Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:01 PM

15,648 posts, read 26,359,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
If someone wants to end it, just let them. Don't waste my tax dollars attempting to keep some sad sap alive. We have enough people as it is.

I think someone killing themselves at such a beautiful spot is far more dignified than selfishly forcing your friends or family find you hanged or shot and bloody in the bathroom.

Just a thought: What prevents folks from making two jumps - one on to the net 20 feet below, and then another into the water? Aren't they just delaying the inevitable?
Years ago, I worked at a hotel.... and yes -- people would occasionally book rooms and do the hot bath/razor thing. One of them kindly left a note so the cleaner wasn't shocked.

But I wonder -- of the people that were stopped... how many of them ended up happy they lived, and how many ended up dead by their own hand at another time? I'd like to think more people ended up feeling better about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM

23,351 posts, read 29,236,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I believe once you hit the net, it pretty much "cocoons" the jumper in the net and makes it difficult for them to scramble out.
Wouldn't make any difference to me as when I decide to exit this planet one day, I'll have two additional back-up plans. A body loaded with Tylenol PM, a shot to the head, and then fall backwards into the net, or from the highest balcony of the highest hotel in the city.

But falling from a hotel balcony might put some pedestrian's life in danger, and from the bridge there's a small chance I might just plop down and break the back of a dolphin or a shark.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:05 AM

2,352 posts, read 5,264,740 times
Shot to the head just seems obnoxiously messy. I would X' that technique.

Although I don't try to tell adults what to do unless I'm getting paid for it, why would you want to end it anyway?

What if you find out death is even more torturous than life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland