Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM

38 posts, read 68,481 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

We are looking at moving from North Carolina back to Southern California. We moved from Burbank, CA to Charlotte in 2004. Now we have the opportunity to move back. But if we have no interest in the LA area.

Ok, so while looking at homes on redfin.com, I noticed a few homes are near (within a few blocks) trailer parks. Now, these look to be very nice parks with large trailer homes and look to be very well kept. In fact, one of the schools we like is next door (Richland Elementary) to one.

I don't mean to judge, but buying a house is a big decision.

One of the communities is Lancer Park in San Marcos.

Any comments?

Thank you in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,780 times
Trailer parks or mobile home parks? It makes a difference.

I grew up in Vista, and the only mobile home parks I remember were kind of bland and not very nice. And not located in the nicest areas.

Fallbrook on the other hand has some really beautiful mobile home parks, in areas with lots of live oaks, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a house nearby!

I guess in my opinion, it's more about the rest of the neighborhood, than whether there is a mobile home park nearby.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:10 AM

These are mobile home parks. Nice double wides with a common area including a large pool and other ammenities.

We are coming out for Spring Break and going around with a realtor, so we will be able to take a close up look then.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM

111 posts, read 328,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Trailer parks or mobile home parks? It makes a difference.

Fallbrook on the other hand has some really beautiful mobile home parks, in areas with lots of live oaks, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a house nearby!
I Live in Fallbrook. The only "nice" trailer parks are in the outskirts of town, NOT in downtown. There are two trailer parks in the downtown area that are known for crime, drugs, gang activity and illegal immigrants. The parks are dirty looking and have a mixture of trailers you will see 5th wheels type of trailers on cinder blocks among mobile homes with fiberboard "build out's" or enclosed patios whatever you want to call them.

As far as Vista goes, There are a few there I would avoid also. Orange Grove (e vista way and Oak) and Melrose Trailer Park (Olive and Melrose) these look similar to the ones here..mix and match some on cinder blocks you can even see the one on Melrose driving by they have have a chain link fence so you can see all, they are travel trailers/5th wheels sitting up on cinder blocks.

Some of the nicer parks I would say are Tiki Village down (Olive past maryland) Also in San Marcos theres a lot of nicer ones in lake san marcos and along San Marcos Blvd going towards the Vista/Carlsbad border. I am not too familiar with San Marcos so I don't know the names of them or the intersections.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloGoodbye View Post
I Live in Fallbrook. The only "nice" trailer parks are in the outskirts of town, NOT in downtown. There are two trailer parks in the downtown area that are known for crime, drugs, gang activity and illegal immigrants. The parks are dirty looking and have a mixture of trailers you will see 5th wheels type of trailers on cinder blocks among mobile homes with fiberboard "build out's" or enclosed patios whatever you want to call them.

As far as Vista goes, There are a few there I would avoid also. Orange Grove (e vista way and Oak) and Melrose Trailer Park (Olive and Melrose) these look similar to the ones here..mix and match some on cinder blocks you can even see the one on Melrose driving by they have have a chain link fence so you can see all, they are travel trailers/5th wheels sitting up on cinder blocks.

Some of the nicer parks I would say are Tiki Village down (Olive past maryland) Also in San Marcos theres a lot of nicer ones in lake san marcos and along San Marcos Blvd going towards the Vista/Carlsbad border. I am not too familiar with San Marcos so I don't know the names of them or the intersections.
Oh my god. I looked at those. Yep, those look rough. Thankfully, the ones that I'm looking at living near do NOT look like those. I had some concerns, as anyone could understand. Those parks that are near the homes we are looking at are much better looking (at least on Google Earth) than those you mentioned.

Thanks again for the input. We are visiting during Spring Break and will to looking at houses with a realtor at that time.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:48 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,780 times
I was referring to a couple of mobilehome parks in Fallbrook - not trailer parks. Specifically, the mobilehome parks on Reche Road and Oak Crest Road.

There is one trailer park in the center of town, and a mobilehome park on Old Stage that are definitely not nice - and definitely not what I was referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego