Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:22 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,743,780 times

Advertisements

Most of them are good..

Loved the one most recently on Marty Schottenheimer..."Marty Ball".....

How the hell do you fire a coach after he goes 14-2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 09:33 AM

93,679 posts, read 124,432,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
I'd love to see one on Jerry Tarkanian and his Runnin Rebel teams.
HBO did a documentary on him and those teams. It was pretty good. You can find snippets here: jerry tarkanian unlv documentary hbo - YouTube

As for the 30 for 30 series, there aren't many that I didn't like, if at all.

Old 12-30-2013, 12:12 PM

9,826 posts, read 11,577,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Huge Buckeye fan here! At the time of incident, I was devastated, because I had been waiting all of my life for a NC then this happened and he was suspended.

Watching the episode. For the car incident, was MC totally forthright in the 30/30 series. I ask because I think Tressel knew he lost control of the kid. I wonder if he was truly a stay a home football player. Plus, we all know that Tressel was shady...by the way, I am fine with that because countless other coaches are doing the same thing {pick a coach}. Tressel is only a football coach.

There are still many questions and I could point the finger at many people. Personally, I blame MC, he was a man acting like a child. MC had a full ride to "The Ohio State" and side benefits if he would have learned to keep quiet...yes, College Football is corrupt. Countless athletes learned the system so why did MC lose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
How did Tressel let him down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida-Dude View Post
As an Ohio born and raised member here no way did Tressel let Clarett down. If anything Clarett let himself, his teammates and their coaching staff down.

He was a 5 year old in a 20 year old body. Living close to Columbus he was known as a cry baby and one who was a trouble maker.

So once he got canned off the team was it Tressels fault he continued to be a scam artist and blew what could have been a decent career in the NFL?

Sometimes you have to stop blaming others for your mistakes and Clarett never grew up even at 30 when he got himself into more issues.
You ohio State guys are tough LOL!
Tressel should of went to this kid,before the Ncaa got a hold of him and set him straight.
But I wll admit MC going to jim Brown did help the situation either.

Old 12-30-2013, 07:39 PM

6,407 posts, read 9,002,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Most of them are good..

Loved the one most recently on Marty Schottenheimer..."Marty Ball".....

How the hell do you fire a coach after he goes 14-2?
I believe you're referring to A Football Life from NFL Network.

'A Football Life: Marty Schottenheimer'- One play at a time - NFL Videos

Old 01-15-2014, 04:27 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,682,267 times
Favorite 30-for-30s......

1. Broke
2. The U
3. Elway to Marino
4. Pony Excess
5. Fab Five
6. Benji (a real tear-jerker!)
7. Without Bias
8. Going Big
9. 9.79
10. Tie: Survive and Advance and You Don't Know Bo

Can't wait for that Nancy/Tanya joint!

Old 01-15-2014, 10:50 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,452,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Absolutely loved The U! I have watched several times and own it.

The U Documentary |FSU & ND Rivalry Segment| - YouTube

Yeah, I really enjoyed that documentary too.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 PM

1,896 posts, read 1,452,227 times
Some of my favorite 30 for 30s:

1. Broke
2. The U
3. Benji (real unsung HS B-Ball player as a previous poster said real tear-jerker)
4. The Announcement (there's some real good insight from Magic Johnson about coping with having HIV)
5. Straight Outta L.A. (Directed by Ice Cube, that gives insight on how sports and hip-hop became intertwined)
6. Without Bias (The Story of Len Bias)
7. Four Days in October (the story of the Red Sox coming back from the 3-0 deficit in the ALCS to beat the Yankees)
8. Winning Time (real good insight into the Pacers-Knicks rivalry)
9. 26 Years (the story of Dewey Bozella, the boxer who spent 26 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit and once he was released he got a chance to fight the Undercard in a Pro Boxing Match and won it)
10. The Real Rocky (great insight into Chuck Wepner, who's fight with Ali inspired the "Rocky" series, and his short rise and hard fall)
11. King's Ransom (about the Gretzky trade from the Edmonton Oilers to the L.A. Kings)
12. Guru of Go (about head coach Paul Westhead, won the 1980 NBA Championship with the Lakers)
13. June 17, 1994 (about the OJ chase)
14. Catching Hell (about Steve Bartman being harassed, scrutinized and threatened for catching the foul ball during the 2003 NLCS: Cubs vs. Marlins)

Old 01-16-2014, 11:41 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,682,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Absolutely loved The U! I have watched several times and own it.

The U Documentary |FSU & ND Rivalry Segment| - YouTube
Oh, my goodness......

I didn't realize, until now, that the background music is a Luke-produced Tomahawk Chop track!

That, along with "Deion Sanders's Gheri Curl juice......." and "Miami wannabes......!" (LOL!)

Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM

6,594 posts, read 11,312,892 times
Anyone catch the The Soccer stories spin off about Hillsborough? I didn't even know about this until I saw the program. What an awful series of events. I think I felt every emotion as I was watched this.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 PM

579 posts, read 763,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Anyone catch the The Soccer stories spin off about Hillsborough? I didn't even know about this until I saw the program. What an awful series of events. I think I felt every emotion as I was watched this.
I always wondered about the 'Cover Up' and lack of justice I heard mentioned and this explained it. To have 96 deaths in a Non-Violent sporting event is shocking. To find out the coroner was instructed to check the blood alcohol level of all the dead victims is dumbfounding. Total lack of authoritative control and these instances still occur today.

The Liverpool community is one of a kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports