Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 05:19 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,602,415 times

Advertisements

I didn't like what I saw at Kiawah. Seemed too tricked up, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 10:19 PM

6,604 posts, read 11,362,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I didn't like what I saw at Kiawah. Seemed too tricked up, imo.
Pete Dye..... nuff said

79.7/153 from the back tees

Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 PM

8,237 posts, read 23,205,027 times
So Serge is leading at the Wyndham Championship and I still cannot help rooting against him, he is probably my most hated golfer on the tour. Remember when he spit in a cup after missing a putt and his temper tantrum in a bunker when he hit a bad shot and all his ripping the media. Tiger has the same antics and that really turns me off as well.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Augusta National lets in women to its membership. Condi Rice, former Sec of State is the first women (and black one at that)....it's about time, isn't it?

Old 08-20-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So Serge is leading at the Wyndham Championship and I still cannot help rooting against him, he is probably my most hated golfer on the tour. Remember when he spit in a cup after missing a putt and his temper tantrum in a bunker when he hit a bad shot and all his ripping the media. Tiger has the same antics and that really turns me off as well.
I don't hate him. I've been pulling for him since he turned pro. I don't like the drunk John Daly.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:35 PM

8,237 posts, read 23,205,027 times
Okay Gents, we need to address this Augusta thing. If I bought 300 acres and decided to flat the earth and build my own golf course and make it private that only invited people could become members and if I named it the Getaway Club and I didn't open it up to women because I wanted it to be a place where men could get away from their wives and girlfriends. what's wrong with that? I thought it was perfectly fine that women were not allowed at Augusta, it's their club they can do what they want. Let's face it Augusta still has a income minimum and a prestige minimum and a high social class requirement but of course it's unwritten so nobody cares but if it were written on the walls then it would be a problem. It's fine they added women but we all know it's just a PR move and you won't see 4,000 women added next year. I am one for tradition and if Augusta wants to go back to all men I don't have a problem with that.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,225,745 times
Quote:
Okay Gents, we need to address this Augusta thing. If I bought 300 acres and decided to flat the earth and build my own golf course and make it private that only invited people could become members and if I named it the Getaway Club and I didn't open it up to women because I wanted it to be a place where men could get away from their wives and girlfriends. what's wrong with that? I thought it was perfectly fine that women were not allowed at Augusta, it's their club they can do what they want. Let's face it Augusta still has a income minimum and a prestige minimum and a high social class requirement but of course it's unwritten so nobody cares but if it were written on the walls then it would be a problem. It's fine they added women but we all know it's just a PR move and you won't see 4,000 women added next year. I am one for tradition and if Augusta wants to go back to all men I don't have a problem with that.
meh, they also admitted Financier, Darla Moore personal friend of Hootie Johnson and long considered the likely first female member. If Condi Rice had any integrity she would have told Hootie and his cracker friends to shove a magnolia bush up their collective butts.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 AM

You can have your private minority-excluded golf club on your 300-acre land. No problem until you hold a national event that requires contributions, finances, and participation from multi-billion dollar corporations who don't share your same beliefs that minorities are forbidden from being considered in your membership.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,524,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
You can have your private minority-excluded golf club on your 300-acre land. No problem until you hold a national event that requires contributions, finances, and participation from multi-billion dollar corporations who don't share your same beliefs that minorities are forbidden from being considered in your membership.
Well said and +1

I understand the whole sentiment of having a certain exclusivity to a 'club,' but this is the pinnacle of a major sport. If they want to hang a no girls allowed sign on the tree house thats fine, but Augusta is far beyond the tree house level.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:52 PM

6,604 posts, read 11,362,263 times
Quote:
Okay Gents, we need to address this Augusta thing. .....t.
Wait - did I miss something? What needs to be addressed? They are a private club, and therefor they can admit/deny who they want. The public/sponsors etc. is free to support or not support them. The fact that they finally offered membership to women is (I guess) news... And the public can have their own opinions....But what other issue is there?

The Masters is their tournament, and anyone is free to not participate if they feel strongly about the membership policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports