Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 10:33 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,303,510 times

Advertisements

Suzyn Waldmon - if you've ever listened to the Yankees on radio, you understand.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 AM

555 posts, read 1,572,961 times
Bill Weber, Bill Weber and BILL WEBER! Just freakin terrible. Real a-hole too, there's a reason he got fired by NBC.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 PM

63 posts, read 169,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerdeck View Post
Suzyn Waldmon - if you've ever listened to the Yankees on radio, you understand.
GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!....probably one of the funniest clips I've ever heard. Check out the Susan Waldman Roger Clemens clip for a good laugh.

John Sterling is a joke as well with the Yankees ("Back-to-Back...and belly-to-belly").

Chris Berman is horrendous too. The whole "back back back back" thing went out in the early 90's.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 PM

433 posts, read 875,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
2 words.... JOHN MADDEN
boom

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,733,341 times
Yeah

Old 09-01-2009, 03:43 PM

223 posts, read 829,069 times
Chris Collingsworth I can't stand him, he thinks he knows everthing and he wasn't even that good of a NFL player and this guy is supposed to replace Madden!!!!!!!

Howard Eskin (philly radio host) maybe my most hated boradcaster of alltime. Can't stand him becuase this guy talks show much sh** it makes me want to punch him threw the radio if I could. He always talks about New York sports and he's from and his radio show is in philly, but I guess thats because philly sports suck and they have nothing to talk about down their in Philly. What does he know about sports anyway he's a philly sports fan and they have no sports history, you got to win some rings in the major sports to say you have a history ( yeah so you won the world series last year its about time philly won something and this dosen't change the fact the phillies are the 1st team in all the major sports NFL,NBA,NHL,MLB to loose 10,000 games. Good Job phillies). He never gives any teams credit that win and always makes an arguement how every team gets lucky. I really wish he would voice his negative views of New York sports in Queens at Citi Feild at a Mets Game so we can teach him a Queens "School of Hard Knocks" lesson. I promise he will leave a Mets fan after the game. However, I don't think he has ever been to New York!!!!! He's to soft to deal with a New Yorker maybe in Philly " the city of brotherly love" but not New York. No Way!!!!!

All day long he talks tough on the radio, taking calls and being tough with the callers a clear radio tough guy!!I even heard that in his own city in Philly at the Phillies games, when he stands up and he is recongized (not that he's a famous sports radio broadcaster, he is far from that) he gets booed by the crowd!!!!HA HA HA !!!!!!

I never thought I would ever had anything in common with a phillies fan, but I guess everbody hates him. Because I know I do!!!!!!

Last edited by lugger; 09-01-2009 at 04:10 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 04:05 PM

223 posts, read 829,069 times
Dennis Miller (comdey guy and republican)

For 1 season he was in the booth and his voice was live on T.V. and even his face on Monday night football. Monday night football fried him after only his 1st season.

He did know anything about football he tried to make jokes about players and the game and he wasn't even funny or good at comedy. Now he's on the fox news channel once and a while trying to talk politics. Why does he just not go away!!!!

Rush Limbaugh was on ESPN for a very short while. He to didn't know anything about sports. He also said Mcnabb was getting to much credit because he was black. Shortly after his comment he got fired and I don't even think he lasted a season, and then he went to rehab for his addiction for pills. Now a days he is another republican and makes crazy comments about the U.S. on his radio show and dosen't even know what the hell is going on in the country. Pop some more pills Rush!!!!
maybe the worst broadcaster of alltime and he had a very short career!!!!

Old 09-04-2009, 01:03 PM

351 posts, read 533,690 times
John Madden-Mr obvious and His favre man crush made him unbearable.

Chris Berman-Him and his nicknames he makes for the players are unbearble.

Bob Costas-He gets on my nerves. He always mispronounces countries names during the olympics too. He makes the olympics unbearable

Al Michaels-He belonged next to that annoying jerk Madden because both of them on sunday night gave all of us a hint on what NOT to watch. His commentary makes the game unbearable

Andy Gray-His love for Steven Gerrad ruins his commentary...He also really hates most of the teams. He is unbearable

Richard Keys-Truly horrible...makes sky sports unbearable.

Cris Collinsworth-Prick. Dosent he have the most annoying pompous nasal voice? He laughed at the falcons defense when they lost in the playoffs last year...He along with Michaels will keep sunday night football unwatchable. He is truly unbearable.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:01 PM

467 posts, read 712,837 times
I pretty much dislike any announcer that cannot pronounce anything. Also any really boring announcer. Even when he was in his 30's, Vin Scully made me fall asleep on the couch.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,236,737 times
We've done this before but Jeff Van Gundy is the worst, IMO. He adds no interesting commentary, makes useless and unfunny jokes, and shouts in a high voice to get his worthless point across. What's worse is that most people actually like his commentary.

Joe Buck is as dull as an old steak knife, and his MLB on Fox partner, McCarver is just a broken record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports