Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:55 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,830,892 times

Advertisements

M2, the fact that no further action was taken leads me to believe that there were issues w/the complaints. Cops get "beefed" routinely in the course of their duties, even when their actions were exemplary. I've seen it firsthand with friends that not only had RECORDED proof that the allegations were false, but instances where it was blatantly obvious that things were made up. The departments have no choice but to accept and record the complaints - only the investigative reports will ever tell the "rest of the story" - and that is usually not reported in the press, because it doesn't make good news bites.
Don't get me wrong - if he's guilty, I would LOVE to be on the jury deciding his fate - but until all the FACTS are in, we need to reserve judgement. Let me give you just ONE scenario:

The complaintant has had previous issues w/the officer, and sees him in a location. The officer approaches, questions him and "runs him off", ruining his prospects of a profitable night of prostitution. The guy subsequently goes and files a complaint. Guess what? The GPS will show he was there (he was), the initial information will put them both in the same locale - and initial tests will show there was sexual contact by *someone*. Only DNA testing will serve as final judgement in the officers' involvement - and by then, he'll have suffered in both his personal and professional life - which is all the complaintant wants.
As I said - if he's guilty, I wanna be on the jury. If he's innocent, I want the accuser brought up on charges, and to sit on HIS jury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,363 times
I'm curious as to why the Chief of Police would make premature (my opinion) comments such as this:

“This is a slap in the face to every good police officer, every command officer, to the public and to the victim,” said Police Chief William McManus, who was visibly frustrated as he announced Nash's arrest Friday morning. “This is about as hard a slap in the face as you could possibly get.”

McManus said the incident wasn't reflective of the department's culture but was instead the result of a single officer's bad behavior.

..when we don't know the facts yet. Just seems odd. You would think that he'd at least be a little more cautious with his words.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:24 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I'm curious as to why the Chief of Police would make premature (my opinion) comments such as this:

“This is a slap in the face to every good police officer, every command officer, to the public and to the victim,” said Police Chief William McManus, who was visibly frustrated as he announced Nash's arrest Friday morning. “This is about as hard a slap in the face as you could possibly get.”

McManus said the incident wasn't reflective of the department's culture but was instead the result of a single officer's bad behavior.

..when we don't know the facts yet. Just seems odd. You would think that he'd at least be a little more cautious with his words.
In the eyes of our continuing headline grabbing chief of police,so much for being innocent until proven guilty. I think I will file a complaint against Chief McManus for his irresponsible, rude and insolent comments and behavior.....Mabe I can get some friends and family members to do the same....

Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 AM

Yeah - I found that strange as well. Then again, I heard his old department was glad ta see him go!

Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 AM

417 posts, read 982,531 times
Time will tell. Truth will eventually come out. However, looking into his eyes gives me the willies. What was that thing...about the eyes...and the soul?

Hey RGJ, does the man ever smile? Just curious. I do know; that smiling in a photo is not a good idea under these circumstances. I've also...watched the news to see...lets give an example of...some one killing their whole family and hearing "wow, what a surprise" "they seemed like the picture perfect family. You just never know.

I remember a police officer that I looked up to as a child...crossing guard most of my little young life; my idea of "the picture perfect policeman" and come to find out he was convicted as a child molester. You just never know.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 AM

151 posts, read 299,418 times
Just an observation: In the thread talking about the daycare center calling the police on a disruptive child, most people were ready to lock her up and throw away the key with no due justice, but here everyone seems to be willing to give this cop the benefit of the doubt. Where does the line get drawn I wonder.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alane7 View Post
Just an observation: In the thread talking about the daycare center calling the police on a disruptive child, most people were ready to lock her up and throw away the key with no due justice, but here everyone seems to be willing to give this cop the benefit of the doubt. Where does the line get drawn I wonder.
I didn't follow the daycare thread but for me, at the moment it boils down to the word of a known prostitute (which is akin to NIL in my book) vs. the word of veteran police officer.

That is, until more details come out.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I think if you'll go back and look, you won't see my face in the lynch mob. Way too many variables, and frankly way too much emotion. I was concerned that saying anything would brand me as some kind of apologist "monster" for taking up for a teacher.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:54 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,025,045 times
Quote:
Where's that thread?

And really, is that like "apples to apples"? I would like to read the thread but I don't see the comparison from what you've written here.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:51 PM

151 posts, read 299,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I think if you'll go back and look, you won't see my face in the lynch mob. Way too many variables, and frankly way too much emotion. I was concerned that saying anything would brand me as some kind of apologist "monster" for taking up for a teacher.
You're right, "everyone" wasn't the right word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio