Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 07:22 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
I’m rooting for Russia over the woke brigade that is the vast majority of US Olympic athletes.

The gymnast they were labeling the “GOAT” apparently just quit on her team due to “mental issues”. Are you ****ing kidding me? Typical soft liberal millennial. Just give her a therapy animal. What a joke.
I heard she injured herself on the balance beam and withdrew so as to not hurt the team competition. She ain't no Kerri Strug who competed on a sprained ankle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4um3YEX51k

Last edited by Annandale_Man; 07-27-2021 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 07:32 AM

30 posts, read 25,967 times
Where I am, the Olympics are broadcast on at least 5 channels, including Telemundo, so if NBC is not covering an event, one of the other channels might be.

I have enjoyed watching men's and women's 3x3 basketball, men's mountain biking, women's triathlon, and men's rugby, but I am really waiting for track and field to start.

The only event I was kind of disappointed when watching was men's basketball, the France versus U.S. game. The U.S. players seemed kind of disinterested, maybe tired, and the French players were just as big and fast as the U.S. players (in other words, the days of the Dream Team mismatches are over).

Last edited by GypsyPeak75; 07-27-2021 at 08:19 AM..

Old 07-27-2021, 07:42 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyPeak75 View Post
Where I am, the Olympics are broadcast on at least 5 channels, including Telemundo, so if NBC is not covering an event, one of the other channels might be.

I have enjoyed watching men's and women's 3x3 basketball, men's mountain biking, women's triathlon, and men's rugby, but I am really waiting for track and field to start.

The only event I was kind of disappointed when watching was men's basketball, the France versus U.S. game. The U.S. players seemed kind of disinterested, maybe tired, and the French players were just as big and fast as the U.S. players (in other words, the days of the Dream Team mismatches are over).
Since the French team features many current and former NBA players, their win shouldn't come as a surprise. Now if it were all amateurs playing from each country, I'd be more interested.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:59 AM

10,951 posts, read 3,698,258 times
The group stage of the 2021 Olympic women’s soccer tournament came to a close with eight teams surviving and advancing to the quarterfinals, keeping their dreams alive of winning a gold medal in Tokyo.

The 12 nations that started the tournament were split into three groups of four teams each, labeled Groups E-G to avoid confusion with the men’s tournament Groups A-D. The top two finishers automatically received a berth into the quarters and the two best third-place teams (Japan and Australia) joined them to round out the elite group of eight.

Quarterfinals
Date Match Time (ET) TV channels Stream

Fri, July 30 QF 1: Canada vs. Brazil 4 a.m. NBCSN fuboTV
Fri, July 30 QF 2: Great Britain vs. Australia 5 a.m. TBD fuboTV
Fri, July 30 QF 3: Sweden vs. Japan 6 a.m. NBCSN fuboTV
Fri, July 30 QF 4: Netherlands vs. USA 7 a.m. NBCSN fuboTV

Old 07-27-2021, 08:15 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,863 times
Simone Biles has revealed that she has no physical injury, “just a little injury to my pride”. She’s due to compete again on Thursday, but she says “we’re going to take it a day at a time and see what happens”. “I have to focus on my mental health,” she says. “We have to protect our minds and our bodies and not just go out and do what the world wants us to do.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/li...-and-more-live

Old 07-27-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
Simone Biles has revealed that she has no physical injury, “just a little injury to my pride”. She’s due to compete again on Thursday, but she says “we’re going to take it a day at a time and see what happens”. “I have to focus on my mental health,” she says. “We have to protect our minds and our bodies and not just go out and do what the world wants us to do.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/li...-and-more-live
She needs to go out there and do what is expected of her. One cannot reap all the benefits of what is expected without at least attempting to do what is expected. Having said that, it's OK if she's not perfect.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:27 AM

1,148 posts, read 1,013,863 times
More from Biles:

"Even though it’s so big, it’s the Olympic games. But at the end of the day it’s like we want to walk out of here, not be dragged out here on a stretcher. I just don’t trust myself as much as I used to. And I don’t know if it’s age - I’m a little bit more nervous when I do gymnastics. I feel like I’m also not having as much fun and I know that."

Same source

Old 07-27-2021, 08:28 AM

30 posts, read 25,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Since the French team features many current and former NBA players, their win shouldn't come as a surprise. Now if it were all amateurs playing from each country, I'd be more interested.

It seems to me amateurs are more "gung ho" than professionals.

I noticed a lot of countries are fielding teams that are more "diverse", especially the Asian countries.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:

I noticed a lot of countries are fielding teams that are more "diverse", especially the Asian countries.
I agree.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:55 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,709,255 times
Quote:

The "professionals" are only in it for the money. This is like requiring them to do community service or show up for a charity game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports