Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,134,361 times

Advertisements

........... and remember - you take YOURSELF with you wherever you go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:47 AM

9,896 posts, read 22,097,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGoodin View Post
I have received a few in the mail and never did anything about any of them. What are they going to do? Send out a warrant? They aren't going to do anything. People are such scared mindless sheep, it's pathetic. They are cracking down, how? How are they cracking down? They can not do anything and they won't. The state of California has no money, they certainly have no money to pursue people that don't show up for jury duty, maybe at one time, but not now!
I hope you get nailed someday for ignoring a jury summons. You deserve it lady.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 AM

2,132 posts, read 4,931,410 times
Want out? Just tell them that you think the defendant is guilty because the police never make mistakes.

Don't forget to mention that you have ADD.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:53 AM

10,050 posts, read 9,565,408 times
Quote:
You can't and will never get fined, if you do not respond at all. As those about have stated, they can not fine everyone, who does nothing! How many do nothing? None of us will know but it's a lot more then people think. Not everyone is a scared mindless sheep. I have never responded to a jury summons and I never will. For the person that doesn't like S. CA, this is what I have found. It isn't perfect. What place is? None that I have found, and I have lived everywhere, in other countries too. There is no Utopia, have you not found that out yet? There are horrible despicable people in every city and every state in this country, as one or two have said find the good ones, and align yourself with them. I'm doing a freelance project right now for someone that lives outside of Seattle, he is a life long resident, and says he is ready for a change, everything and anywhere starts to get old after a while. That's life, learn to deal with things you can't change, you'll be a lot healthier and happier!
Yah..... I bet you refuse to pay taxes just like the rest of the mindless sheep.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:43 PM

25 posts, read 90,635 times
I wish you would stop stalking me, that's what you're doing at this point. "Nailed" for not responding to a summons? I highly doubt that, and if I am, I will deal with accordingly. Stop sending private messages, I will just delete it. Is there a way to block someone on here?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:37 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,134,361 times
Quote:
I wish you would stop stalking me, that's what you're doing at this point. "Nailed" for not responding to a summons? I highly doubt that, and if I am, I will deal with accordingly. Stop sending private messages, I will just delete it. Is there a way to block someone on here?
He used to do that to me all the time. I think he must have me on "ignore" now because he doesn't respond to me at all anymore. He couldn't push me around or scare me with his sicko threats and perverted BS because I'm the kind of broad who gets right back in your face and throws back 100 times what you think you can throw at me.

I'm not even going to comment on your responding or not responding to a jury summons. I'll just respond to your post about the perv.

Every time he contacts you, you need to alert the mods and/or admin. They will handle him.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:37 PM

25 posts, read 90,635 times
Thanks Twinkle Toes!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Riverside county is cracking down big time now on people who simply ignore the jury summons. While i was working in beaumont a resident told me she must appear before the judge in banning next month & explain to him or her why she ignored the summons. She told me she just didnt want to bother with it. I told her do not tell the judge that. I may go with her to court in june to hear what the judge says. It should be intresting.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:55 PM

493 posts, read 1,453,192 times
Since the summons isn't sent by registered or certified mail, how can the court assume that one receives one in the first place? Mail is sometimes mid-delivered and the recipient simply throws it away. There have been reports of mail theft, as well.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlowman View Post
Since the summons isn't sent by registered or certified mail, how can the court assume that one receives one in the first place? Mail is sometimes mid-delivered and the recipient simply throws it away. There have been reports of mail theft, as well.
As far as the courts are concerned you received it unless the summons was returned to sender. From what i have read online plenty of people country wide have been busted for ignoring a jury summons. In ca the courts give you 3 chances & then hit you with a failure to appear. Ill know more later next month on what action the courts will take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties