Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 05:10 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

I was in Michigan, where they got more rain in a couple days than we've had all year. So nice and green, so moderate, so healthy..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 05:16 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,030,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was in Michigan, where they got more rain in a couple days than we've had all year. So nice and green, so moderate, so healthy..
STOP, STOP!!! You're making me fantasize on the job!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM

132 posts, read 230,700 times
WOW!!!! I have been following the threads and I am getting sooooooooooooo nervous! We may be moving to SA within the next month. I am not a desert fan at all and I feel like that is where we are headed. I currently live in Portland OR and I love the weather here. Guess there is no chance we will be able to acclimate slowly.... sounds like we will be thrown into the fire with no end in sight!!!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:10 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
We went thru this in GA about 4 years ago. It's surreal when you see people 4 wheeling instead of being in a boat over what used to be a lake.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times
my lawn is green, due to me getting up at 3am when its barely 85F outside and watering my lawn for 30 minutes every other day.

sometimes though, its just not worth it. this time, it is, as my neighbor is green with envy about my yard (overheard her talking to her friend about how her yard looks like brown **** while mine is nice and green).

Old 08-08-2011, 10:50 AM

392 posts, read 749,470 times
There will probably come a time, and it may be that time now actually, where watering your lawn at all is simply irresponsible, in this drought. Some areas don't have much water for drinking anymore even, in which case, I couldn't care less about the brown grass. This whole situation is sad. Let's hope for a tropical storm or small hurricane soon!

Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
I flew a friend's plane yesterday over the Hill Country and the land was PATHETIC. So brown and dead.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
There will probably come a time, and it may be that time now actually, where watering your lawn at all is simply irresponsible, in this drought. Some areas don't have much water for drinking anymore even, in which case, I couldn't care less about the brown grass. This whole situation is sad. Let's hope for a tropical storm or small hurricane soon!
nah.

i pay for it, ill use it how i want (within the law of course).

sides, who still drinks nasty SA tap water? all its good for is watering your lawn!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:43 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Happy-Day View Post
WOW!!!! I have been following the threads and I am getting sooooooooooooo nervous! We may be moving to SA within the next month. I am not a desert fan at all and I feel like that is where we are headed. I currently live in Portland OR and I love the weather here. Guess there is no chance we will be able to acclimate slowly.... sounds like we will be thrown into the fire with no end in sight!!!!!
It's usually not anywhere near this dry. Still the weather is totally different than Portland...maybe you can switch places with one of us?!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:21 AM

351 posts, read 1,585,158 times
Hello again!

I live 10 miles north of Boerne. MY well is 380 ft. right now in the Trinity Aquifer (above Cow Creek) and it has GONE DRY!!!

This is the worst drought in a century, you wouldn't believe how many animals make their way to the top of my hill to get a drink out of my goats water trough every night.

Gonna cost me some change real soon...I just hope I can find a company to work on my well before my tank goes completely dry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio