Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 AM

10,017 posts, read 5,722,890 times

Advertisements

BTW, I'd love to thank Willow for putting programming banners at the bottom of the screen during the replay of the England/Australia semi-final announcing who the two finalists were. Thanks for the gratuitous spoiler, jerks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 01:00 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,742,150 times
So close! Well done lads-next time.

Old 07-14-2019, 01:51 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,064,894 times
Goodness me, I'm not a particular fan of cricket but what an incredible finish that was! Thrilling!

Old 07-14-2019, 02:41 PM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
So close! Well done lads-next time.

There wasn't much in it, other than luck, and England did have some luck and won by the toinyest of margins.

New Zealand are a great team and I hope they win in the future athough not against England.

The sporting year is also not finished, and the Rugby World Cup is in Japan later in the year, so there is still time for New Zealands mighty 'All Blacks' to being home a trophy.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:07 PM

27,306 posts, read 13,570,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Goodness me, I'm not a particular fan of cricket but what an incredible finish that was! Thrilling!

We have won all three now, the football world cup, rugby world cup and cricket world cup, and I don't think any other nation has managed this.

The Wimbledon Men's Final was also an incredible match and of course today was also the Brtish Grand Prix at Silverstone, which Lewis Hamilton won.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:31 PM

10,017 posts, read 5,722,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
I have New Zealand as my outside bet.
Good call. What a sh*t bit of luck in that last regulation over. Unreal.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:10 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,742,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

There wasn't much in it, other than luck, and England did have some luck and won by the toinyest of margins.

New Zealand are a great team and I hope they win in the future athough not against England.

The sporting year is also not finished, and the Rugby World Cup is in Japan later in the year, so there is still time for New Zealands mighty 'All Blacks' to being home a trophy.
Congratulations, a great game.

I'd be happy with an ABs vs England final in the rugby, with NZ denying England the double this year.

Old 07-15-2019, 01:08 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,534,398 times
What an absurd rule - a boundary countback!?!?!?!?

A tie would have been a much more fitting outcome. Tied after regulation, tied after super over - share the trophy.....

Number of boundaries is not a measure of success. Number of wickets would be a much more meaningful tie breaker. Hopefully this will be the last time this happens. And hopefully we will also see a rule change with regard to the deflection that got England into the super over.

Congratulations to both teams, amazing game.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:13 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,521,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What an absurd rule - a boundary countback!?!?!?!?

A tie would have been a much more fitting outcome. Tied after regulation, tied after super over - share the trophy.....

Number of boundaries is not a measure of success. Number of wickets would be a much more meaningful tie breaker. Hopefully this will be the last time this happens. And hopefully we will also see a rule change with regard to the deflection that got England into the super over.

Congratulations to both teams, amazing game.
Actually it's a format that produced one of the most stunning climaxes to any sporting contests I've ever seen so it'll do for me.
England won by the length of two or three cricket bats and you can't get much closer than that.
Well done both teams but particularly the Kiwis for playing the game in the manner and spirit in which it was intended.
It really showed up the snarling, boorish cheating Australians for what they really are.
Bring on the Ashes.
Now that's proper cricket.

Old 07-15-2019, 02:14 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,521,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Good call. What a sh*t bit of luck in that last regulation over. Unreal.
Thanks.
I would have won a few quid but I'm happy to take the hit ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports