Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 10:43 AM

6,589 posts, read 11,279,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e66330 View Post
So here we are , basically a month later and the picture of DJ ain’t getting any better . A mediocre effort at The Saudi International , an MC at The Genesis all while committing to the PGA Tour and then , a DNP at both The Honda and at Bay Hill . Doesn’t really appear he’s going to be on track anytime soon . Started the 2022 season at #3 in the world and now’s stands at #9 . Oh well , he did make $44,000,000 last year .
Well - your boy is in the final four of the match play. Albeit he's getting taken to the woodshed... but at least he's got a "top 5" this week .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 05:45 PM

214 posts, read 260,795 times
Spot on Macroy ! He’s moved up on the Money List with some good play in 2 of the biggest purses so far this season . He’s still outside the Top 70 on the FedEx Cup rankings . He needs a couple of good weeks after the Valero to get onto the mix . Glad you recognized that The Dell Match Play was his first top 5 since his 2020 Masters win .

Old 04-04-2022, 11:42 AM

Master's week. The biggest week in golf on TV imo.
The ANWA was a great 'opening act' to the main feature.

One of the more wide open contests I can recall. Interesting to see how Smith and Scheffler will do being under a bigger microscope. And perhaps JT can add his 2nd major.

Old 04-05-2022, 04:03 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
I'm just amazed - and excited - that Tiger is playing....as of this moment, anyway. I did a double take when I read that as I definitely wasn't expecting it. His presence will add so much interest this week.

Without his multiple serious bumps in the road, I'd bet he'd have 25 majors by now.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:23 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Don't following golf news that closely. But do watch Sunday golf and always The Masters. Tuned in to ESPN this afternoon -- absence of Mickelson so conspicuous I had to do an internet search and then read back on this thread.

Appears all the issues discussed upthread resulted in him informing tournament in February he wouldn't be playing this year to avoid being a distraction - public denials by PGA that the PGA requested this, but who knows?

Zalitoris doing OK, but not once did I hear any commentator state he placed 2nd last year.

Tiger looking very creditable so far. Walking all right from what I saw of him in spite of the all the pins and rods. Assume he feels he can walk that course for four days, if need be.

Augusta gorgeous, as usual.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Don't following golf news that closely. But do watch Sunday golf and always The Masters. Tuned in to ESPN this afternoon -- absence of Mickelson so conspicuous I had to do an internet search and then read back on this thread.

Appears all the issues discussed upthread resulted in him informing tournament in February he wouldn't be playing this year to avoid being a distraction - public denials by PGA that the PGA requested this, but who knows?

Zalitoris doing OK, but not once did I hear any commentator state he placed 2nd last year.

Tiger looking very creditable so far. Walking all right from what I saw of him in spite of the all the pins and rods. Assume he feels he can walk that course for four days, if need be.

Augusta gorgeous, as usual.
For The Masters - the broadcast TV is actually my secondary source. The primary source for this tournament is the Masters site. IMO - this is probably THE best managed website/application for a sporting event. It's got like 6 channels on its own (including the actual TV broadcast) and everything you mentioned was addressed yesterday. The Mickelson thing was addressed somewhat by Fred Ridley at the press conference on Wednesday.

They talked about Zalatoris yesterday - showed his performance last year and talked about his putting issues since then.

And of course, you'd think it was the Tiger Wood's show yesterday if you followed the Featured Group.

My favorite channel on that site is actually the "Masters on the Range".

Old 04-08-2022, 01:23 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
For The Masters - the broadcast TV is actually my secondary source. The primary source for this tournament is the Masters site. IMO - this is probably THE best managed website/application for a sporting event. It's got like 6 channels on its own (including the actual TV broadcast) and everything you mentioned was addressed yesterday. The Mickelson thing was addressed somewhat by Fred Ridley at the press conference on Wednesday.

They talked about Zalatoris yesterday - showed his performance last year and talked about his putting issues since then.

And of course, you'd think it was the Tiger Wood's show yesterday if you followed the Featured Group.

My favorite channel on that site is actually the "Masters on the Range".
Thanks for that. As only a very casual follower of golf, I've never been motivated to visit any golf site. Will check it out. I had read, because of his US Open win last year, Phil had like a five-year and/or lifetime admission to most events going forward. Will never forget his shot at 13 at the 2010 Masters - which really began my interest in that event (the course, alone, is eye candy) - and secondarily golf. Phil has been a fixture at The Masters ever since and, for me, it ain't The Masters without Phil. Too bad his personality/PR skills aren't better. It appears from comments on this thread he can generate some strong feelings.

Indeed, watching ESPN now - doing an almost sickening ode to Tiger. Talk about distraction.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 04-08-2022 at 01:40 PM..

Old 04-08-2022, 04:10 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,634,616 times
https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...masters-so-far

Old 04-08-2022, 04:32 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,712,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Clicked on that, but never got to the Bubba Watson story. The link with the photo of Paige Spiranac stopped me in my tracks.....stunning.

Old 04-08-2022, 04:34 PM

14,454 posts, read 20,634,616 times
https://twitter.com/golfyourballman/...00287709548544
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports