Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:02 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times

Advertisements

It's almost too hot in Seattle right now. I think it hit 74.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 03:35 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
It's almost too hot in Seattle right now. I think it hit 74.
LOL... I'm sure somewhere someone is giving a big

Old 06-05-2011, 08:23 AM

93 posts, read 263,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBigCheese View Post
Man, it's already gross! I have to suffer through it to get to where I want to be. I'm leaving and never looking back!
We are super jealous, but we know our day is coming up fast. The weather in Houston is like living inside a fat man's colon. With the added bonus that you can be shot dead at any minute, or have your family wiped out by a drunk, unlicensed, uninsured, undocumented immigrant.

Wow now that I think about it, living in Houston is actually much worse than living inside a fat man's colon...

Old 06-06-2011, 08:46 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times
Haha! Amen! It doesn't help it's been 105 degrees TWO days in a row for a month that has NEVER seen temps that high!
I seriously can't wait to get out of here!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:13 PM

83 posts, read 170,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalFat View Post
We are super jealous, but we know our day is coming up fast. The weather in Houston is like living inside a fat man's colon. With the added bonus that you can be shot dead at any minute, or have your family wiped out by a drunk, unlicensed, uninsured, undocumented immigrant.

Wow now that I think about it, living in Houston is actually much worse than living inside a fat man's colon...
I think I started looking to escape Houston in year 2. I'm now in year 3, so it took me a little while.

I like to describe Houston's weather to people who've never been here in May - September like this. Imagine it's a scorcer whereever your at, and your car has been sitting in the hot sun for at least an hour. Now, get in your car, don't turn the air on, don't roll down the windows and then drive around town. That's what living in Houston is like in the summer time. OR, it's like going outside then somebody throws a hot, wet blanket over your body and you can't get it off.

I don't know about the illegal immigrant thing, I'm not getting into all of that, but you can be shot dead or wiped out by a drunk anywhere you go and most of the time they are not illegal immigrants.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman78 View Post
Haha! Amen! It doesn't help it's been 105 degrees TWO days in a row for a month that has NEVER seen temps that high!
I seriously can't wait to get out of here!
Yeah, the last 3 days have been disgusting! We finally had some rain fall in Kemah today. Not sure how much, but at least we got some, my lawn is thankful.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
What people not from here don't realize is that if you want to have a green lawn year round in Seattle, you have to water your lawn for a couple of months, or do what most people do and let it turn brown and die during July and August. It'll come back. It's generally so dry here in July and August that it gets less rain than Phoenix. But generally really hot for only a few days. For much of July and August, highs are in the upper 70's, low 80's, with a few days in the 90's, and a few days topping out in the 60's.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:47 PM

710 posts, read 1,397,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaBigCheese View Post
I think I started looking to escape Houston in year 2. I'm now in year 3, so it took me a little while.
That was me too. I'm in year 6 now, so it's taken me forever!

Got another email today saying I wasn't selected for an interview for another position I applied for. Damn. Things are seriously not on my side right now!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:38 AM

93 posts, read 263,919 times
What's really funny is how many people I meet in Seattle that want to move to Texas. Most of them want to move from where it is COLD to a place that is WARM. Texas isn't WARM -- it's HOT! The combination of high temps PLUS high humidity make it pretty darn nasty. If it was a dry, desert heat it wouldn't be as bad. Plus in the desert it gets cold at night. In Houston, at 3am, you can walk outside to put your trash can out or whatever and need to take a shower when you get back inside. There are good things about being here, but I'm just really ready for a change...

Old 06-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalFat View Post
What's really funny is how many people I meet in Seattle that want to move to Texas. Most of them want to move from where it is COLD to a place that is WARM. Texas isn't WARM -- it's HOT! The combination of high temps PLUS high humidity make it pretty darn nasty. If it was a dry, desert heat it wouldn't be as bad. Plus in the desert it gets cold at night. In Houston, at 3am, you can walk outside to put your trash can out or whatever and need to take a shower when you get back inside. There are good things about being here, but I'm just really ready for a change...
I agree here. You can't understand the difference until you are actually in it. Texas can be warm in the winter months....Jan-Feb. I'm not even sure HOT describes Houston because it's so much more than hot. It's hot, humid, muggy, sticky, disgusting, sweaty. Once all that begins, then there is no relief from that for months on end. So you best consider that if you want to move here. Now, if you like sitting indoors for months on end in air conditioned buildings you may very well love it here. I like being outside, so it was hard for me.

Anyway, Kara Crest in Kent....what can you tell me about the area, schools, etc.....looking at a rental in the area, looks really nice. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area