Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 10:02 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Yes, that's how those scum started the run of Islamic brutality that plagues the world today. That the Germans let the Pals escape and continued with the Olympics as usual after the murders is a major reason for 9/11 and the rest of the acts committed by homicidal Muslims in the decades since.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 08-08-2016 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 10:05 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
it's time to bring back Tug-of-War to the Olympics

(from wiki; 1904 Games)

Old 08-08-2016, 11:41 PM

10 posts, read 6,913 times
Much obliged! It was the governmental issues to a limited extent which made it an appear. The atheletes speak to a country so you have individuals with no motivation to be there aside from they speak to a country that hasn't delivered a world class competetor. With the end of the Cold War the show left. While the Olympic Committee could at present get content suppliers to pay for it as they had the goodwill and well disposed bias likewise those systems promoters still saw the crowds diminish away. http://zapatodos.top/28/thanks.png
Include alternate systems demonstrating the minor games year round rather than a reality appear.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:41 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
It's important to those who trained their entire lives to get there.

I watch it because it's nice to see some other different "niche" sports. It's a break from the usual football and baseball that dominates the scene in America. And many of these athletes are basically funding their training and travel costs right out of their own pockets. Most of them are not making multi millions of dollars like in other pro sports. I can really respect that.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:09 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Have been watching the Olympics since 1988, and always enjoyed them. In what other occasions you can watch all sorts of sports with top athletes all over the world, and one can choose whatever interests him. What's to complain about?

Gymnastics, diving, swimming, track/fields, are definitely most entertaining. I can't care less about world cup or college sports.

Speaking of money, it is trivial comparing to useless military spending.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Have been watching the Olympics since 1988, and always enjoyed them. In what other occasions you can watch all sorts of sports with top athletes all over the world, and one can choose whatever interests him. What's to complain about?

Gymnastics, diving, swimming, track/fields, are definitely most entertaining. I can't care less about world cup or college sports.

Speaking of money, it is trivial comparing to useless military spending.

National security is not "useless military spending". A bomb built and never dropped has the same effect as one exploded in a war zone.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:42 AM

2,015 posts, read 1,647,276 times
there are just too many events. archery,horse jumping, fencing, why not hotdog eating or lawn mower racing??? I think people watch it just to see their country win, I dont think the vast majority of viewers care about the sport.and i dont blame the.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:13 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
there are just too many events. archery,horse jumping, fencing, why not hotdog eating or lawn mower racing??? I think people watch it just to see their country win, I dont think the vast majority of viewers care about the sport.and i dont blame the.
Skateboarding, surfing, and "sport climbing" are up for Tokyo in 2020. What a thrill.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:28 AM

6,693 posts, read 5,923,002 times
The Olympic Games are popular because it's a great event. The world sets aside politics, money, and racial/ethnic divisions for a few days and celebrates high achievement.

Why are we even discussing this? Because some see no value in any of this and wish only to tear it down. A pointless discussion.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:10 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
The Olympic Games are popular because it's a great event. The world sets aside politics, money, and racial/ethnic divisions for a few days and celebrates high achievement.

Why are we even discussing this? Because some see no value in any of this and wish only to tear it down. A pointless discussion.
not sure if politics and race are set aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports