Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 11:57 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,470,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
To the op, go to court & explain to the judge what happened. In the future always get things in writing. Jury duty rules are much stricter now & the courts are cracking down big time. Good-luck & keep us posted.
You are the OP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 01:46 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,042,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
You are the OP
Hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Yes, tell the OP all about it.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:46 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,879,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I was on jury duty years ago, waiting with other jurors in the hallway, when a woman in your position brought in her two kids, one in a stroller. She never even had to talk to the judge...she just asked the people in the office of the main waiting room, "Who do you want me to leave my kids with while I sit on a jury?" They let her go. She was VERY assertive. I wil admit that this was several years ago, before the more strict jury duty rules kicked in.
She probably rented the kids just so she could get out of jury duty.

I've seen people do all sorts of stuff just to get thrown out of jury service. One young woman took pictures inside the courtroom with her smartphone during jury selection - she was warned once, and then thrown out when she kept doing it. Another young woman had made fashionista posts to her Facebook about the shoes of potential female jurors along with pictures. Someone found it and told the judge, and she was gone.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:06 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
She probably rented the kids just so she could get out of jury duty.
Nope; they were hers. I talked to her in the elevator. These days they probably would have told her that finding a sitter was her problem and that after she found one, she could take a seat with everyone else.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 654 times
Is there an age limit for jurors??

Old 01-15-2019, 10:29 AM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarquez47 View Post
Is there an age limit for jurors??

Yes, if you read the fine print on the back of your summons, you'll see that at age 70 you can opt out of jury duty forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties