Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 AM

343 posts, read 1,307,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Good call! We need more people like that. My only question is how he managed to take both of them on by himself without any of them running away.
This guy is big dude. He used to be in the Marines. But he said the punks were more scared than anything. They kept apologizing saying, "We're sorry sir." I don't think they were expecting to get caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 10:39 AM

472 posts, read 1,795,385 times
Where are all the public graffiti parks at in this city. Other cities have them. We have dog parks and lame skate parks. Why are there not any places for people to do legal graffiti at?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:39 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,440,212 times
it's about time people turned the tables on the bad guys. They're basically the rejects of society and it's not like anyone would really miss them or anything. If the parents cared, they'd know where they were at night. So yeah, I'm thinking a couple headlines of another tagger sniped in the middle of the night and police not really caring to do anything about it (is it really a problem?) would get their attention.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:47 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Where are all the public graffiti parks at in this city. Other cities have them. We have dog parks and lame skate parks. Why are there not any places for people to do legal graffiti at?
I doubt these punks would use them. They are like dogs marking their territory. Instead of raising their leg they are squirting out of a spray can.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM

nice comparison sapph. We should start calling them paint pissers from now on

Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,599,839 times
Yep, tagging is a territorial thing. If your seeing tagging in AR it's not because the bad boys down the street are coming in late at night a tagging everything up. It just means that AR now has it's own taggers.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:12 AM

343 posts, read 1,307,229 times
Nope, it's coming from other areas. If you live around there, you know where it's coming from.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:39 AM

8 posts, read 7,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasWeatherman View Post
The 78227 zip code includes the stretch of 410 from 151 to 90. According to data on city-data.com, the average household income in 2005 was 33,537. 10.3% of residents had 1999 incomes less than half the poverty level. Estimated average house/condo value in 2005 was 64523.

Compare these numbers to numbers from 78253, which includes Alamo Ranch. The average 2005 average household income was 67,162, twice the income in 78227. 1.1% of residents had incomes less than half the poverty level, a tenth the rate in 78227. Estimated house/condo value in 05 was 150066.

Thuggery have very fast cars with big exhaust pipes. The five minute drive from 78227 to 78253 is not much of an obstacle for them. They can easily pay for the gas with a few stolen rims.

Note that I am NOT bashing Alamo Ranch. It's on my list of potential places to move to. Just don't think of it as an enclave completely isolated from SA's problems.
I know the area/zip code you are speaking about. This area is inside 410. But make no mistake, this neighborhood is some 7 plus miles from Alamo Ranch.

That is a far cry from your "Alamo Ranch is not very far from a lot of very poor neighborhoods" declaration.

It it neither close nor is it "a lot."

Also, what is thuggery? It's not a person.

As for people who are thugs, they are not assigned a specific look nor a type of car. Maybe it's me, but give me a break.

Last edited by primenumber; 08-11-2008 at 11:50 AM..

Old 08-11-2008, 11:49 AM

8 posts, read 7,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
it's about time people turned the tables on the bad guys. They're basically the rejects of society and it's not like anyone would really miss them or anything. If the parents cared, they'd know where they were at night. So yeah, I'm thinking a couple headlines of another tagger sniped in the middle of the night and police not really caring to do anything about it (is it really a problem?) would get their attention.
Oh gosh. I figured your sniper comment at the top of page 3 was a sort of joke. But now I can see you were serious and were gauging people's responses to such an asinine suggestion.

To you, taking a persons life is a fair punishment for spray painting graffiti? Seriously?

You think these people won't be missed? Why, because they're selfish enough to buy spray paint and use it to vandalize? What an awful way of thinking. Most times, I'd say 8 out of 10 times it's a teenager with nothing better to do or a group effort comprised of 3 or 4 teenagers with nothing better to do.

Also, don't give me that "if parent's cared" speech. These aren't baby turtles in a water tank. Kids lie, yes, even to their own parents. Billy tells his parents he's going to Jack's to play basketball or the XBox but they're not. Heck, kids now have the skills to go out a window or out the door undetected. I don't think such trickery was around 30 years ago...

A parent who doesn't care, is a parent who knows what's going on and does nothing about it. You have no idea who these parents are and how they raise their children. If you have children, for all anyone knows, one of them could be tagging.

You have no idea. But let's say hypothetically that one of your children is a tagger. Are you telling me you don't care where they're at. Are you telling me he or she wouldn't be missed? Are you fine with "Tagger Sniped by Neighborhood Patrol" on the newspaper?

What will you propose next? Chop off the hands of kids who steal candy from neighborhood stores?

Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 PM

FYI, not that it's any of your business, my kids are both adults and they didn't fall for the gang thing or the graffiti thing. They both have firm grasps on what is wrong and right and that's probably why they turned out so good. Saying a parent can't do anything is an excuse and people are sick of them. I doubt you could find 5 people on this board that would mind seeing a tagger permanently tagged. Most of us in this country are sick of paying for protection from pieces of garbage that are complete failures and don't belong anymore. They aren't producing anything and are instead draining resources. Good riddance to them and good riddance to those that make excuses for them I say..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio