Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:56 PM

11 posts, read 75,237 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever lived in Mill Creek or know anything about the area?

We are looking for an active, family friendly area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 09:31 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,644,045 times
We currently live here and love it. We are leaving in a few days to head back to the East Coast (military family) but have loved the area. I would certainly say the area fits what you are looking for. The are several very active community center type areas within a few miles of one another. We don't have any young children so we didn't get involved in the sports leagues and such but they are very supported here.
I can think of nothing negative to say about the area.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 PM

292 posts, read 1,450,088 times
I grew up in the area and I love Mill Creek. It used to be more of a commuter-suburb, but with the new Town Center, you can fill most of your needs in the city.

There does seem to be an emphasis on materialism among some of the school kids, but overall, it is a nice area.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:47 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,081,156 times
If you live IN Mill Creek - and not the surrounding neighborhoods (Bothell-Mill Creek) it's pretty nice.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:51 PM

https://www.city-data.com/forum/seatt...ght=Mill+Creek

Here was a recent post of mine about Mill Creek, Bothell area - but there are several that fit the information you are looking for. Go to "search this forum" (at the top right corner - not search, you want "search this forum") and type in Mill Creek and many posts will come up.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM

67 posts, read 339,877 times
Default Mill Creek, Good Area?

Jenbar or Mill Creek residents:
We are moving back to Seattle. ( Was born and raised in Seattle, but I now live in San Diego ). I've been away for years, although I often visit because most of my family is in Seattle. For the most part, we had made up our minds to move to the Kirkland area, but on our last visit, we drove to Mill Creek. I've just seen a beautiful home for sale in Mill Creek, it's located on 137th Street SE. I googled the area, and from what I can tell there is a school behind the cul de sac where the house is located. ( Not sure that I want to live by a school). Does anyone know this area, and is this actually Mill Creek and not Bothell? The zip code is 98012. Also, does anyone feel that there is a big difference between Mill Creek and Kirkland? Thank you for any information that you can give me.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:02 PM

That's Bothell, unincorporated Snohomish County, I think. NOT Mill Creek. Mill Creek is all NE, Bothell is SE. Our old house was on 3rd Dr SE - off of 164th, and 3rd. Our zip was 98012.

Is the school Martha Lake? Elem or High School? What else is around there... landmarks? I can tell you about the neighborhood..

Old 02-28-2007, 08:15 PM

I just googled the street address and zip code, and found that apparently the current home owner made campaign contributions to Mark Sidran, lol.

(page 8 - http://www.pdc.wa.gov/rptimg/default...ype=C3+AMENDED)

Anyway, it's listed as Bothell - so technically, it's Bothell and they are trying to sell it as Mill Creek because that's more desirable. Pretty typical, and mail would be delivered to that address if it was sent to Mill Creek. None the less, it's still Bothell.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM

67 posts, read 339,877 times
Jenbar,
Thanks, that was really helpful. I think that we will just stick to looking in Kirkland. We've just put our house on the market here in San Diego ( wish us luck, it's getting rough down here). I also noticed that the school district was Everett. I had a feeling that it might have been Bothell, but wasn't quite sure. The same real estate games are played down here in San Diego.
Thanks again!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:22 PM

506 posts, read 2,578,692 times
We live in Kirkland but checked out Mill Creek (briefly) when looking around. It's definitely a nice area as well and getting crowded in a hurry. The two exits off I-5 going to Mill Creek on one side and Lynnwood on the other are always backed up. We enjoy Kirkland, Bellevue and Redmond areas more than the Mill Creek, Everett, Lynnwood, Bothell areas but if you are going to be staying home most of the time then either place will be fine. Pricewise I think they are comparable. Mill Creek might be a little more affordable but not by much (if at all). I would think there is more new construction up around Mill Creek too so if you want something newer that might be something to consider too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area