Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 09:17 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,311,082 times

Advertisements

echo, I have to say. You have been coming up with some beauties lately!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 PM

788 posts, read 1,883,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
i thought you were living in shadowridge?
Not as of late. I move around a lot.... I live in vista for for half the year. I'm moving to New York in August

Old 06-10-2013, 10:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,037,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
where are ya now, echo42?
I am back in hell now, but I had the chance to escape for a few days to the Sonoran desert.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:12 PM

6,908 posts, read 8,999,057 times
I've only been in Bonita ("hell") a couple times at most but seemed nice but don't know much about it at all. Could you describe it briefly?
Where is the Sonoran desert? Central/east California? What is there?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:16 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,752,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn_Resiliency View Post
Main reason not to move to San Diego would be as fellows below.

***San Diego is rife with gangstalking & mobbing!!

Last edited by OptimusPrime69; 06-10-2013 at 10:25 PM..

Old 06-10-2013, 10:20 PM

91 posts, read 337,114 times
Reason not to move to San Diego---public safety concerns as police force shrinks.

Half of San Diego's Police force up for retirement & many younger officers leave for other departments.

Half of San Diego cops near retirement | FOX5 San Diego

Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,037,082 times
Oh, on the scale of hellish nightmares..Bonita probably comes in as solid 6, the often unspoken of "Mephistopheles level of hell". Seriously, Bonita is nice and it is close enough to town to be interesting but still on the rural/suburban side. It is a bit quiet for me but I am getting used to it. I grew up in North Park and lived there a good majority of my life, have since moved on, but still miss it somewhat. Bonita is probably the exact opposite of North Park/South Park.

Sonoran desert is what I would describe, notionally as the southern middle of "real hell" or as the locals call it...Arizona in the summer no reason to really visit there in this time of year-just some work stuff, forgive me if I don't elaborate.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 PM

4,498 posts, read 9,415,271 times
Important Reminder: Please everyone this forum isn't for bickering, fighting, and the topic of conversation should stay on topic. If you cant do that then the thread will be closed permanently.

People can disagree with one another if you aren't attacking one another and you are being respectful. Members that can't follow this will get an infraction/possibly banned.

Last edited by earlyretirement; 06-11-2013 at 07:24 AM..

Old 06-11-2013, 08:01 AM

130 posts, read 388,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo42 View Post
I grew up in North Park and lived there a good majority of my life, have since moved on, but still miss it somewhat. Bonita is probably the exact opposite of North Park/South Park.
I lived in National City until age 7 and then I lived in North Park until college, moved away, came back, and then lived in North Park/Hillcrest until I permanently moved away. My mother still lives in North Park. Interesting...

Last edited by queenvic; 06-11-2013 at 08:10 AM..

Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 AM

30 posts, read 63,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn_Resiliency View Post
I don't understand all the people who are posting the **opposite set reasons** of what the OP is asking??? I mean come on San Diego has loads of issues & messed up things just like any other place in this world! Its almost as if many people refuse to find any fault with "America's Supposed Finest City" one doesn't have to look hard to find faults & blemishes in San Diego...everything isn't necessarily picture perfect in San Diego there are many woes just as in any other American city. BTW (America's *Finest City* Was Self Entitled) which you will find a lot of entitled people in this town....

*)-->5 Reasons NOT to Move here

1) Minimal if any industry & staggering unemployment!!

2) A drug hub since many of if it flows through this port of entry from Mexico
and the crime drugs brings about.

3) Throngs of conceited, vain, pretentious people.

4) Staggering Cost of living.

5) pollution, worst case of hard water I've ever seen & severe lack of greenery & trees.
Any one of those points (unemployment, drugs, expensive areas, pollution, pretentious people) fit most other major cities in the US, not just San Diego. I don't understand why people continue to compare major US cities with small or mid-sized towns in largely unpopulated areas. If you don't like cities and prefer small town living then don't move to a city. It's as simple as that and certainly not a San Diego problem. It's comparing apples to oranges. I can find fault anywhere, San Diego included, I just prefer not to spend my time focusing on all the negative. To me San Diego stacks up great against other cities - and I've lived in many of them. So I'll continue to write light hearted posts about the place I've grown to love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego