Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 06:45 AM

25 posts, read 108,019 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone.

We are moving from Naperville IL to Seattle and were looking for a community that resembles what the area we now live in. We live in Naperville which is a Chicago suburb and like many other suburbs here has a small town feel with it's own downtown area and good schools. I read in a thread that Mill Creek is one area in Seattle that has a developing downtown district and is also blessed with good schools. Can anyone tell if this is in fact the case and what some other area's are that have these same attributes ?

I appreciate your input.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,067,892 times
Mill Creek is about 25 miles north of Seattle and doesn't really have a "downtown". It's basically a planned subdivision community that's amongst strip centers. What you may be talking about is the "Town Center" - which is shopping, restaurants, offices, services and living space. It's still basically like an outdoor, walkable, shopping mall or strip center, made to look upscale... but there is no "downtown".

If you are looking for suburban areas with a "main street" you may want to check out Bothell, Woodinville, Redmond, Issaquah...

Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 PM

479 posts, read 2,225,032 times
Mill Creek is a nice area on the north end.

I agree with Jenbar's post. I like Issaquah, Snoqualmie Ridge and Bainbridge Island; I think they are worth looking at, both have a cute downtown area.
Snoqualmie Ridge - Shopping and Services
City of Issaquah - HOME
Welcome to the Official Website of the City of Bainbridge Island - City of Bainbridge Island

Last edited by Prple; 05-23-2008 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: Added Bainbridge Island

Old 05-24-2008, 12:32 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,138,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
If you are looking for suburban areas with a "main street" you may want to check out Bothell, Woodinville, Redmond, Issaquah...
and Edmonds

Old 05-24-2008, 09:57 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,067,892 times
Yes, Edmonds really has a very cute downtown... however, since schools are a concern for the OP, and we have had experience with the Edmonds school district, I can't recommend that area.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 PM

506 posts, read 2,575,599 times
I lived in downtown Chicago for 9 years and have been to Naperville. Mill Creek is getting nice but is still small. You can also check out Issaquah but I think Bellevue reminds me of Naperville TBH.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:20 AM

1,930 posts, read 6,538,378 times
Issaquah is a really cute town and the school system is excellent! And the hiking is amazing right out your door with Lake Samm. right there too. 30 minutes to the Pass to ski. If you don't mind a long commute into Seattle, it's a good place. Also check out Issaquah Highlands...lots happening there. Personally, I love Kirkland the most but alas cannot afford it. Seattle Magazine just did an article on Mill Creek so check it out this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area