Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
I was adopted the minute that I moved in. Three cats have been fed this morning, and are now happy.
I've got 3 fur lumps right next to me and they don't want to go out in the mist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,977,370 times
Actually, both Bagheera and Jacey are bengals. Bagheera is the one with the extra toes, and it's a good thing he is fixed because he sometimes uses them like opposable thumbs.

Jacey has normal paws and it's a good thing she does. She sometimes will open a drawer and go sleep in it. Here's the crazy thing. Somehow, she has figured out how to close the drawer while she's still in it! So sometimes I'll go by, the drawer will open, and out pops Jacey!

Old 10-20-2012, 03:04 PM

15,131 posts, read 32,361,461 times
I have one fur lump that's mad at me right now. It's deflea time for him - a Capstar pill yesterday morning, and a tube of Vectra this morning. He never goes outside, - the fleas come in on me. Next month I get to do the flea treatment on my entire place in addition to him, and I hope that's the end of them.

I'm planning to move next spring/summer, and hope that I don't have flea problems when I move.
Attached Thumbnails
Trailer attached to SUV & legal downtown parking?-rsz_cat.jpg  

Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,356,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've got 3 fur lumps right next to me and they don't want to go out in the mist.
Pin this to the fridge to show them how much fun they're missing... perhaps they'll change their minds.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
Actually, both Bagheera and Jacey are bengals. Bagheera is the one with the extra toes...
Ah, bengals & their lovely, soft pelts. Had a friend with one & he left out a tray of water for splashing purposes... said it's a breed trait that they like to pounce in water. Very cool to hear him in the bathroom splish-splashing about in the wee hours of the morning. Sounding naive, but I didn't know they came in varying colors... I thought they all had that wild, leopard-ish look, like...

Quote:
Jacey has normal paws and it's a good thing she does. She sometimes will open a drawer and go sleep in it. Here's the crazy thing. Somehow, she has figured out how to close the drawer while she's still in it! So sometimes I'll go by, the drawer will open, and out pops Jacey!
Hahaha. One of my sisters has an orange cat who can open doors. Until him, I'd never seen that before. Little spider monkey...

Old 10-21-2012, 01:30 AM

Quote:
I have one fur lump that's mad at me right now. I'm planning to move next spring/summer, and hope that I don't have flea problems when I move.
Pretty kitty, M.

I was lucky. Even while living in Atlanta & NC, never had 1 flea on either kitty (& the angora had very long hair), although our house became infested 8 times in 1 summer, requiring us to vacate for flea-bombing... nasty process. I used to call it asthma attack in a can. Just lucked out with the Kitt'Ns, I guess.

If it's not a secret, are you moving somewhere in CA less likely to have fleas? Don't mean to pry, so feel free to not answer. Just thought I'd ask since my thread began with relocation q's...

Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 AM

50,429 posts, read 47,155,129 times
Quote:
I have one fur lump that's mad at me right now. It's deflea time for him - a Capstar pill yesterday morning, and a tube of Vectra this morning. He never goes outside, - the fleas come in on me. Next month I get to do the flea treatment on my entire place in addition to him, and I hope that's the end of them.

I'm planning to move next spring/summer, and hope that I don't have flea problems when I move.
Whoa, I've got a ringer for that one

Old 10-21-2012, 11:05 AM

15,131 posts, read 32,361,461 times
If it's not a secret, are you moving somewhere in CA less likely to have fleas? Don't mean to pry, so feel free to not answer. Just thought I'd ask since my thread began with relocation q's...

I don't have any plans to move out of San Diego, just out of City Heights, to somewhere else in the city.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:14 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,977,370 times
Jacey has a normal bengal's coloration. Bagheera is a mutant in many ways. The only way you know he's a bengal is when you look at his belly. Other than that, he's got a few swirls, but he's mostly gray colored. And then he's got the extra toes. He wasn't breed standard and I got him for just an adoption fee because of that. He's a fun cat for sure!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyinsd View Post
He's a fun cat for sure!
This much fun?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego