Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 08:50 AM

657 posts, read 1,790,335 times

Advertisements

we are still planning the move. just want to hear how anyone who did move to the area, sarastoa county even is doing? hows the job search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM

425 posts, read 1,106,255 times
Default we closed this past March

we bought a place in a 55 park this past March, dh has been down there 3 times, I went down in Sept and at Christmas time , and let me just say we LOVE it
we did alot of research online and visiting,and finially decided on our place down in paradiseless than 3 miles to both Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes, and with any place, your goin there 2 -3 times a week at least
North Port is has grown alot in the last few years, ask SoFlaGal, she is the queen of this court, she can answer most if not all of your questions
Good Luck

Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM

657 posts, read 1,790,335 times
thankyou for your input.. and yes... i love soflagal!! she has been a real friend. there are quite a few wonderful people i have grown friendships with and i woudlnt know them if they were sitting next to me. lol. i cant wait to meet all the great people here.
hopefully we will be there soon.. i am looking forward to my new life!

Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,951,961 times
Hey thank you two, I'm feeling the love I know what you are saying-I have only met a few people on CD-BigHouse, Mr&MrsSunshine, TKramer and a few more. It seems like I've known a good many of you for years but like hdzup3 said, I wouldn't know most of you if you were sitting right next to me.

We finally got JennySquirrel down here are quite some time. Now we need to send the Florida sunshine karma toward hdzup. I know it's frustrating hdzup but you'll be down here before ya know it Maybe we could set up another meet up when there are more people down here.

BigHouse is going to be down here next week and I think mr&mrssunshine are coming down in Feb sometime. I know some of you don't know when you're coming down though. Maybe we need to start a new thread.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:07 PM

Default damn I wish I was closer

well Tom(my hubby} will be down at Easter time, but someone has to stay up here and take care of the boys(the dogs)
Oh well what can ya do?
SoFlaGal, you know what park we are in How far are you away from us? we also own a lot on climbing terrace, in the depths of nowhere land in North Port,
the more I think about it the more depressed I get I still have at least 20 years to work before I can retire
p.s. if you start a new thread fill me in o.k.? to bad there wasnt a chat room for all of us, know of any ?

Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Actually that's a good idea about the chat room. Some forums have a "shout out" box on the right of the screen and people can just talk back and forth there but not have a specific topic. One of the foreclosure forums that I post on does that.

You're over in Holiday Park, right? People really keep their places up over there-Nice park. I'm over in the south Chamberlain area. So, you would be about 13 minutes from me or about 5.3 miles.

Maybe we can have a monthly meet up. Then if you are new to the area or a seasonal resident then you could just come to the monthly meet up and see all of your City-Data friends.

I'm thinking it might need to be somewhere between Sarasota and Punta Gorda. Then we could include all of the Sarasota and Charlotte crowd.

Any ideas? Maybe somewhere in Venice??

Old 01-11-2009, 03:29 PM

360 posts, read 1,911,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Hey thank you two, I'm feeling the love I know what you are saying-I have only met a few people on CD-BigHouse, Mr&MrsSunshine, TKramer and a few more. It seems like I've known a good many of you for years but like hdzup3 said, I wouldn't know most of you if you were sitting right next to me.

We finally got JennySquirrel down here are quite some time. Now we need to send the Florida sunshine karma toward hdzup. I know it's frustrating hdzup but you'll be down here before ya know it Maybe we could set up another meet up when there are more people down here.

BigHouse is going to be down here next week and I think mr&mrssunshine are coming down in Feb sometime. I know some of you don't know when you're coming down though. Maybe we need to start a new thread.
I'm still coming down. Trust me, as soon as I have everything wrapped up and settled up here before I make the big move, I'm on my way. I've wanted to be like some people in the past and just leave EVERYTHING behind up here and go down with just some clothes and money and my job in place, but I have too many things I cherish to go selling them and do that! So yeah, it's taken a lot of time and planning and that's better anyway I guess, so soon as I'm finally able to head south for good, I'll be there

Old 01-11-2009, 03:38 PM

360 posts, read 1,911,750 times
SoFLGal my Mom wants to move down too to the NP area and is in the healthcare field and knows a few connections down there and was told she'd have her a job as soon as she gets in town making more than what she is currently up here in crappy OHIO!! So it looks like she and Dad are moving down too very soon. She knows it's important to have a plan in place and work waiting on her down there and with her in that field, she should do just fine down there. She can't wait to be on her way soon. I'll keep you posted on things, she said the very first thing she wants to do when she finally gets into town is stop over in Venice and walk the beach there for a bit and hopefully catch a sunset.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 AM

Default SoflaGal

no we are in LaCasa, dont know if you have ever been in there or not

Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 AM

FringednFab-That's great that she'll have a job all lined up. Definitely a huge plus. When are you coming down? I know many people have put their plans on hold for a while due to the economy, etc. By the way I love Stevie, great singer!! How could you not??

grandmallie-I know right were you are. Right next to Talon Bay. I have a listing in Talon Bay and I have to go over and show it in a few hours. So, I'll be right in your neck of the woods. Too bad you're not down here I'd swing by and say hi Most of the little parks over there are well kept and everyone in them seems really friendly. LaCasa is sure on that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area