Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 02:53 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,110,220 times

Advertisements

I am personally delighted to know what was previously on the location where the Vu is going in. I had wondered about it and now that curiosity is satisfied. And the reality is so fitting. Talk about 1950s style.

Thank you for posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,050 times
Wow if we could only go back. Sarasota was beautiful and a safe place to live. Now it is nothing but high rises and traffic. We should of protected our city from growth better. Now they are starting to build east of I-75. There were statues put into place that, should not of allowed that to happen. Soon it will be another Miami and the beauty, nature and ambience will be gone. Sad.

Old 07-05-2015, 11:24 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,350,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAFox40 View Post
Wow if we could only go back. Sarasota was beautiful and a safe place to live. Now it is nothing but high rises and traffic. We should of protected our city from growth better. Now they are starting to build east of I-75. There were statues put into place that, should not of allowed that to happen. Soon it will be another Miami and the beauty, nature and ambience will be gone. Sad.
So...... It was only good when only you and few others could live here, so you want to exclude anyone else from living here? Gotcha! Sad = You.

Old 11-16-2015, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
So...... It was only good when only you and few others could live here, so you want to exclude anyone else from living here? Gotcha! Sad = You.
If they are annoying like you then yes...

And yes we are tired of SOME people moving here from some run down northern State and treating multi generation Sarasotans like country bumpkins. Then getting elected or on some board and basically giving away the current quality of life to a developer who couldn't care less about the existing residents.

Clueless = You

Old 11-17-2015, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,811 times
thanks for posting these photos, they bring back some great memories.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:37 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,945,041 times
You're welcome! I love old pics and think its neat to take a look back in time to when things were a bit more simple.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:48 PM

809 posts, read 748,962 times
Love looking at old Sarasota Pics. Apologies if I missed it, but there's nothing cooler than the pics of JDM's house on Siesta Key:

Siesta Key home

Old 11-27-2015, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,716 times
What year was the old Sarasota water tower taken down. It was on Hillview St,?

Old 04-06-2017, 08:56 AM

6 posts, read 6,723 times
Just love all of these. The good old days in Sarasota. Fat Stuff sandwiches, Cheney's market on Fruitville Rd. where I could shop for my groceries and pay on Fridays. I remember field trips to the Nehi bottling plant and what about the Storefront a hangout for teens in the 70's. Having lunch at the Woolworths in the Ringling shopping center and Kress market downtown. Cheap Clothes? Of course Brew Masters, Brown Derby, Horse feathers, TR Murphy's, Robinsons dept store and much more.

Just love, love, love these.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:37 AM

37 posts, read 44,544 times
I just stumbled upon this site the other day. I was born in Ohio but my parents moved us to Venice in 1968. We made several trips to the area after my grandparents retired to Venice in 1965. They had one of the first mobile homes in Country Club Estates which is, surprisingly, still there. I graduated from Venice High School and lived in Sarasota until 1993. Many fond memories.

The photos in this thread are really cool. I can't wait to spend some time going over each page in detail. I'll try to collect some of my memories and include any photos that I can lay my hands on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area