Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 10:55 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,281,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'd agree, HAD he come forth when the charges were originally leveled against him. Had he then admitted to using the drugs and apologized, I'd give him a "pass." However, when you stand up and deny, deny, deny, deny then get everything stripped from you, then come clean? Nope. He isn't being treated harshly enough.

He had to look up what the word "cheat" meant ... that says everything about this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,546,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
I believe Lance Armstrong is no different from thousands of other athletes over decades. If you were to test your favorite athlete and his/her favorite athlete-that person(s) dabble with some type of illegal practice.
this is not the issue. It's insane to me people keep saying this

Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM

5,543 posts, read 8,877,727 times
The weired thing to me about the Oprah interview was Lance's demeanor. His affect in the flashbacks when he was denying all the doping charge was the SAME as his affect in the interview whith her. He came across the same whether he was lying like cheap linoleum or whether he was 'fessin up. That was very unsettling to me -- much more so than what he actually said. That affect looked damn near sociopathic.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 AM

9,418 posts, read 20,998,079 times
When I saw the title of this thread, I felt compelled to post the following:

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil -HQ - YouTube

Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM

880 posts, read 2,034,268 times
I wonder how much Oprah paid Lance for the interview?

Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,323,727 times
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
The weired thing to me about the Oprah interview was Lance's demeanor. His affect in the flashbacks when he was denying all the doping charge was the SAME as his affect in the interview whith her. He came across the same whether he was lying like cheap linoleum or whether he was 'fessin up. That was very unsettling to me -- much more so than what he actually said. That affect looked damn near sociopathic.
Be very careful around those cold demeaner types.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:11 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,711,635 times
Lance is no different than any other athlete, celebrity or person. He had the most to lose from admitting to doping, so of course he held out the longest. If you took out every athlete, politician or celebrity who lied there'd be nobody left. They all lie and we are their cheerleaders until the media decides otherwise. I remember when Floyd Landis was fighting the charges. Everybody supported him, pretty much knowing that he was lying. When he finally admitted to it, then everyone turned against him. We turn against these guys when they finally come clean, but support them when they are living the lie. Lance is no isolated liar. We all support a culture where lying is rewarded and telling the truth is not. So now that Lance is telling the truth we have people disparaging him, but not when he is lying. That supports a culture of lying.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,808,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
this is not the issue. It's insane to me people keep saying this
It must be apart of the issue!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,808,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Lance is no different than any other athlete, celebrity or person. He had the most to lose from admitting to doping, so of course he held out the longest. If you took out every athlete, politician or celebrity who lied there'd be nobody left. They all lie and we are their cheerleaders until the media decides otherwise. I remember when Floyd Landis was fighting the charges. Everybody supported him, pretty much knowing that he was lying. When he finally admitted to it, then everyone turned against him. We turn against these guys when they finally come clean, but support them when they are living the lie. Lance is no isolated liar. We all support a culture where lying is rewarded and telling the truth is not. So now that Lance is telling the truth we have people disparaging him, but not when he is lying. That supports a culture of lying.
Very well formulated and nothing short of the truth! I'm fairly sure someone here will cry foul. Wait for it......

Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 PM

5,234 posts, read 8,039,674 times
They always say they are sorry after they get caught. What they are sorry about is being caught. He gets no sympathy from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports