Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:11 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,422,470 times

Advertisements

Over 5 1/2 hr rounds for the LPGA US Open event this weekend. How's that speed-up play campaign going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 05:52 AM

6,589 posts, read 11,280,641 times
Congrats on InBee Park on the US Open, and becoming only the 2nd person on the LPGA to win the 1st 3 majors.

In other news... Jessica Korda fired her caddie after the 9th hole on Saturday (and then getting her boyfriend to lug her bag for the remainder of the round). Damn girl.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Not much dialogue in Golf nowadays - in the middle of the PGA season.

Guess I was right - Golf doesn't need its own forum.
From the various posts out there - it seems Tennis would get one before Golf would.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Congrats on InBee Park on the US Open, and becoming only the 2nd person on the LPGA to win the 1st 3 majors.

In other news... Jessica Korda fired her caddie after the 9th hole on Saturday (and then getting her boyfriend to lug her bag for the remainder of the round). Damn girl.
surprised that more caddies aren't fired on the spot, middle rounds. Golfers seem to be very temperamental in my opinion - surprised Bubba didn't can his caddy on the 16th hole two weeks ago when he choked on his own lead to loser the tourney.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,102,936 times
Quote:
surprised that more caddies aren't fired on the spot, middle rounds
I'm not, golf likes pride itself on being classy and I am willing to bet Bubba got him a talking to behind closed doors on his berating of his caddy.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
surprised that more caddies aren't fired on the spot, middle rounds. Golfers seem to be very temperamental in my opinion - surprised Bubba didn't can his caddy on the 16th hole two weeks ago when he choked on his own lead to loser the tourney.
The relationship is really no different than between two co-workers or a coach and a player. In the "heat of the battle", there will be disagreements. And certainly things can be said that are regrettable later on. You discuss it and move on. Certainly what happend to Bubba wasn't the first time we've seen this and I'm sure it happens a lot more off camera. A lot of that was played up by the media (as with everything these days).

What really surprised me with what Korda did (and I don't think that's ever happened) was to make a switch in the middle of a round of a major. Either you have a lot of balls, or you are just super desperate. Although I wonder if that decision would have even crossed her mind if the boyfriend wasn't a professional golfer with caddying experience.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM

PGATOUR.com ? Daily Wrap-up: The Greenbrier Classic, Round 4

I am amazed on how many no name golfers have won this year, you saw a little of that last year but this year every tournament it's 10 no names in the top 10, by no names I mean first and 2nd year players. I am always glad to see a rookie or new guy win on the tournament, unlike other sports these guys can be golfing for 2 years then hoofing it for the next 5 trying to get their card again.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:38 AM

Kid was an up-and-comer on the Euro Tour and made the move to the PGA tour - good to see him win here.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 PM

Spieth wins the John Deere Classic - GolfWRX

n an exciting finish at the 2013 John Deere Classic, 19-year-old Jordan Spieth won a five-hole playoff over Zach Johnson and David Hearn. With the victory, Spieth becomes the first teenager to win on the PGA Tour since 1931. But possibly more important for Speith, he earned himself a spot in next week’s British Open, the 2014 Masters Tournament and is now a full member of the PGA Tour complete with FedExCup points (he is now ranked 11th).
Spieth, who followed an opening round 70 with three 65s, carded three birdies on the final three holes of regulation, topped off with a hole-out from the bunker on the 72nd hole.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:08 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
watching the streaming BBC coverage of The Open, it's really quite tragic of what we are subjected to on a weekly basis from the US networks, don't know who the commentators are but they provide just the right amount of commentary knowing when to keep their yaps shut. The crack after seeing the little toddler being helped to walk and looking like a couple of his chums last Saturday night was great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports