Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2013, 10:34 PM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
rave: I know most people don't enjoy it but I love cloudy, mild, humid mornings with high dewpoints. Had a great 40 mile bike ride this morning. Paradise. 75 degree air temperature, 70 degree dewpoint... my kind of morning.
Agreed. As long as temperatures are mild I don't mind higher dewpoints. I have experienced air temperatures over 105F with dewpoints above 75F when I lived further south. Real heat index values over 115F! Never again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 11:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Agreed. As long as temperatures are mild I don't mind higher dewpoints. I have experienced air temperatures over 105F with dewpoints above 75F when I lived further south. Real heat index values over 115F! Never again...
I don't miss humidity. I went for a walk tonight and it felt disgustingly sticky. I looked at my phone and the humidity was only 50%.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM

26,435 posts, read 46,684,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
I don't miss humidity. I went for a walk tonight and it felt disgustingly sticky. I looked at my phone and the humidity was only 50%.
I know humidity as I lived in the Kansas City and Louisville regions in the past. Both those locations can get just as humid as being right on the Gulf Coast during parts of the Summer. Worst of all, very little wind to mix out the humid trapped right at the surface! Horrid

Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,111,858 times
Let's see, would that be a Rant, or a Rave?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:02 PM

Rave: Added a new line in the Weather Sticky, first post.

Rave: After spending several hours overhauling it.

Rave: Now you can get the forecast for your favorite fishing hole.

Recreational Weather Forecast (Find the weather forecast for your favorite fishing hole)
National Weather Service - Western Region Headquarters

Rant: It's new, they are building it now. They started with Montana. They'll get here though.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 AM

Rave: Want to set up a pump, for portable irrigation, started the project today.

Rant: Went to store #1 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

This is a standard fitting folks.

Rant: Went to store #2 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Do they not know this is a standard fitting?

Rant: Went to store #3 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Hello????

Rant: Went to store #4 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Doesn't anybody put in sprinkler systems in this town?

Rant: Went to store #5 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Have they ever put in any sprinkler systems in this town?

Rant: Went to store #6 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Ok, I'm going to go get my gun.

Rant: Went to store #7 and asked the guy, "Do you have any 'We don't carry those anymores?'" He looked at me and said, "What? I said, "Do you have any 'We don't carry those anymores?" Then I explained that I was looking for a fitting and was told, everywhere I went that "We don't carry those anymore", so I thought maybe that was the name of them." He laughed and said, "Maybe that's why we have been selling the hell out of them." Took me over and they had "one" left.

Rave: Only need about 40 more parts. I sure hope things get better.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:57 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
Rant: 3 attempts to get the right belt for a mower.

Rant: I fear it may be 4.

Rave: thunder storm and rain last night and at 3 AM.

Rant: left windows down in expedition last night.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,860,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Rave: Want to set up a pump, for portable irrigation, started the project today.

Rant: Went to store #1 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

This is a standard fitting folks.

Rant: Went to store #2 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Do they not know this is a standard fitting?

Rant: Went to store #3 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Hello????

Rant: Went to store #4 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Doesn't anybody put in sprinkler systems in this town?

Rant: Went to store #5 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Have they ever put in any sprinkler systems in this town?

Rant: Went to store #6 and asked for fitting that was 1 inch pipe threads on one end, barbed slip on 3/4 id on the other end. Guy said, "We don't carry those anymore."

Ok, I'm going to go get my gun.

Rant: Went to store #7 and asked the guy, "Do you have any 'We don't carry those anymores?'" He looked at me and said, "What? I said, "Do you have any 'We don't carry those anymores?" Then I explained that I was looking for a fitting and was told, everywhere I went that "We don't carry those anymore", so I thought maybe that was the name of them." He laughed and said, "Maybe that's why we have been selling the hell out of them." Took me over and they had "one" left.

Rave: Only need about 40 more parts. I sure hope things get better.
I didn't know there were 6 hardware stores in the whole state of Wyoming.

uh

Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
Rave: new to me trailer.
Rant: needed tires.
Rave: had some from my old pickup.
Rant: loading John Deere mower with crappy brakes
Rave: the work I'm doing in the cemetery is turning out great.
Rant: dropped the biggest headstone onto to my foot
Rave: didn't hurt right away
Rant: starting to ache and swell up.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM

412 posts, read 959,293 times
Rant: Hail. Large hail. On the day that I decided NOT to park the car in the garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota