families. I am getting kind of scared that I might not have anything to do nearby.

What kinds of places are there to go like bar, lounges within a decent driving range?

how about shopping?

Hi. Welcome to Wesley Chapel. Things to do...well, the new Groves Mall off of Old Pasco Rd/SR 54 is just ramping up and the new Mall @ 56 & 54 will be completed in 2008. There is a MUVICO (20 screens) Theatre on Bruce B Downs. As for a driving range, try Lexington Oaks Golf Club on SR 54. They are a public course and are very reasonable. On the driving range you hit into water, but still pretty nice. Also has a putting greens. Not much into the bar scene these days but there are a couple sports bar/restaurant in the area. There is Beef O' Brady's & Winners Grill, both located near Lexington Oaks Golf Club.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:28 AM

10 posts, read 32,347 times
Im not sure where westley chapel is but if its not too far from downtown tampa. Go to Channelside. its got some nice bars and clubs there. If you if you look in the area on google, look up Jacksons. Jacksons is on the other side of the peir from channelside. Im from Colorado moving to tampa, but when i visit these are the places i go to and im 23.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptocruz84 View Post
Hi,

how about shopping?

I'm 26, and had a similar freak out when I signed my lease in New Tampa. The area is more for families. There are some things to do nearby, the majority is about a 25-30 minute drive down to Channelside, Soho, and Ybor city. That being said, I do wish I would have lived somewhere closer to these areas. On the other hand, the area we live in is much cheaper In our area there are a few places (Stonewood has good drink specials, the Lime).

Old 12-01-2007, 12:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Ybor City still isn't the safest place in the world. Not a place that I'd recommend anyone spending a lot of time. From what I remember about Grad School a few years ago, there wasn't a lot of time for relaxing except between semesters. Good luck with your studies.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:57 AM

979 posts, read 3,828,663 times
I just moved down here a year ago and am living in Wesley Chapel at Meadowpointe. I am 27... well 28 now and it is hard living out here as a single young-ER woman. I work AND go to school in Tampa so I guess for that matter it gets me out that way but seriously the driving SUCKS to go any place cool! The only places I have found near by are The Lime which just opened up off Bruce B Downs (my fav) and then there is Peabody's which is kind of a hole. As a young single woman in WC it is so hard to have local fun but I get by. Feel free to message me ask more questions. I have a ton of personal experience on this subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: