Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 01:57 PM

83 posts, read 170,550 times

Advertisements

Bump....Anybody tell me about Kara Crest in Kent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBigCheese View Post
Bump....Anybody tell me about Kara Crest in Kent?
Kara Crest?
The houses are nice, decent build quality that would cost a lot more if they were on the eastside. They yards are too small for the size of the houses( lots of 3000 sq ft houses on 6k sq ft lots), which is common all over with new construction, so they could squeeze more homes into the development.
It's a very ethnically diverse area. The nearby Panther Lake Elementary school is brand new though I don't know about how they are academically. I'm guessing that test scores aren't real high with a fair number of non native English speakers.
Everything near Kara Crest is older and less expensive, but I've always been impressed by the multi ethnic vitality of the nearby East Hill. There's Indian buffets, Mexican bakeries, Russian grocers, Somali meat stores, BBQ joints.
It's also not that far from downtown Kent and the Kent Station, good for transportation and shopping.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:08 AM

24 posts, read 43,955 times
Default Eastside

I live in Redmond and have 2 kids of my own. The Eastside is family friendly and great for kids. Issaquah was a great location for my sister when she worked for starbucks. the I-90 drive was great for her. However there will be the toll soon so that is something to think about. I know lots of people who just plan to bus across the bridge from bellevue into the city to avoide the tolls.

Anyway The Eastside has a BIG soccer group. Lot of options there and There is gymnastics place outside of Issaquah in Preston. I dont know the name of it but I know its there because friends from bellevue take there kids there. There might be some other ideas on Northwest Small adventures .com its a fun website which focuses on things for kids to do in the Northwest.

Issaquah has a good school distric too. It is small compared to Bellevue or Lake Washington with only 2 H.S.

Good luck with move.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:26 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,870,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly N. View Post
Issaquah has a good school distric too. It is small compared to Bellevue or Lake Washington with only 2 H.S.
Actually it has 3 HS= Skyline HS, Issaquah HS and Liberty HS. Tiger Mountain Community HS would make #4... but it's an alternative HS, so I don't know if people will count that as well.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:13 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
My neighbor commutes to Starbucks from south end of Sammamish...my husband to downtown. It works.

Also, I have yet to find anything that says an I-90 toll is happening for sure. Can those of you in the know provide links because I can't find anything that says it's a done deal or even close to that.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM

Thanks all! I'm making the move this Sunday! We've secured a nice rental in the Kara Crest neighborhood in Kent. Pretty big place, but no where near the yard that I have here (and that's a really good thing!). For the most part I'll be taking the train?? into town and the shuttle from the station to HQ. Pretty excited about that and not having to drive everywhere.

I'm pretty excited about everything, but my wife and I aren't excited about the high school we are zoned to, but that's 2 years away and we'll deal with that issue soon enough.

I wanted to thank all of you for your help and guidance and I will be updating you on everything soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area