Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 07:33 AM

6,104 posts, read 15,156,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
Big House
You still cannot read
The quote was from this Board. Perhaps you should reserach the simialrity of brackets to quote marks before attempting to give me a lesson in English. I actually said ..."the above quote taken from another thread". It was the Sarasota v Daytona Beach thread. Just open your eyes before your mouth.
Your attempts to stop me posting here by bad mouthing me encourage not deter me to post a balanced picture and leave it to others to judge.
Ahhhh, symantics! You moved it over from another thread on the board so you could be disparaging. . . . you really win points on that one! So you intentionally went out of your way to move a quote someone else made in context to a discussion on another tread somewhere else, to make a negative point on our thread. . . . Charming . . . . that is gaining points for you!

I don't want to discourage you. I enjoy talking to you and always have. I just don't like the negativism that you've chosen to bring lately. Nor the disparaging posts about the area. If you stop doing that, then I will stop haggling with you. When you sold here, you didn't do that, and I never bothered with you. In fact you used to alway be quite high on the area when you were living and sold here. Since you moved, you have been negative all the time. Keep being negative - I'll keep replying to you - I like it. I think it makes you look bad which isn't what I want either - I am not trying to encourage people to buy from me by being a _____ who has nothing good to say!

Say something good - honey attracts bees. Crap attracts flies - Your choice.

Last edited by Big House; 03-17-2011 at 07:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 AM

3,549 posts, read 6,702,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Ahhhh, symantics! You moved it over from another thread on the board so you could be disparaging. . . . you really win points on that one! So you intentionally went out of your way to move a quote someone else made in context to a discussion on another tread somewhere else, to make a negative point on our thread. . . . Charming . . . . that is gaining points for you!

I don't want to discourage you. I enjoy talking to you and always have. I just don't like the negativism that you've chosen to bring lately. Nor the disparaging posts about the area. If you stop doing that, then I will stop haggling with you. When you sold here, you didn't do that, and I never bothered with you. In fact you used to alway be quite high on the area when you were living and sold here. Since you moved, you have been negative all the time. Keep being negative - I'll keep replying to you - I like it. I think it makes you look bad which isn't what I want either - I am not trying to encourage people to buy from me by being a _____ who has nothing good to say!

Say something good - honey attracts bees. Crap attracts flies - Your choice.
So, what you're saying is it's ok to post positive things about the area, but negative posters will be run off?

Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
So, what you're saying is it's ok to post positive things about the area, but negative posters will be run off?

Hey Skunk,

Nope - but negative posters that are motivated to attract buyers to another area, and are self-serving about it will get a reply from me!

Lots of posters post their opinion on things, and it isn't always positive - that's OK. I will reply to them if I choose or disagree - just like you do. I am not running anyone off. I am just discussing view points about what was said.

How come whenever I disagree, I'm accused of running people off - I've got no intention of doing that. As I mentioned, he is more than welcome to continue to post what ever he wants to say, and so will you.

But, I actually do believe that real estate agents are not allowed to do what he is clearly doing, and steering people the way he does - I believe there is some rule about that. I may be wrong - but I've never been wrong before. LOL

Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 AM

192 posts, read 498,747 times
I think we are all aware that most of what is posted here is not fact, but opinion. That's what I come here for. People's opinions. I'm confident we are all smart enough to realize that EVERYONE here has certain motives for posting. Some are more obvious, like real estate agents, who have to disclose, others, like flippers etc., are not as obvious. But we can take care of ourselves. Some people posting here are selling in the area and are painting a mostly rosy picture. Is that okay? In other words, we don't need people in glass houses throwing stones. Personal attacks and criticisms and bullying are not helpful to those of us looking for help.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:55 PM

52 posts, read 102,054 times
Sooo, reading from the first few pages of this thread, St. Augustine is "better" for musicians? I really adore Sarasota, but music is a large part of our lives and I think that factor could make St. Augustine a bigger contender in our options.
I've heard there are music festivals in Sarasota, but what kind? I, myself, am interested in almost any kind of live music, but my fiance plays in a jamband and a metal band, and could possibly delve into bluegrass as well. While he plays anything from the trombone to the piano, his specialty is strings and vocals, so we'd really like a scene with some grit. Some metal/rock, ska, punk, and the like as well as jammy string bands etc.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:39 PM

7,510 posts, read 23,022,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyRice! View Post
Sooo, reading from the first few pages of this thread, St. Augustine is "better" for musicians? I really adore Sarasota, but music is a large part of our lives and I think that factor could make St. Augustine a bigger contender in our options.
I've heard there are music festivals in Sarasota, but what kind? I, myself, am interested in almost any kind of live music, but my fiance plays in a jamband and a metal band, and could possibly delve into bluegrass as well. While he plays anything from the trombone to the piano, his specialty is strings and vocals, so we'd really like a scene with some grit. Some metal/rock, ska, punk, and the like as well as jammy string bands etc.
Nah, I wouldn't say St Augustine is better for music by any stretch. This weekend in downtown Sarasota we have the Vinyl Music Fest: VINYL MUSIC FESTIVAL | SARASOTA, FLORIDA | Electronic Music Festival

Then there's:

The Sarasota Blues Fest: The Sarasota Blues Fest - November 5th, 2011

Sarasota Music Festival: Sarasota Music Festival 2011 | Home

Native American Flute Circle: Upcoming: Event Details

Nokomis drum circle: Nokomis Drum Circle

Siesta Drum Circle: Siesta Key Drum Circle - Siesta Key beach information.

O'Leary's at Marina Jacks usually have some pretty good live bands as does The Beach Club on Siesta Key: Beach Club Siesta Key

Here are a few other places with decent live music: Best Music Tonight: Sarasota Live Music Venues

If you like ska/punk etc check out nearby Janus Landing: http://www.jannuslive.com/ That's usually on the agenda there. Also Ybor City. I wouldn't want to live there but it's a close enough drive: http://www.813area.com/nightlife/

I'm sure there's more but these are the one's I can remember off the top of my head.

I think the Sarasota area has a pretty diverse music crowd.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 04-10-2011 at 08:51 PM..

Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM

17,641 posts, read 39,439,848 times
Sarasota has a music scene, and it is a much larger city than St. Augustine.

SarasotaMusicScene.com | Sarasota's source for original local music

ETA: I see SoFLGal posted at the same time with the excellent list of happenings. There is a lot going on here.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Sarasota has a music scene, and it is a much larger city than St. Augustine.

SarasotaMusicScene.com | Sarasota's source for original local music

ETA: I see SoFLGal posted at the same time with the excellent list of happenings. There is a lot going on here.
I agree with SoFlGal and Gypsychic, but would add that the whole SWFL area has free music festivals going on all around it. And, in Punta Gorda, when ever they have a festival, art, ethnic, seafood, or otherwise they have bands lined up to play. Many many many restaurants down here has live musicans playing from Thursday to Sunday as well. If you like and appreciate art or music SWFL, including Siesta Key (and all the beaches), Sarsota, and all the Beach towns, is truely the place to be.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:56 AM

17,641 posts, read 39,439,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I agree with SoFlGal and Gypsychic, but would add that the whole SWFL area has free music festivals going on all around it. And, in Punta Gorda, when ever they have a festival, art, ethnic, seafood, or otherwise they have bands lined up to play. Many many many restaurants down here has live musicans playing from Thursday to Sunday as well. If you like and appreciate art or music SWFL, including Siesta Key (and all the beaches), Sarsota, and all the Beach towns, is truely the place to be.
You are so right, these days it seems almost everywhere has SOME kind of live music! A new restaurant/tiki bar opened up near us a couple months ago, and they have live music every day! Awesome!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,647,537 times
St Augustine Art and Music Information - OldCity.com

I really think it comes down to quality. The Ancient City relies upon weekend and daily tourists so the music scene has to be of high quality to get the business.
Jax is 30 minutes up the road with all the attractions a big city offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area