Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,043,810 times

Advertisements

I'm leaving the office now. Let's see which jerk is gonna go 45 on the fast lane on 101 south this time. I think it's gonna be a Prius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:35 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,444,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. Im about to leave the office in 20 mins and already anticipate that.

Nothing annoys me on the freeway(besides carpool lane cheaters)more than people who feel like its their civic duty to drive exactly 65 in the fast lane, knowing damn well there's a line of cars behind them trying to pass--but nooooooo, there they sit, smug, driving the exact limit thinking they are teaching everyone else a lesson. FYI to anyone who does that: The only thing your demonstrating is what a jerk you are.

Conversely though, its rude to be pushy and impatient with motorists who are correctly driving slower in the slow lane.
^This. You full of yourself people read this again, learn it and live it!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM

15,642 posts, read 26,315,641 times
At least they are going the speed limit. Just went to Walnut Creek to get my hair cut and did a nice 65-70 in the fast lane pretty much the whole way.

What I can't understand the city traffic.

If the city street speed limit is 35, you don't get brownie points for going 20. If the signs say 40, don't go 30. Happens CONSTANTLY in San Leandro/Oakland -- and yes -- drives me batty.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:39 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,444,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
At least they are going the speed limit. Just went to Walnut Creek to get my hair cut and did a nice 65-70 in the fast lane pretty much the whole way.

What I can't understand the city traffic.

If the city street speed limit is 35, you don't get brownie points for going 20. If the signs say 40, don't go 30. Happens CONSTANTLY in San Leandro/Oakland -- and yes -- drives me batty.
Congrats becoming a mod

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM

386 posts, read 798,701 times
It's all the baby boomers getting old and their faculties impaired.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:31 PM

249 posts, read 393,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I have noticed a lot of radar chps on the fwys of late
I agree, I was on 280 just south of Crystal Springs Reservoir 2 weeks ago and saw three CHP's within about a 5 mile distance. I think they call it " revenue enhancement".

Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,523,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Drivers in the Bay Area seem to have always tried to control the way others drive by being passive aggressive jerks on the road; it's annoying and fairly evident by some people's responses on here.
Coming from TX the number of slow drivers everywhere in bay area drives me insane. If they go to TX they will get run over by big SUVs and semi trucks. Over there people drive 85-90 mph bumper to bumper within city limits. TX is changing speed limit to 85 mph on some freeways.

I think there are righteous folks in the bay area who take it on themselves to enforce speed limit or they are so used to stop and go traffic that they seem to not recognize empty freeway when there is one. I can't ever force them to move out of the fast lane with tailgaiting or flashing lights. It also doesn't help that CHP is over agressive in enforcing speed limit even on relatively low traffic freeway like 280. CA also have horribly designed freeways, low speed interchanges and traffic bottlenecks caused by poor freeway design.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,523,469 times
Also the high proportion of Prius slows down traffic in general because they have a hard time keeping up with traffic. I think Prius actually increases fuel consumption for everyone else by making overall traffic flow slow and not smooth. If I am behind one I always end up accelerating faster and then brake to slow down and then have to accelerate. I never understand why they simply not buy diesel VWs with better acceleration and equivalent fuel economy.

You see them on timed signal street in SF like Oak and Fell going uphill at 15 mph and making everybody miss the timed signal. I think people shoud be given tickets for driving slow on streets with timed signals.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Oh a related note, it seems like Prius drivers are the worst. I am always seeming to get run over at a crosswalk or cut off buy a Prius.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,872,358 times
If they're going too slow on the freeway, they're probably messing with their phone gadget. It's these people, not the fast ones, who constitute the most grave danger to the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland