Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 06:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times

Advertisements

I've been addicted since watching Abebe Bikila win the marathon barefooted in Rome in 1960.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2016, 06:19 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Yes, I LOVE the World Cup but I couldn't care less about the Olympics. And I can't stand it when people think that the USA winning a lot of medals means that it's "the best" country. Uh, no, it just means that it's got a lot more athletes participating in many different sports than other smaller countries.
As far as world events go, I think the World Cup is better in every way compared to the Olympics. Sure it has its share of controversy (Qutar, Russian, FIFA, etc) like the Olympics, but still a better world event in my opinion. The Olympics is just to much. It's on about 8 different channels, 30 something events, 200m this, 800m that. It's a monstrousity! Impossible to keep up with.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:57 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
As far as world events go, I think the World Cup is better in every way compared to the Olympics. Sure it has its share of controversy (Qutar, Russian, FIFA, etc) like the Olympics, but still a better world event in my opinion. The Olympics is just to much. It's on about 8 different channels, 30 something events, 200m this, 800m that. It's a monstrousity! Impossible to keep up with.
Olympics watching is hard!

Old 08-13-2016, 08:01 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Why do you have to keep up with it? Can't you just watch the events that you're interested in? Isn't it advantageous there are numerous events being broadcast on different channels?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:06 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,614,075 times
Quote:
No need to watch every single event. Pick out a few and enjoy those. Get some rest. Life's too short!

Old 08-13-2016, 08:11 AM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
No need to watch every single event. Pick out a few and enjoy those. Get some rest. Life's too short!
Okay?

Old 08-13-2016, 01:58 PM

538 posts, read 732,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
There are just so many pointless competitions that really.. Who gives a flying jelly bean crap about..

Ohhh... The uneven bars, Water sports. .. Yayyy!!!

Make it football, basketball, baseball, soccer.. And leave it at that. I can't believe you can even make money in some of that useless nonsense.
You just succeeded in making it even MORE boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports