Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 08:50 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,894,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP79 View Post
God, I was in Seattle the other week for work and what a bunch of fugly women there are there. Chunky black glasses, no make up, sweatshirts, backward hats... They look like a bunch of Steve Urkel clones. And those are the ones that even come out of the house. The ratio in most bars is atrocious, like 10 dudes to every 1 chick. No wonder so many guys turn gay.
I noticed this, too. Surprisingly, Downtown Bellevue has A LOT more attractive women dressed in cocktail dresses than anywhere in Seattle. I recently hung out in Downtown Bellevue near Lucky Strike, and I was totally shocked. Are there just more of these girls on the Eastside or something?

Old 04-15-2015, 12:35 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Just import a bride from one of the Sunbelt states. That's what Bellevue businessmen do. :P
A significant percentage of "Seattle" women are from the Sunbelt. All those Californians the native Seattleites complain about. They're usually the friendlier ones, too.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,194,640 times
I agree, it is tough in Seattle for single men, who are NOT from the area, and who are single transplants, and who don't have the pool of child hood friends they went to high school with to tap into. I am sure there is a lot of the same around the US these current times, though. It is a beautiful place, too crowded and expensive for me now, so I am leaving soon. I will miss Seattle and the PNW a lot. But I need more human connections, better dating options, and more of a social life, I think all humans do to varying extents. It is nourishment for the soul in my opinion. A good balance of solitude and some sort of social life I think in necessary for a person. We all need recognition of some sort. Just my opinion and view. I once heard a pastor at church mention how recognition is just as vital as air, water and food. Lastly, yes, Seattle has become pretty elitist over the years, and many of the attractive, professional single ladies tend to be very picky in Seattle, almost to a fault, whereby no man can measure up in my opinion. So there are many contributing aspects I think.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-15-2015 at 04:13 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:36 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,853,911 times
Unfortunately for the OP, the data is the only thing that's hard...

Old 04-15-2015, 04:33 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,872,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I agree, it is tough in Seattle for single men, who are NOT from the area, and who are single transplants, and who don't have the pool of child hood friends they went to high school with to tap into. I am sure there is a lot of the same around the US these current times, though. It is a beautiful place, too crowded and expensive for me now, so I am leaving soon. I will miss Seattle and the PNW a lot. But I need more human connections, better dating options, and more of a social life, I think all humans do to varying extents. It is nourishment for the soul in my opinion. A good balance of solitude and some sort of social life I think in necessary for a person. We all need recognition of some sort. Just my opinion and view. I once heard a pastor at church mention how recognition is just as vital as air, water and food. Lastly, yes, Seattle has become pretty elitist over the years, and many of the attractive, professional single ladies tend to be very picky in Seattle, almost to a fault, whereby no man can measure up in my opinion. So there are many contributing aspects I think.
I disagree. It's not hard for men who don't have a problem approaching women. IME Seattle women are open to being approached, but they say they get ignored, including the ones who sometimes open convos with dudes themselves. From observing and talking to my fellow dudes, I'd have to say that probably 75% of Seattle's women aren't even on their radar. There's a lot of untapped dating potential there.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:52 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,194,640 times
Possibly so, but as a single male transplant, I will agree with you about 20 percent. I am sure you are right to a small extent. I personally have no issues approaching women, matter of fact I am too gregarious for Seattle's introverts, nor do some of my other single male transplant friends have much luck,....the majority of the time. Women who claim men are wimpy in Seattle, and do not approach them are incorrect in my opinion. This is a mere attempt to veil the fact that it is the majority of them, ..who tend to be distant, irrationally picky, and unapproachable, and not the men,...who are the quite the opposite, in my opinion.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-15-2015 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 PM

415 posts, read 491,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I disagree. It's not hard for men who don't have a problem approaching women. IME Seattle women are open to being approached, but they say they get ignored, including the ones who sometimes open convos with dudes themselves. From observing and talking to my fellow dudes, I'd have to say that probably 75% of Seattle's women aren't even on their radar. There's a lot of untapped dating potential there.
I even have a part-time retail gig to get me out in public, but very rarely do I encounter women without male companion. I'm really out of practice "opening" and making interesting conversation with single women on those rare occasions. I hear more often from women I do already know who complain about guys being pests and trying to chat them up. I've never actually heard them telling about a "welcome encounter" from some random stranger.

Indeed I've tried occasional approaches myself ... but never with any real "success." I can't complain about any serious rudeness of rejection... just the dead end of lack of enthusiasm. I'm open to keep trying even if I'm skeptical.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:49 PM

617 posts, read 1,204,387 times
I haven't had many problems with approaching and chatting with Seattle women, but getting them to reciprocate after that (usually email/text) is a different story... And to be clear, I just as often approach women up to around 10 years older and 150 lbs heavier than myself, as the more younger and more "attractive" ones.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:56 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,336,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
I noticed this, too. Surprisingly, Downtown Bellevue has A LOT more attractive women dressed in cocktail dresses than anywhere in Seattle. I recently hung out in Downtown Bellevue near Lucky Strike, and I was totally shocked. Are there just more of these girls on the Eastside or something?
They are probably either wealthy housewives or single women looking to become wealthy housewives. You think they're there to date a plumber?

Old 04-15-2015, 07:00 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,531,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
They are probably either wealthy housewives or single women looking to become wealthy housewives. You think they're there to date a plumber?
Or, you know, single professional women looking for their male counterparts. Bellevue has a lot of bars and restaurants clustered in its downtown business core, so the happy hour scene is VERY lively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area