Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2023, 01:14 PM

8,004 posts, read 4,631,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
I'm seeing mixed signals about the current Covid wave in Florida. It's getting harder to find local data as Sarasota Memorial Hospital discontinued their Covid updates. Testing is very low throughout Florida.

Here's what I see now for Florida:

1) Covid wastewater samples over the past six weeks are currently on the rise with 7 Florida locations showing increases, 1 location flat, and 1 location showing a decline.

https://biobot.io/data/

2) The Walgreens Covid data page shows the Florida test positivity rate near historic highs - however testing is low and the chart has the look that it might be topping out:

https://www.walgreens.com/healthcare...covid-19-index
Well good news. The Florida Summer Covid wave is clearly over. Not that many even realized there was one. The Walgreens chart for Florida test positivity that I mentioned looked "toppy" prevailed.

The Walgreens Florida test positivity chart has kind of collapsed downward after that short top building process. On July 31st it hit a peek of 50.8% and as of Sept. 17th it's at 30.3% (With the steepest declines coming more recently). Also currently the wastewater data for the past 6 weeks in Florida is showing 6 of 7 locations with big downtrends.

Looking at the Walgreens chart the top was a process that occurred between July 31st and August 23rd. On August 23rd the test positivity ratio was still 50.4%. The hint was that after a prolonged big rise the test positivity ratio stopped rising and stayed relatively flat for about 3 weeks. During this period a sequence of lower highs was recorded. And after that it fell like a rock.

To be noted though is that 30.3% (current Sept. 17th reading) is still historically high for the Walgreens Florida test positivity ratio - but for now the trend is clearly down and the current test positivity ratio is probably exaggerated because testing is very low. With more testing it would be expected that would have a somewhat downward bias on the test positivity ratio.

Often, as is also the case in the stock market, a simple chart can be the best indicator of a Covid trend.

There are certain chart patterns and both stocks & covid tend to have "trends" and "waves".

In the stock market studying charts is called "technical analysis". It's based on price action. While studying company earnings, company management, the economy, the competition is called "fundamental analysis".

Last edited by wondermint2; 09-22-2023 at 01:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Well good news. The Florida Summer Covid wave is clearly over. Not that many even realized there was one. The Walgreens chart for Florida test positivity that I mentioned looked "toppy" prevailed.

The Walgreens Florida test positivity chart has kind of collapsed downward after that short top building process. On July 31st it hit a peek of 50.8% and as of Sept. 17th it's at 30.3% (With the steepest declines coming more recently). Also currently the wastewater data for the past 6 weeks in Florida is showing 6 of 7 locations with big downtrends.

Looking at the Walgreens chart the top was a process that occurred between July 31st and August 23rd. On August 23rd the test positivity ratio was still 50.4%. The hint was that after a prolonged big rise the test positivity ratio stopped rising and stayed relatively flat for about 3 weeks. During this period a sequence of lower highs was recorded. And after that it fell like a rock.

To be noted though is that 30.3% (current Sept. 17th reading) is still historically high for the Walgreens Florida test positivity ratio - but for now the trend is clearly down and the current test positivity ratio is probably exaggerated because testing is very low. With more testing it would be expected that would have a somewhat downward bias on the test positivity ratio.

Often, as is also the case in the stock market, a simple chart can be the best indicator of a Covid trend.

There are certain chart patterns and both stocks & covid tend to have "trends" and "waves".

In the stock market studying charts is called "technical analysis". It's based on price action. While studying company earnings, company management, the economy, the competition is called "fundamental analysis".
Let's take another look at the Walgreen's Florida Covid test positivity chart to see what might lay ahead for Fall/Winter (from the link below click on Florida from their national map to see the current Florida chart):

https://www.walgreens.com/healthcare...covid-19-index

Here is my interpretation of the chart:

From the steep decline following the big summer rise the test positivity has stopped falling and is going sideways in an area of prior support. We reached a bottom of 23.8% on 09/28/20223. As of 10/08/2023 we are at 25.4%.

On the chart you can see the prior support area formed from 03/17/2023 (23.7%) through 06/07/2023 (26.1%).

IMO there's about a 75% chance we will break out of the current consolidation pattern to the upside sometime near the holidays. (The 2023 summer wave lasted roughly 54 days from the start on 06/11/2023 to the top on 08/06/2023. So a consolidation of 54 days from the summer wave bottom on 09/28/2023 would put us near Thanksgiving on 11/23/2023 as a possible breakout date for a winter wave up. Also from a seasonality standpoint the previous Florida Winter wave began in earnest on 11/19/2022 - not far from Thanksgiving)

The 'winter wave' would have major upside resistance at a test positivity rate of 37.5% (the 01/03/2023 top) and likely it wouldn't push through that level. So in other words the winter wave will likely not be as big as the 2023 summer wave. If we do manage to break through that 37.5% level then we could be headed back towards the summer highs near 50%. The winter wave will likely top out in early January 2024.

Levels to watch for a breakout from the current consolidation:

If we break above 26.19% next resistance is 29.2% and then a break above 30.6% (the 05/18/2023 consolidation high) would clear the way to a move to major resistance at 37.5%.

If we break below 23.8% next support is 22.9% (from 11/19/2022) and then 18.3% on (10/15/2022)

Last edited by wondermint2; 10-13-2023 at 02:30 PM..

Old 10-13-2023, 01:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Thanks for not writing CoVid off—nice to see that Walgreen’s chart
Will forward to my sister in TX

We got our CoVid new vaxes today and there were 4 people waiting after us at the CVS on Laurel
All seniors

Old 10-13-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Thanks for not writing CoVid off—nice to see that Walgreen’s chart
Will forward to my sister in TX

We got our CoVid new vaxes today and there were 4 people waiting after us at the CVS on Laurel
All seniors
Thanks. What I'm doing is rather experimental. I'm taking basic stock market charting techniques and applying it to the Walgreen's Florida Covid Test Positivity chart. I think it has a good chance of working because I've looked at most of the past Covid charts and they all seem to follow patterns also seen in stock market charts.

Old 10-13-2023, 01:57 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Thanks. What I'm doing is rather experimental. I'm taking basic stock market charting techniques and applying it to the Walgreen's Florida Covid Test Positivity chart. I think it has a good chance of working because I've looked at most of the past Covid charts and they all seem to follow patterns also seen in stock market charts.
That is a scary thought for some reason
I hope we aren’t talking about a Fibonacci sequence

Old 10-19-2023, 08:16 AM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
I'm just now getting over a cold that lasted 8 days...never tested for covid.

I did stay away from people and distance anyways.

I'm wondering, when you get a cold now, do you immediately test for covid? Is that standard operating procedure now?

Old 10-20-2023, 12:08 PM

I have never been tested for Covid. Also I have never had the vaccine (because I'm prone to pericarditis). So have I ever had Covid? Who knows. Statistics would say I probably have. Although I've never had severe lung disease.

But several months ago I began having 'brain fog'. I didn't like this feeling at all! I do have stage 5 kidney failure and I go to kidney dialysis. So it's hard to say if my brain fog was related to that or Covid. I started dialysis in January.

In any event I want to share how I've alleviated my brain fog completely with just OTC supplements. I will list the brand name of the products I take in case you want to follow my protocol exactly. (I won't post the links for these products because that would be against Forum rules. I bought them at Walmart and I'm pretty sure they are also available on Amazon so just search there).

I waisted a lot of money on other supplements that didn't work. No guarantees but I can honestly say after much trial & error this is what works for me.

1) REASEARCH LABS Liposomal Glutathione. (A proprietary blend with lipids to increase absorption).

2) Double Wood supplements Lion's Mane Mushroom. (I like this brand because it contains the entire fruiting body and mycelium - both are shown to have positive impacts on the brain).

3) 500 milligrams Vitamin C w/rose hips (rose hips increase absorption of Vitamin C & Vitamin C increases glutathione activity in the body).

4) RESEARCH LABS NAD+ (Nicotinamide Riboside enhanced with resveratrol, Quercetin, and Betaine (TMG))

5) Black Coffee

How I take these supplements:

First thing in the morning (on empty stomach!) I take 1Glutathione softgel, 1 Lion's Mane capsule, and 1 capsule of 500 mg Vitamin C. Then I drink 1 to 2 cups of black coffee. After waiting about 1 hour I take the NAD+ (still on an empty stomach). I wait at least another 1.5 hours before eating any food. I have tried this protocol with food and the results are not nearly as good.

You might feel results from the Glutathione within a few days. However the Lion's Mane effect could take several weeks because it stimulates NGF (nerve growth factor) in the brain. Glutathione is a very potent free radical scavenger. Vitamin C improves absorption. And coffee is a proven mental enhancer.

I used to just drink coffee without the other supplements. I would get a temporary reduction of brain fog but once the coffee wore off the brain fog would come back. Combining the coffee with these supplements is the best of both worlds because then even when the coffee wears off the brain fog is gone.

-------------------------------------------

*Studies find that taking 500-1,000mg of vitamin C with glutathione can increase glutathione levels in white blood cells and red blood cells by 18% and 47%, respectively. So, if you want to maximize the effect of glutathione, taking it with vitamin C may just be the smartest idea.

*First, glutathione plays a crucial role in protecting the brain from oxidative stress which can contribute to the development of mental health conditions such as brain fog and other neurological disorders.
Glutathione is a potent antioxidant, supports healthy cognition, fights oxidative stress and inflammation, and counters the effects of aging

Glutathione (γ-l-glutamyl-l-cysteinyl-glycine, GSH or L-glutathione) is a tripeptide made up of cysteine, glycine, and glutamine and present in high concentrations in every cell in your body.

As an antioxidant, glutathione’s primary role is to protect your cells from free radical damage. And plays a vital role in detoxification.

As a nootropic, glutathione boosts memory, clearer thinking, and helps prevent neurodegenerative disease such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. And boosts energy levels.

*NAD+ is found in every cell in your body and is essential for creating cellular energy and maintaining cellular health. Levels of this critical molecule correlate with health status in aging.

NAD+ levels decline with age. Despite their central role in cellular functions, the body doesn’t have an endless supply of NAD+. In fact, it decreases with age. Because NAD therapy is intended to accelerate the body’s natural healing process and help organs function at optimal levels, this treatment can greatly improve brain health. Essentially, NAD revitalizes cellular components of the brain that enhance neurotransmitter function as well as help balance brain chemistry, which results in boosted cognitive function.

*Lion's Mane Mushroom
Packed with bioactive compounds like beta-glucans, Lion's Mane is a potent neuroprotective agent. Clarity and Focus: Lion's Mane's potency as an antioxidant can support healthy inflammatory response, which is closely tied to brain fog. Reduced inflammation leads to increased blood flow and oxygenation for the brain.

The brain’s ability to grow and form new connections typically declines with age, which may explain why mental functioning worsens in many older adults.

Studies have found that lion’s mane mushrooms contain two special compounds that can stimulate the growth of brain cells: hericenones and erinacines.

Last edited by wondermint2; 10-20-2023 at 01:28 PM..

Old 10-20-2023, 12:59 PM

Two other supplements that I want to mention that I feel are increasing my overall energy levels are Rhodiola Rosea and Gingko Biloba. I take these two with food (with my first meal of the day) because they both tend to be stimulating (although Rhodiola will actually lower blood pressure). I don't recommend taking these in the evening or near bedtime.

I found that if I took these 2 on an empty stomach in the morning in addition to my brain fog supplements it was too much stimulation. I find Rhodiola to have a stimulating effect similar to ginseng - but with more mental clarity and without the negative effect of raising blood pressure.

If you feel that adding these two supplements to your regime is too much - I recommend trying my empty stomach brain fog protocol first (from my previous post). If you want to go all in then try adding these 2 supplements in addition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*Advocates believe that rhodiola is an adaptogen. This herbal medicine term means that this substance is thought to help the body respond to stress and restore normal function. Studies in cells show that salidroside, a compound in rhodiola, might have beneficial effects on the brain and might kill brain cancer cells.

*The most helpful components of ginkgo are believed to be flavonoids, which have powerful antioxidant qualities, and terpenoids, which help improve circulation by dilating blood vessels and reducing the "stickiness" of platelets.

Ginkgo is commonly available as an oral tablet, extract, capsule or tea. Don't eat raw or roasted ginkgo seeds, which can be poisonous.

Most research on ginkgo focuses on its effect on dementia, memory and pain caused by too little blood flow (claudication).

Last edited by wondermint2; 10-20-2023 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-20-2023, 01:52 PM

By the way I'm a skinny person - 6' tall and weigh only 120 pounds. So if you're a bigger person that weighs 200 pounds you might need to take a larger dose than I do to get maximum benefit. 2 capsules instead of the 1 that I take might work better for you.

I suggest experimenting but starting out with the low dose first. If you don't feel an improvement try increasing to 2 capsulses for each of the supplements.

Go gradual because possible side effects in some people is gastro upset. But if you start with a low dose and then increase gradually you will most likely avoid side effects. These supplements are generally considered to be safe. But I suggest you also do your own research on them for peace of mind.

Old 10-20-2023, 04:52 PM

Well my bad. I forgot to mention that I also take a 2500 mcg sublingual vitamin B12 tablet with my morning coffee. I really notice it helping me - almost instantly.

However I want to mention that I have anemia and low red cells (because of my kidney disease). So if you don't have anemia you can probably get by with a lower dose. Vitamin B12 is water soluble so if you take more than you need you will just pee out the excess with no harm done. But to be sure if you are getting enough you can have it included in a blood test.

I take the Walmart "Spring Valley" brand (Cherry flavored). If you take B12 I highly recommend a sublingual variety for faster and better absorption.

"Sufficient levels of vitamin B12 are necessary to optimize nerve function, memory, and quick thinking. If you don't eat adequate amounts of shellfish, poultry, and dairy products, vitamin B12 supplements can help improve cognitive decline, poor memory, as well as muddled thinking. Even if you don't develop anemia, B12 deficiency can cause confusion, memory troubles and depression."

"A study published in 2021 in The Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging found that a B12 deficiency in the male participants was associated with poorer memory and attention. A study published in 2020 found that vitamin B12 supplementation among those with a B12 deficiency led to reports of improvement in symptoms of cognitive impairment in 84 percent of the patients. Therefore, decreased brain fog."

"Most people get enough vitamin B-12 from a balanced diet. However, older adults, vegetarians, vegans and people who have conditions that affect their ability to absorb vitamin B-12 from foods might benefit from the use of oral supplements.

Vitamin B-12 supplements also are recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding exclusively and follow vegetarian or vegan diets."

Last edited by wondermint2; 10-20-2023 at 05:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area