Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 AM
cwh

345 posts, read 946,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity View Post
I would gladly wait a month to get digital voice. I called and was told you can't get it period! They said I should have gotten it when I got Uverse originally installed... even though they did not offer it then.

I think I got a bad CSR, but she seemed to indicate that I am out of luck and that I should get the landline package that offers a similar feature set for $20 bucks more.

By the way, it does let me now sign up online via the my products tab, but with a February install and a $100 setup fee.
Call back and get a different CSR. Your first one was an idiot. I added voice a couple months ago, got $10 calling for 6months, free u400 for 6 months and the install fee was waived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 11:15 PM

475 posts, read 1,094,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh View Post
Call back and get a different CSR. Your first one was an idiot. I added voice a couple months ago, got $10 calling for 6months, free u400 for 6 months and the install fee was waived.
Thanks. I have been trying to get a different CSR. So far, I have gotten one that now says they will allow me to add voice, but they will not waive the huge setup charge.

What?! All they have to do is drop off a battery backup UPS and provision for digital service... not to mention that the original Uverse install was probably the easiest in their history -- I have ethernet outlets at all TV locations and all homerun to a central box with new cat5e cable everywhere. The tech sat around most of the day in his truck; must have reported that my two hour install took all day.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:47 AM

5 posts, read 9,887 times
Default Moving to SA shortly, Opinions on Time Warner and AT&T?

Hi All!
Brand new to the forums. I will be moving to San Antonio and I'm in the process of getting all my ducks in a row in terms of living arrangements, furniture, etc. The one question I have is in regards to cable and internet providers. Any recommendations in this department? It seems as though Time Warner and AT&T are the biggest but any opinions on their service?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:54 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,404,874 times
search this forum. There are TONS of posts about this subject.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,129,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPockets View Post
It seems as though Time Warner and AT&T are the biggest but any opinions on their service?
As rd2007 says, you'll find plenty of positive and negative opinions about both with a search in the forum.

In my experience, Time-Warner is cheaper, simpler and less-dependable than AT&T. I like my cable cheap and simple and my Internet dependable. That's why I use both.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:11 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,296,302 times
You also might want to confirm that the area you are moving to is serviced by AT&T. They still aren't everywhere in SA just yet.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 AM

4,331 posts, read 7,243,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
You also might want to confirm that the area you are moving to is serviced by AT&T. They still aren't everywhere in SA just yet.
AT&T's U-verse service is available in many North Side neighborhoods, but coverage can be spotty even in those neighborhoods where it is available. You would have to check a specific address. Their traditional land line telephone service and DSL is widely available in San Antonio, however.

Grande Communications, a regional triple-play provider, is available in some parts of San Antonio.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,188,725 times
I've found TW's Internet service to be very fast and reliable. I didn't feel that I got enough bang for my buck as far as their television offerings were concerned, so I canceled, switched to over-the-air and online content and saved myself almost a hundred bucks a month.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:18 PM

137 posts, read 284,178 times
Time warner cable ticked me off saturday. I "ordered service" on their website 3 weeks ago, prior to me moving into my new apartment and I decided to call on friday to confirm. Well they had nothing in their system, although I had a "confirmation" number. The lady on the phone told me it wasn't a service order per say. They really need to educate their customer service employees because I know 12 yr olds who can BS their way out of things better. Then she asks "do you still want the service?" I say well if I stare at the wall will I see a movie? Yes I want to hook up the cable and internet so she says its 93.54. Online I priced it and its 84.97 and then proceeds to BS again, to which I say just connect it and I will cancell as soon as I get a chance to get a package with someone else.

Seriously I read the previous TWC comments and now I realize I made a mistake.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:54 PM

399 posts, read 1,139,922 times
If you intend to use more than two tvs then TWC is cheaper as you can just plug and play into any Coax jack in the house. You'll need a converter box for every AT&T tv you want to use and it costs per converter. If you have 2 or less tvs then I say go with AT&T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio