Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 09:59 PM

655 posts, read 696,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
(I guess this is the best section to put this thread.)

For 4 mos now, I'm living alone for the 1st time in my life, but I'm not in my 20s anymore. I'm an only child, so I've had a pretty solitary life anyway, so I'm used to the solitude. I really LOVE the freedom of living alone! I'm so glad I'm getting this chance rather than going from living with parent to getting married & living with a spouse.

I live in a nice apt with my little dog. It's not the biggest place, but the apt/complex is very nice & quiet. I couldn't have picked a better apt to live.

I have a couple of pals/aquaintances, none I'd call close friends, but I don't get lonely. I have enough to keep me busy.

How about you?
Well, I'm in my late 20's and I live alone with my dog in a apartment. I been living alone for at least 4yrs now. I don't mind living alone even though it would be nice to have my friends come over. However, they don't bother to visit me. Anyways, this is my 1st time living alone and I'm pretty well enjoying it. I go to work during the week and I visit with my family on the weekends. Thats about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 10:13 PM

6,374 posts, read 7,873,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
For 4 mos now, I'm living alone for the 1st time in my life...

How about you?
For me personally, there are pluses and minuses. I am fortunate in that my parents raised their children to be fairly independent. I do well enough on my own and cherish the freedom that comes with not having to be accountable to anyone else. However, there is little as deeply satisfying and comforting as falling asleep in the arms of someone you care about and who cares about you. It's a double-edged sword.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 AM

259 posts, read 260,583 times
I'm independent and used to live alone. Hope I won't do that my whole life though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness