Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 AM

398 posts, read 822,316 times

Advertisements

Is there such a thing as an inexpensive SHUTTLE from Sarasota to Tampa Airport, & Tampa Airport to Sarasota? ? There would be 2 of us every time?

FYI --SUPER SHUTTLE on a shared ride basis is $102 per couple each way on a round trip basis purchase. Maybe that's the best there is I hope not.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSnowbirds View Post
Is there such a thing as an inexpensive SHUTTLE from Sarasota to Tampa Airport, & Tampa Airport to Sarasota? ? There would be 2 of us every time?

FYI --SUPER SHUTTLE on a shared ride basis is $102 per couple each way on a round trip basis purchase. Maybe that's the best there is I hope not.

Thanks
That sounds about the norm. This is a pretty long distance.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times
I have not used the service, but did speak to the man at this service a week ago, and he sounds above-board for $40 per person each way:

Home

Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,811 times
Quote:

Thanks
Last time we had to do this we rented a car at SRQ and drove it to TPA. We had the car about 3 hours. Total cost including gas and taxes was about $45. They don't charge a drop off fee (well National doesn't) to drop off at either airport.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Our SIL has rented car when he had to fly into TPA vs SRQ and driven to airport lot and had our daughter pick him up
but he gets lots of points from business travel and company pays anyway so don't know how expensive a one-way drop might be
I looked at that option when I was coming by myself the last time and thought it was expensive

don't you have friend willing to act as taxi?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 AM

274 posts, read 855,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
Last time we had to do this we rented a car at SRQ and drove it to TPA. We had the car about 3 hours. Total cost including gas and taxes was about $45. They don't charge a drop off fee (well National doesn't) to drop off at either airport.
This is what I usually do. If you rent a car via Priceline before you get to the airport, you can get it for even lower. I typically rent a compact car (about $25 one way) and drive it from SRQ to TPA and back. Also, if you're willing to drive and you live in this area, try A1 Parking in Tampa. They usually have a bunch of coupons and discounts available, and they're only $7 a day for valet without a coupon.

The TPA-SRQ shuttle is kind of a rip off, IMO- way too expensive for what it is. Plus, it picks you up in a parking lot instead of at your home.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
try blue sky airport shuttle. they are based on venice. not the cheapest option. they have vans and take you door to door.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:11 PM

398 posts, read 822,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
I have not used the service, but did speak to the man at this service a week ago, and he sounds above-board for $40 per person each way:

Home
Link doesn't work for me. Can you post again or send me more info via private message? Thanks

Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times
Quote:
Link doesn't work for me. Can you post again or send me more info via private message? Thanks
It seems they have gone under.

Doh.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:38 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Blue Sky quoted me price maybe 85--can't remember--for single pickup on a weekend
and 90 for two people going back to TPA during the week
and that doesn't include tips
I don't do Priceline and would have wanted a larger than compact car
plus I wasn't keeping it over a Saturday so the rate was higher for short term rental

Am flying into TPA early next mo but my grandson is older and my daughter is driving up to get me
when my friend and I fly back home though we are likely to take the shuttle back...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area