Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2009, 06:35 PM

132 posts, read 628,107 times

Advertisements

In between is best. Get a house in the mountains/foothills in the peninsula!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
JSS

18 posts, read 163,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
world-famous =/= world-class

The 49ers won't make the move because Santa Clara won't fund it, so it's stupid to speculate about the name. As for the A's, the threats are more real than they've ever been. Owners don't want to invest in Oakland, let alone the Hegenberger area. The lone roadblock are the Giants, who seemingly won't survive without Santa Clara County support. Neukom and Baer keep mentioning how they financed their stadium with the backing of SV business and how it would be devastating to tear that away from them. Big city can't even support its teams. That's what a homogeneous, transient population will do for you.
Because Santa Clara...a small suburb of San Jose won't fund it.

Sorry....think they're runnin game on your city....just like the Giants, just like the A's. Think Vegas has better odds. Mark my words....no one will move to San Jose...and if they do...they'll keep SF or Oakland somewhere in the name since no one really knows where San Jose is.

Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,356,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
Because Santa Clara...a small suburb of San Jose won't fund it.

Sorry....think they're runnin game on your city....just like the Giants, just like the A's. Think Vegas has better odds. Mark my words....no one will move to San Jose...and if they do...they'll keep SF or Oakland somewhere in the name since no one really knows where San Jose is.
Uh...you mean like the teams already in San Jose who carry the name "San Jose?" The San Jose Sharks even played two seasons in San Francisco's Taj Moohal. And the only reason people know Oakland is because of sports and crime. Nobody's keeping that identity.

And what is your point on Santa Clara? You seem aimless here.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,141,076 times
Quote:
Uh...you mean like the teams already in San Jose who carry the name "San Jose?" The San Jose Sharks even played two seasons in San Francisco's Taj Moohal. And the only reason people know Oakland is because of sports and crime. Nobody's keeping that identity.

Spot on krudmonk. People only know of Oakland because of the sports teams and the crime. San Jose is known for the technological economy (Silicon Valley), you'd have to have been hibernating for over a decade if you don't know about the tech economy that is the South Bay's claim to fame. BTW, the San Jose Sharks have the best record in the NHL now. Add a baseball team or football team and the city will be more well known. You can say that San Jose is known for its Tech economy and sports then.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 PM
JSS

18 posts, read 163,302 times
Quote:

Sorry, I'll try to be more concise. San Jose blows. NO ONE knows where San Jose is because there really is NOTHING here to distinguish it from any other dot on the map. It's best attribute...close to San Francisco. How's that?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:20 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,356,827 times
I should clarify that my statement on Oakland is not spiteful. I've defended that city's reputation countless times on this forum. I meant only that people think it's full of crime, not that it really is. Not a bad city at all.
Quote:
Sorry, I'll try to be more concise. San Jose blows. NO ONE knows where San Jose is because there really is NOTHING here to distinguish it from any other dot on the map. It's best attribute...close to San Francisco. How's that?
Yeah, I knew you were talking without context or knowledge of the matters. At least you admit it, though.

There are many negative points to San Jose, so why can detractors only ever come up with vague bull**** like fame? ****, I could make a better case against this city than some of you witless halfheads.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times
Quote:
Excellent observations and spot on about SJ!

Ignore the troll. He's getting emotional and calling names now.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:03 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,397,757 times
Quote:
You're not fooling anyone. San Jose haunts your dreams. It kicked your grandma and stole your girlfriend.
LOL! Nice try....but getting back on topic, San Jose is still is the Ugg boot central.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:37 AM

373 posts, read 1,171,251 times
I enjoy the preponderance of mid-century ranch houses in San Jose. San Francisco has many ugly ass mid-century/Victorian hybrids that do not mesh well architecturally. The ubiquitous early 20th century Victorians in SF are nice, but they aren't my cup of tea.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:21 AM

1,310 posts, read 4,141,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzt83 View Post
I enjoy the preponderance of mid-century ranch houses in San Jose. San Francisco has many ugly ass mid-century/Victorian hybrids that do not mesh well architecturally. The ubiquitous early 20th century Victorians in SF are nice, but they aren't my cup of tea.
SJ has better weather too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose