Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2022, 05:33 AM

5,536 posts, read 3,623,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying941 View Post
I read this thread on occasion just to see what people who still talk about Covid are saying and to try to understand their continued obsession, not because I care about Covid anymore. I find this an amusing, and occasionally entertaining, social phenomenon. If there were a thread on Andy Kaufman sightings, I’d read that occasionally too.
Hi Trying941! Have you had covid yet? I just had it and finally tested negative yesterday. I too was tired of reading it in the mediaafter 2.5 years but I am glad it's still in the news since I wanted the most updated info on this, not 2 year old data. My perspective sure changed when I got sick a couple of weeks ago, I think that might be the same for a lot of people who get more than just the sniffles.

Thanks wondermint2 for the updates! I live in Miami but have an elderly aunt in Sarasota so I read this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 07:18 AM

402 posts, read 269,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Hi Trying941! Have you had covid yet? I just had it and finally tested negative yesterday. I too was tired of reading it in the mediaafter 2.5 years but I am glad it's still in the news since I wanted the most updated info on this, not 2 year old data. My perspective sure changed when I got sick a couple of weeks ago, I think that might be the same for a lot of people who get more than just the sniffles.

Thanks wondermint2 for the updates! I live in Miami but have an elderly aunt in Sarasota so I read this forum.
Yes, I have Covid twice even though fully vaccinated and always using N-95 masks.

Seems the word “vaccine” has been redefined to include pharmaceuticals that neither prevent the occurrence or spread of Covid. Vaccine is not, until redefined by big tech, big pharma and the CDC, a term for something that for a period of a few months lowers symptoms.

I also graduated with a relevant science degree from the world’s foremost heath and medical institution, so I know enough to know of my own knowledge that using the current “vaccines” on the current variants is like using a flat head screwdriver on a Phillips head screw - it might work sometimes but it also fails to work just as often. And scientifically, considering molecular structures, that is a pretty apt simile.

So, statements from Internet scientists don’t interest me. I do critically read scientific journals, medical publications subject to pier review and speak with friends who are practicing physicians.

When and if a new variant becomes more virulent I will read this tread with interest to gauge public reaction. Since in the history of virology that has never happened, I consider that highly unlikely. However, life always surprises.

Old 07-10-2022, 08:11 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,237,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Why are you here if you don't care about it? According to the number of views this thread gets plenty of people still care about it. I suggest you just ignore this thread if the thought of discussing Covid bothers you - and stop being an azz. If you disapprove of this thread take it up with a moderator. Last I checked you're not a moderator - just a troll as far as I can tell.
It’s okay to come out now, you can leave your basement after all these years….

Old 07-10-2022, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I do need to add, for people such as yourself wondermint2 does a service. Public health is just as much about calming the public as it is treating the public. If he makes you feel better, then good for you and good for him.

By the way, I do wonder what ever happened to wondermint1? Don't, you? Perhaps he was Andy Kaufman?

Old 07-10-2022, 09:43 AM

10,855 posts, read 5,082,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
It’s okay to come out now, you can leave your basement after all these years….
Oh that's really brilliant. You're so witty! You add so much to the topic. You come here, read the thread & then post comments such as "nobody cares" or I don't care".

What's the point of that? Do you think it will discourage me from posting? What you're doing adds nothing of value to the topic - it's just troll behavior.

Instead of your useless attempt to disuade me and/or ruin the thread - I'll repeat what I said before: If you disapprove take it up with a moderator.

And for those "tired" of seeing this thread - I've made just 2 sets of updates recently - one on June 22 and the other on July 6th. And I made one reply to a post on July 8th. The rest of the posts are mostly nonsense troll stuff from people about not caring - but you do realize all these posts attempting to sabotage this thread actually achieve the exact opposite (by continually pushing this thread to the top of the page). So I really don't understand the point of these posts?

Last edited by wondermint2; 07-10-2022 at 09:54 AM..

Old 07-10-2022, 10:28 AM

64 posts, read 53,325 times
We see some people are obsessed with Covid19 and the eventual variants, and others are plainly not. Those that aren't superglued to the subject, facts and figures aren't necessarily less interested in local, public health. That's how a open, free, public discourse goes. Others might believe they are performing some brand of public service for whatever motivation. Everyone need not have the same approach, opinion, level of interest/requisite gratitude or perspective. That seems to us as reasonable. Each opinion or contributor need not become a sycophant on any subject, including COVID19, variants or even monkeypox.

Old 07-10-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCrescentBeach View Post
We see some people are obsessed with Covid19 and the eventual variants, and others are plainly not.
so why are those that are plainly not interested reading and negatively replying? If they aren't interested, don't open the thread? Does it trigger the non interested?

Old 07-10-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
so why are those that are plainly not interested reading and negatively replying? If they aren't interested, don't open the thread? Does it trigger the non interested?
You are using, perhaps unconsciously, a common debater's trick. You characterized your opponent ("they aren't interested"), and then to give advice to those afflicted with your characterization ("don't open the thread").

So, if you read what I wrote, quoted verbatim below, you can see that I stated that I was occasionally interested:

"I read this thread on occasion just to see what people who still talk about Covid are saying and to try to understand their continued obsession, not because I care about Covid anymore. I find this an amusing, and occasionally entertaining, social phenomenon."

Since your premise was false, you advice is flawed.

I should add, I am glad you like reading the posts and wondermint2 likes writing it. It is cathartic for each of you, and that is good. Oh, and I am amused! Win, win, win!

Old 07-10-2022, 09:37 PM

Quote:

Since your premise was false, you advice is flawed.

I should add, I am glad you like reading the posts and wondermint2 likes writing it. It is cathartic for each of you, and that is good. Oh, and I am amused! Win, win, win!
I'm glad it's a win win win for everyone. I did misread you, so sorry. I can be convinced that I'm wrong, thanks for pointing that out!

Old 07-10-2022, 10:55 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,609,259 times
Quote:
I read this thread on occasion just to see what people who still talk about Covid are saying and to try to understand their continued obsession, not because I care about Covid anymore. I find this an amusing, and occasionally entertaining, social phenomenon. If there were a thread on Andy Kaufman sightings, I’d read that occasionally too.

So do you also find serial killings and mass shootings "amusing, and occasionally entertaining," especially given the reality that the consequences of these events pales against the carnage and suffering inflicted on Florida by the COVID epidemic. A Florida death count of 70,000 is funny stuff to you, not even considering the hundreds of thousands more of Floridians likely suffering from organ damage and long COVID, nor the disastrous impact on Florida's medical institutions?

And I guess you will get a big chuckle from reading this article, about the impairment of the Florida medical system as a result of the COVID epidemic, especially when you consider the additional non-COVID deaths and suffering that will occur in Florida due to understaffing in Florida hospitals. VERY FUNNY STUFF???

<<
Florida lost 70,000 people to Covid. It’s still not prepared for the next wave.

A report by the Florida Hospital Association estimates 70 percent of Florida hospitals are facing a critical staffing shortage, and the state will be short 60,000 nurses by 2035.>>

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...-wave-00029091

And how funny are the negative impacts of COVID on educational attainment, childhood health -- both physical and mental, insurance costs, economic productivity, and many other social standards?

And it's likely to get even funnier in the months immediately ahead, given the increased contagiousness and virulence of the BA.5 variant, let alone reportedly the BA2.75 variant, already reportedly detected in the U.S.

<<
“The Omicron subvariant BA.5 is the worst version of the virus that we’ve seen,” Topol wrote last week as the subvariant was well on its way to becoming dominant in the U.S. “It takes immune escape, already extensive, to the next level, and, as a function of that, enhanced transmissibility,” well beyond what has been seen before.

A recent study out of South Africa found that those who had been previously infected with Omicron but not vaccinated experienced a nearly eightfold drop in neutralizing antibodies when exposed to BA.4 and BA.5. Those who had been vaccinated and previously infected with Omicron saw a milder threefold decrease.>>

https://fortune.com/2022/07/06/new-o...vasive-expert/

IMO, you're exhibiting a completely disgusting mentality, IF you're actually honest in reporting your reaction to the COVID epidemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area