Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM

321 posts, read 1,135,567 times

Advertisements

We are moving from SW Washington to Seattle. I'm going to miss Burgerville. But now I'm hearing about a place called Red Mill. What's the deal? Is it a burger joint? And is it better? And is there more than one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 06:54 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,040 times
I think there are 2 or 3 Red Mill locations. I've been to 2. They are a burger joint. I wasn't super thrilled with them, but my husband really likes them. They have really good bacon. I don't like to eat there though because they use peanut oil for everything, and we have a little one that has the potential of having nut allergies, so we can't take her there. Unfortunately I don't know Burgerville so I can't make a comparison.

My husband and I have tried Dick's, which is sort of like a high quality McDonald's (in our opinion). It's good for the price, but it's not like the best burger we've ever eaten. We also went and tried Kidd Valley, and it was honestly one of the worst meals we've ever eaten. The burgers were gross, the onion rings were bland and slimy, the fries were cold and greasy. Lots of people on this message board like both of those places, though.

We're fans of The Counter and Lunchbox Laboratory. Here's a good link for pictures of Lunchbox Laboratory's burgers: Lunchbox Laboratory - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/suomynona/sets/72157612880184094/ - broken link)

V. =)

Old 05-18-2010, 07:33 PM

161 posts, read 560,077 times
I agree with Veronika. Red Mill is nothing special. I'm not sure what the hype is about. Was it b/c they were on the food network? In any case, I maintain that the best burger in Seattle is at The Pub in Piper's Creek. There, I said it, I yelped about it etc. I will have to find the place Veronika has spoken about though...sounds good

Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
I lived near Red Mill and that place is always swamped - it's been on Food Network - and I never thought it was that amazing either - I mean it's OKAY. But not great. I thought the buns were super dry.

Honestly my fav burgers in PNW were Kidd Valley. I thought Dick's sucked too. But that's me.

Did Smashburger go up to Seattle yet? I think that is pretty darn good. Plus I really like The Counter too.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Lunchbox Laboratory is an amazing place. Bu it's not a burger "joint". It's owned by a hotshot chef. It's not cheap. It's upscale. And worth it.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,534,987 times
I like Red Mill okay but prefer the Burgermaster Drive In off of 520! Yum! And cheap!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastrigirl View Post
I like Red Mill okay but prefer the Burgermaster Drive In off of 520! Yum! And cheap!
Bill Gates is a fan of that Burgermaster. A story from 15 years ago was that he went to that Burgermaster, ordered his meal, and realized he didn't bring any money with him. The clerk refused to believe his claim that he was Bill Gates, and called the manager over. The manager assured the clerk that the man claiming to be Gates was indeed Gates, and that he'd come back with the money.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:59 AM

506 posts, read 2,574,540 times
Love Red Mill. Lining up is worth it. I prefer the burger without bacon b/c I think the bacon takes a lot of the attention away from the burger. I also ate at Lunchbox Laboratory and the next time I will tell them to put no bacon or just a little bacon b/c they pile it on high! IMO the onion rings at Red Mill are some of the best I've had anywhere.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:08 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
OHHH and THE BEST onion rings I have had in my life were at O Malley'son 45th in Wallingford...seriously, pub food done extremely right

Old 05-19-2010, 09:46 AM

321 posts, read 1,135,567 times
Y'all are really not helping me out here, LOL. Just kidding. I guess I will have to try it for myself. Several friends have raved to me about Red Mill. Personally, I love Burgerville (the Tillamook Cheeseburger, the Bacon Cheeseburger, the Chicken burger thing they have, and the new Turkey Spinach burger). I also like the burgers from McMenamins, but ... there are no McMenamins in Seattle. =(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area