Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:37 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,416,066 times

Advertisements

Since we moved here in 2009, the same "CSK" has been tainting every visible surface he possibly can in the zip codes 78251,78250, and 78249. How in the world can one person paint so much surface...damage so much private property...and not get caught?

Has anyone noticed a reduction in graffiti since the "initiative" was put in place?

Personally, I have not. It's depressing to see so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,259,380 times
Gang related? many people "marking" their turf?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:14 PM

302 posts, read 1,156,664 times
While it may not be a deterrent, this City of San Antonio graffitti reporting app for smartphones does work well for cleaning up after these unprincipled degenerates.
Take a photo of the graffiti with your phone, a GPS location is taken, a few questions filled out and the report goes to the city. It works well, I've used 8 or 9 times so far. It is usually cleaned up within a day or two.

News Release - Graffiti App

Yes, I have the same sort of graffiti experiences in the aforementioned zip codes, including my own personal property on multiple occassions. It always seems to happen in the small hours of the night. Harder to catch the miscreants when I'm asleep.

Ooh... and it REALLY gets me that the city's fantastic greenbelts are now falling victim to this crap! Such a disgrace.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM

62 posts, read 110,797 times
I wrote about just this issue on the "beggars" thread, but yes, I'm seeing more graffiti in the zipcodes mentioned and also in 53 and 54. My co-worker in 23 is seeing more. Not happy about this and is one main reason we are moving way up and out of SA next year. This is something I can't tolerate and am not used to from other places we have resided.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle axis View Post
While it may not be a deterrent, this City of San Antonio graffitti reporting app for smartphones does work well for cleaning up after these unprincipled degenerates.
Take a photo of the graffiti with your phone, a GPS location is taken, a few questions filled out and the report goes to the city. It works well, I've used 8 or 9 times so far. It is usually cleaned up within a day or two.

News Release - Graffiti App

Yes, I have the same sort of graffiti experiences in the aforementioned zip codes, including my own personal property on multiple occassions. It always seems to happen in the small hours of the night. Harder to catch the miscreants when I'm asleep.

Ooh... and it REALLY gets me that the city's fantastic greenbelts are now falling victim to this crap! Such a disgrace.

I actually have the app, unfortunately I am driving most of the time on my way somewhere. I did report the massive graffiti on the new Uncle Bob's storage on Tezel about two months ago, that was horrible and made me so mad! They also hit the new Westover Dialysis center, spray painting all over the new limestone that had just been put up. It is seriously disgusting.

Yes, the new greenbelts are no exception!

I don't understand the lip-service from city councilmembers in this town. I really don't. They should really be pushing to change this. Ray Lopez is the councilmember for District 6 and I can't seem to get anything but an automated response to my e-mails.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,048,521 times
I don't think CSK is one person. I think it's their acronym for something profound, like Crips "Something" Kings. Lord knows what the "S" stands for but pretty sure it's important and we all need to see it everywhere.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I don't think CSK is one person. I think it's their acronym for something profound, like Crips "Something" Kings. Lord knows what the "S" stands for but pretty sure it's important and we all need to see it everywhere.
Oh--now THAT is interesting. I never even thought about that. Yes why would a criminal try to class it up by using his own monogram. ROTFLMAO!!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,892,181 times
Usually when you see a whole bunch like that, it's a tagging crew and not necessarily a gang marking their territory.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,353,997 times
You guys need BB guns!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM

501 posts, read 949,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Since we moved here in 2009, the same "CSK" has been tainting every visible surface he possibly can in the zip codes 78251,78250, and 78249. How in the world can one person paint so much surface...damage so much private property...and not get caught?

Has anyone noticed a reduction in graffiti since the "initiative" was put in place?

Personally, I have not. It's depressing to see so much.
Tagging. Graffiti is artistic in nature. Tagging is some youth with too much time on their hands and zero respect for other people's property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio