Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 10:19 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times

Advertisements

Alexus stands for the car I drive -> A Lexus. Yes, it is gender ambiguous, I agree.

For the record, I have a great deal of respect for krudmonk. He's a good-natured poster who is quite intelligent and harmless. I look forward to his endless posts that bestow the virtues of San Jose, but he instead prefers to attack others who criticize his fine city. I wish he would open up more, share more of himself, and quit being so sensitive about SJ. It has been easy to get him going. The city can stand on its own though. So I kid him, and poke at his city. Quite harmless and I mean no offense. If anyone has been offended, my apologies.

I actually like both cities, but they are very different. I prefer SF obviously. So what do I like about SJ? Aside from the weather, its proximity to SF, and its generally nice people, I enjoy being in the courts in SJ. I know many of the judges and have a great deal of admiration and respect for just about all of them. The SJ courts are very nice places to practice law, far friendlier than San Mateo and SF. Also, the lawyers that I work with from the law schools in and around SJ are all very competent and thorough. Stanford of course and SCU, but few people outside the area realize that some of the best lawyers come out of a school in SJ, Lincoln Law. Very surprised at some of the lawyers from this school. I have a great deal of respect for SCU's engineering program and it would surprise many that SJ State has a fine engineering and computer science program as well that is growing in reputation. Most of my clients are in or around San Jose. These are high-tech firms who need to have patents written. Great place for this. I have played the violin at various venues in SJ, and these have always been very enjoyable with great audiences.

Frankly, the entire bay area is nice, but SF is so much more preferred by me. This is completely subjective of course and in this forum and others, everyone's perspective should be respected no matter how much one disagrees with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:32 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,144,208 times
wow, what a great conclusion to this thread. A few pages ago, I thought this thread would be a never ending pissing match. I think with what has been said, we should lock the thread now.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:04 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,367,434 times
You son of a *****. What am I to do here now? I guess you actually like MMA, too? Life suddenly seems so meaningless...

Old 04-13-2009, 07:36 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,867,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

Frankly, the entire bay area is nice, but SF is so much more preferred by me. This is completely subjective of course and in this forum and others, everyone's perspective should be respected no matter how much one disagrees with it.
Aw, hell, now we all have to play nice?

Well...well...We got Psycho Donuts! So there! [nya nya nya]

Old 04-20-2009, 03:59 PM

30,906 posts, read 37,033,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSS View Post
Fair enough Sonarrat. Leadership/vision is probably the key thing missing. The Valley is blessed with incredible weather, space, young/educated people, etc.....but it just can't seem to pull itself out of the shadow of San Francisco. Maybe its inevitably doomed to be the 2nd city of the Bay, but sure seems like there is potential for more.
I think the real problem is that San Jose is a one-industry town. Tech people tend to think in a certain limited kind of way. And other things they just don't seem to care about. We have ethnic diversity, but educated tech folks pretty much have the same mindset the world over.

We need a new industry besides just tech if we want to be more than a 2nd tier city.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:58 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,439,442 times
Need to start a new downtown that's not in the flight path. I'd say, further East or out along the western part of San Carlos St.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,144,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Need to start a new downtown that's not in the flight path. I'd say, further East or out along the western part of San Carlos St.
Or instead of doing the expansion to the airport, they should have just made a brand spankin' new one somewhere else.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:01 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,183,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Or instead of doing the expansion to the airport, they should have just made a brand spankin' new one somewhere else.
There's certainly enough land out south of Bernal, they could put it there and drive all those fuddy duddies in Basking Ridge nuts.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,867,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
Already well into that - check the car/pedestrian surge since Valley Fair expansion/Santana Row buildup. Would have been nice if they had thought about the subsequent traffic jam at 280/880 .

At least there's a BevMo! across the street now (required medicine for the above-described headache).

As far as the rest of West San Carlos: Keep it funky, as Burbank should be.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:43 AM

41 posts, read 120,551 times
San Jose :

-More Diverse
-Higher Population
-More Jobs
-Extremely Low Crime
-SoCal-esque weather
-Palm Trees
-Better schools
-Better driving roads
-No "bums"
-Economic dominance over any city north of los angeles, west of chicago

San Francisco:

-Extreme homeless
-White/Chinese(Not very diverse)
-Foggy/Cold
-Small city
-Very dirty streets
-Way more murders/crime than SJ

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose