Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 03:04 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,419,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I agree. I loved listening to Madden and Summeral. I liked Madden right to the end. I never thought of him as Mr. Obvious. I also like sportscasters who were part of the game and share fun stories of their times as players and coaches. Today I really miss the combination of Al Michaels, Frank Gifford and Dan Dierdorf, even though I wasn't crazy about Deirdorf or Gifford, I liked the interaction of the three together and how Dan seemed to get on Frank's nerves.

One of my favorite combinations in sports today is Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling. These two are great together and Hernandez is hilarious. I also like Joe Morgan who many people despise.
Maybe you remembered Joe Morgan from NBC Sports. He was on ESPN that you don't like. I am assuming you don't Joe Buck or Brent Musburger do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I can't stand Marv "downtown" Albert.
You serious? Albert is the best announcer in the NBA so what is wrong with Albert? I like Marv and I also like his son Kenny.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
Dick Stockton is awful. Maybe he was decent back in the day, but right now, he has to be the worst. He forgets players name, is a step behind on the action, and does not bring any excitement to the game. I think he needs to either pick one sport (does baseball, basketball and football), or just retire.
I'm sure both Stockton and Verne Lundquist will retire at least in couple years and I'm sure Brent Musburger will as well. They are all in their seventies.

Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
The guys on NFL network games. Mayock or whatever is particularly awful. He kills Thursday night NFL. Ugh. How can they not find someone better? Makes no sense. I've never even heard of the guy.
Mayock is the best. I do like Brad Nessler. I really love it when announcers, with with the exceptions of some Fox Sports announcers, come into Lambeau Field and call a game especially [[Chris Myers]] and [[Tim Ryan]] when they called the Rams-Packer game in 2011. I just hope that Bill Macatee and Steve Tasker would call the Browns-Packer game. Macatee never called a Packer game but Tasker called the Texans-Packers game in 2008 with Gus Johnson.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:36 PM

696 posts, read 910,969 times
Mike Milbury, Tim McCarver and Dick Vitale.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:43 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,118,363 times
The two that do Pens games on TV and the guy that does Bruins play by play on TV are terrible. Obviously Jaws was terrible because they yanked him. Grunden and Mayock are annoying, but they aren't awful. I also cannot stand Hawk Harrelson (White Sox announcer...I'm a Cubs fan that would consider watching if they didn't have a talking ass broadcasting their games). I am sure there are others. I am drawing blanks right now.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM

9,826 posts, read 7,561,247 times
Verne Lundquist & Gary Danielson. Absolute killer for CBS SEC games. I agree with the person that says Lundquist needs to retire. Should've happened about 10 years ago.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:10 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,875,053 times
Verne is fine, it's Danielson that's awful. Give a Verne a better partner and he's fine.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post

Gumbel - Really? He sounds like he's reporting a traffic jam instead of a football game
Are you talking Bryant or Greg? Greg's one of the best announcers for CBS.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post

Ugh. Would rather have Marv Albert doing the Finals.
I don't think Albert would be doing anymore NBA finals. His last NBA finals was 2002 before NBC fired him the second time. His last Super Bowl was Super Bowl 44.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports