Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,881,762 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 AM

198 posts, read 275,272 times
Default Living Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
My diabetic doctor said it's a bad idea to live alone and need to spend rest of my life with someone. The women in mind is very controlling and I just might wished I stayed single.
That's a tough one. My mother is a control freak. I am her caregiver. Believe me, it is not easy living with a control freak.

Your doctor might want you to live with another individual, but believe me, living with a control freak is not easy on your blood pressure.

I wish guys only realized how they did not have to "settle" for someone less than their ideal. There are so many women out there who would love to be attached to someone. From what I read on these boards, guys seem to think that they are not attractive enough or too old, etc. to find a woman. Not so! The attractive argument flies out the window as soon as a guy opens his mouth. Just show that you are a gentleman, treat a female with courtesy, be kind, don't cuss, be responsible, dependable, show patience (not anger), and have good hygiene. Women will fall at your feet. As an example...watch the movie "Love Comes Softly" with Dale Midkiff. To look at, he is far from my dream man, but his behavior in the movie would have any woman falling at his feet. We discussed him on another bulletin board...almost all of the women agreed.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:45 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,229,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteagirl View Post
That's a tough one. My mother is a control freak. I am her caregiver. Believe me, it is not easy living with a control freak.

Your doctor might want you to live with another individual, but believe me, living with a control freak is not easy on your blood pressure.

I wish guys only realized how they did not have to "settle" for someone less than their ideal. There are so many women out there who would love to be attached to someone. From what I read on these boards, guys seem to think that they are not attractive enough or too old, etc. to find a woman. Not so! The attractive argument flies out the window as soon as a guy opens his mouth. Just show that you are a gentleman, treat a female with courtesy, be kind, don't cuss, be responsible, dependable, show patience (not anger), and have good hygiene. Women will fall at your feet. As an example...watch the movie "Love Comes Softly" with Dale Midkiff. To look at, he is far from my dream man, but his behavior in the movie would have any woman falling at his feet. We discussed him on another bulletin board...almost all of the women agreed.
All this is assuming we really want a woman in our life to begin with? I'm fine without one, less drama.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM

26,418 posts, read 19,292,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteagirl View Post
Just show that you are a gentleman, treat a female with courtesy, be kind, don't cuss, be responsible, dependable, show patience (not anger), and have good hygiene. Women will fall at your feet.
I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Not to get into a "relationships" discussion on the wrong forum, but this has not been my experience over the years. What generally happens with this behavior is that this sort of male winds up being either completely invisible, or if noticed at all, a doormat. Of course, the same applies with the genders reversed as well. Equal opportunity for invisibility or doormat-ism...

Old 03-25-2014, 06:36 PM

195 posts, read 282,736 times
I long ago gave up on US women. They just aint worth the hassle. I got a young Filipina nurse, who is paying me very well for the opportunity to be here, and I do not expect to keep her much past the 5 years that it will take her to get US citizenhip. But there are many millions more where she came from, and thousands of them are certified, trained, employed nurses, too.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quoss View Post
I long ago gave up on US women. They just aint worth the hassle. I got a young Filipina nurse, who is paying me very well for the opportunity to be here, and I do not expect to keep her much past the 5 years that it will take her to get US citizenhip. But there are many millions more where she came from, and thousands of them are certified, trained, employed nurses, too.
WHY filipina women? Because of where they came from, or because they're not wise to your game?

Old 04-12-2014, 06:38 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,830,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
How about you?
No. The idea is extremely unappealing to me. After all, what if I am choking, have a heart attack, have a stroke, et cetera and need some urgent immediate assistance?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,473,865 times
I've lived alone for the last 6 years and I love it. It's the ultimate freedom. I can do what I want when I want without input from others. I can leave my apartment messy, walk around in my underwear, and make sweet love to a bucket of buffalo wings and get sauce all over my face. I love to pace, so it's nice to be able to get up and move around without having to consider somebody else. I thrive on my alone time, never get lonely, and I'm not concerned about emergency situations. I'm ready to go anytime. While I'm poor and it would be nice to have someone to split the rent with, I'll gladly pay more for the privilege of living alone and will cut back in other areas of my life to do so. I never want roommates again.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac77 View Post
I've lived alone for the last 6 years and I love it. It's the ultimate freedom. I can do what I want when I want without input from others. I can leave my apartment messy, walk around in my underwear, and make sweet love to a bucket of buffalo wings and get sauce all over my face. I love to pace, so it's nice to be able to get up and move around without having to consider somebody else. I thrive on my alone time, never get lonely, and I'm not concerned about emergency situations. I'm ready to go anytime. While I'm poor and it would be nice to have someone to split the rent with, I'll gladly pay more for the privilege of living alone and will cut back in other areas of my life to do so. I never want roommates again.
I 100% agree. ^ Other people underfoot and in your business is just not worth the headaches. True freedom comes from being comfortable with yourself and loving solitude.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
No. The idea is extremely unappealing to me. After all, what if I am choking, have a heart attack, have a stroke, et cetera and need some urgent immediate assistance?
Then call 911.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness