Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times

Advertisements

Tool rental: you go to a store for a screwdriver, hammer, single wrench...and then bring it back the next day for your full refund. Seen it happen a few times.

Oh, here's a good one. You have a "buy one, get one" sale....so the person gets their two items, goes home, eats the "free" one, and returns to the store to get money back for the other one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 PM

10,177 posts, read 20,800,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

I'd like to hear more about that one.
The guy came in and purchased a $5 item. From there, he walked around the store and everything he picked up he called out to me..."this free yes", to which I continually replied no. He did this about 6 times, until finally he picked up some $1 item and asked once again, so I said go ahead and take it. I just wanted to get him out of the store at that point.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,364,773 times
Nmytree: that is a horrible story. I hope that cheap owner got slammed with fines. That is gonna be a huge settlement. I know of a case where someone was burned with acid also because of workplace stupidity. I have seen what it does, truly horrible.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 AM

13,584 posts, read 15,686,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The guy came in and purchased a $5 item. From there, he walked around the store and everything he picked up he called out to me..."this free yes", to which I continually replied no. He did this about 6 times, until finally he picked up some $1 item and asked once again, so I said go ahead and take it. I just wanted to get him out of the store at that point.
Oh. BTW, was he a gypsy?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:50 AM

302 posts, read 922,761 times
- one customer flipped out and started berating me, calling me an "incompetent child" (I was 19 at the time). All because I told her an item was not discounted. And really, if you find one wallet in a display full of umbrellas, and the sign says umbrellas, common sense should have told you that the wallet did not belong there.

- I also worked in fragrances. This lady decided not to test out perfumes on herself, but on me! She kept spraying perfumes in my direction. I had to leave work early due to my skin turning bright red and itching/burning.

- When I worked at this place, which was about 2003, the big trend were these brightly colored jelly purses. This customer apparently loved them and wanted all of her friends to love them too because she and her husband brought up our ENTIRE stock of jelly purses for me to ring up. And they weren't all the same price, so painfully, I had to ring them one, after another...after another.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:40 AM

Here's something that is inconsiderate, potentially dangerous, and just plain stupid. People that buy spray paint feel the need to "see what color it is". The color of the item you sprayed (usually the shelf itself, which also may obliterate the price tag so that other customers cannot read the price, or the person who orders new stock cannot do so by scanning the price label) is the color of the cap. It is potentially dangerous because you really shouldn't be breathing that stuff in. "How much area will this can cover?" Well...it varies. With a fresh new can, it varies somewhat from user to user. But it also depends on how many times someone has needed to spray "just a little bit" of the product to "see what color it is".

Old 05-09-2009, 08:22 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,155,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Nmytree: that is a horrible story. I hope that cheap owner got slammed with fines. That is gonna be a huge settlement. I know of a case where someone was burned with acid also because of workplace stupidity. I have seen what it does, truly horrible.
Yes it was a horrible incident. A completely avoidable horrible incident, if safety precautions were taken.

Like I said in my post, that occured right around 1990...1991. So if there was any kind of settlement, it was settled a long time ago.

Acid burns of one kind or another were always a common occurance.

I had guys coming in with their hands so awfully burned, infected and disformed from working with acids and other harsh chemicals......all the time.

There were times when I wanted to vomit from seeing these guy's hands.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,155,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
OSHA's another pet peeve, actually. I don't care how safely I work, as long as the job gets done.

Well duh, of course you hate OSHA.

It's so funny how you just keep illustrating and proving everything I have been saying about you.

A very limited, narrow, self-absorbed view of life and the world around you.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:56 AM

I don't like "regulations" or "rules" either. Do you feel a need for someone outside yourself to tell you every little thing you can and cannot do? Or are you more of an independent thinker?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Well duh, of course you hate OSHA.

It's so funny how you just keep illustrating and proving everything I have been saying about you.

A very limited, narrow, self-absorbed view of life and the world around you.

If you don't look out for yourself, don't be surprised when no one else does either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products