Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 06:58 AM

10,180 posts, read 20,808,625 times

Advertisements

Too bad baseball doesn't feel the same way...otherwise the arrogant piece of garbage who goes by the name of Barry Bonds would have all of his records stripped.

I think Armstrong did more good than bad for cycling, just like Tiger did more good than bad for golf. Both juicers and liars, but you have to weigh the good to the bad. Who among us has never told a lie? I'm not giving him a pass, but I don't think it's right to single him out from an entire sport that is juicing. I guess if you come in second place, or tenth place it doesn't matter if you used PED's, only if you win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,567,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Now that every one is happy about throwing Lance Armstrong under the bus maybe we can look for more American hero's to trash, how about that Michael Phelps? 22 Olympic medals? yeah right.doped all the way i say.
And how about that Tiger Woods? ya dont get muscle development like his by just playing golf, another candidate for being on the juice.
Actually looking up American sport heros on Google doesnt come up with much.

This it? American Athletic Heroes Page 1 | USA Hero
Phelps was arrested TWICE for DRUNK DRIVING. NBC doesn't like that dirty truth exposed.

and your sarcasm re: Tiger Woods is actually on the mark.

Dr. Anthony Galea Charged With Unlawfully Treating Pro Football Players With Unapproved Drugs And Human Growth Hormone

why would a half-billionaire meet a CDN doctor who's not even allowed to work in the US when he has unlimited access to the best doctors, hospitals, clinics, and technology in the world?

did you honestly not see the change in his physique after the long layoff?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:38 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,394,632 times
Did anyone watch The World According to Lance on CNN last night? The show covered a lot of detail and presented it well.

It originally aired on the Four Corners TV series in Australia. They posted the entire show online:
The World According to Lance - Four Corners

They also posted an in-depth article on the "key players," including a videotaped deposition of Armstrong in the SCA case (He firmly states under oath that he never used performance enhancing drugs):
The World According to Lance - key players

Old 11-01-2012, 07:45 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,873,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Now that every one is happy about throwing Lance Armstrong under the bus maybe we can look for more American hero's to trash, how about that Michael Phelps? 22 Olympic medals? yeah right.doped all the way i say.
And how about that Tiger Woods? ya dont get muscle development like his by just playing golf, another candidate for being on the juice.
Actually looking up American sport heros on Google doesnt come up with much.

This it? American Athletic Heroes Page 1 | USA Hero
Phelps's performance is believable because his dominance is illusory. He is the very best intermediate sprinter in the fly of his era and a very good intermediate sprinter in the free. That combination and the fact he is an American which has great depth to always medal in relays (9 of his medals are relays) leads to a bunch of medals because there are a ton of events for that skill set.

Compare if you are a great middle distance backstoker and fly. There are no events beyond the 200 M and no relays. You could be the greatest middle distance backstoker and fly swimmer of all time and not even make the U.S. Olympic team because of the depth at 100M and 200M intermediate sprints in those strokes.

Last edited by slim04; 11-01-2012 at 08:15 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 07:58 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,620,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
He's an arrogant cheater and a liar ... not much more to say.
I have mixed feelings here. First, the charges are far from being proven, even though everyone, including the racing authorities, are acting as though they're firmly established facts. Second, I question the whole "performance enhancing substance" obsession.

Water is a performance enhancing substance. If you don't believe me, ban it's use and see what happens.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 AM

259 posts, read 366,616 times
It's a man riding a bike!!!!!!!! We are focused on a man riding a Bicycle! Are you kidding me!!!
Let me try to wrap this around my cottonpickin ignorant brotha of anotha's mind. We are
addressing an issue about a man riding a bike ...are ya nuts!!!?????

Old 11-01-2012, 08:25 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,873,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Too bad baseball doesn't feel the same way...otherwise the arrogant piece of garbage who goes by the name of Barry Bonds would have all of his records stripped.

I think Armstrong did more good than bad for cycling, just like Tiger did more good than bad for golf. Both juicers and liars, but you have to weigh the good to the bad. Who among us has never told a lie? I'm not giving him a pass, but I don't think it's right to single him out from an entire sport that is juicing. I guess if you come in second place, or tenth place it doesn't matter if you used PED's, only if you win.
One of the sad things about Lance was in 1998 the Festina scandal hit and a lot of riders got caught in an institutional doping ring. There were riders like those that confessed in the USADA report that wanted to get rid of doping and pointed fingers at the shady doctors that had taken over the doping.

Lance, instead, did what Festina did but better and smarter. Better dope, better doping doctors, better test avoidance schemes. But he also went out of his way to drive the riders that wanted the expose the shady system out of racing and destroyed the racers that gave out warnings the system was still rotten.

So instead of doping regime crumbling in 1999, it got stronger under the leadership of Lance, and it basically still exists. He is a huge reason why doping was so common in his era. Other teams would hire U.S. Post Office riders because they knew Lance was at the cutting edge of doping and they wanted insights on how he was doing it.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
It's a man riding a bike!!!!!!!! We are focused on a man riding a Bicycle! Are you kidding me!!!
Let me try to wrap this around my cottonpickin ignorant brotha of anotha's mind. We are
addressing an issue about a man riding a bike ...are ya nuts!!!?????
Yeah weird stuff. I watched a big TV show last month where these men in tight pajama pants threw a little white ball around and hit it with a big stick.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,567,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Yeah weird stuff. I watched a big TV show last month where these men in tight pajama pants threw a little white ball around and hit it with a big stick.

Cricket?

Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Cricket?
I don't think so. The man announcing kept calling them giant tigers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports